Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

It would've been rather easy to solve. I don't get why the GMG/HMG turret is so prevalent. On something like the UGV that could have had something fun like quad miniguns.

Jesus Christ, people expect A3 to have 100 vehicles and 200 weapons... BI is not an insanely huge company and the project had some big issues. Do you even understand that a 60€ game like COD has barely 10% of the content A3 offers? COD has no vehicles, small maps, barely any detail. Just because A3 is open world people expect it to have every little tiny detail that exists in real life:

-"BI please, why is the sun not in a correct position during the 2nd August in the editor. Broken game"

-"Why do we only have 4 APC's?! WTF BI? WORST COMPANY EVER"

-"AI can't properly load 1 launcher into a backpack. WTF are you doing BI?"

Do you guys even understand how much more detail BI has to put in this game compared to most AAA games on the market? What's the biggest thing COD devs have to worry about? Fish AI?! Give BI a break.

Btw. A3 is only 30€ right now.

and 2035 is not a future dream mix from wweapons and not one can more than the old weapons in arma 1- 2 ^^ .

2035 its full networket combat - with the hq

soft and hardkill systems on battle vehikles

combatsystems for infantry aka warrior -US / fist -GB / -felin FR-/ idz es -GER

video and thermals sights for Mg and handweapons

headubdisplays

hunter killer in tanks and and and many more :)

and all this is in the war factories, not one need a dreamsweapon ^^ aka compact titan lauscher with a huge range and wonder fuel . eurospike ;) javelin 2 ;)

and a sandbox - press the mission maker not in situation - with this 2 big and one small ( green ) fraktion . a sandbox give you the room for tech vs terror or tech vs tech or a word war 3 ( we have the small begin in syria now in the middle sea ) in my eyes true ?

Edited by JgBtl292

Jesus Christ, people expect A3 to have 100 vehicles and 200 weapons... BI is not an insanely huge company and the project had some big issues. Do you even understand that a 60€ game like COD has barely 10% of the content A3 offers? COD has no vehicles, small maps, barely any detail. Just because A3 is open world people expect it to have every little tiny detail that exists in real life:

-"BI please, why is the sun not in a correct position during the 2nd August in the editor. Broken game"

-"Why do we only have 4 APC's?! WTF BI? WORST COMPANY EVER"

-"AI can't properly load 1 launcher into a backpack. WTF are you doing BI?"

Do you guys even understand how much more detail BI has to put in this game compared to most AAA games on the market? What's the biggest thing COD devs have to worry about? Fish AI?! Give BI a break.

Btw. A3 is only 30€ right now.

Yes exactly, thats what we want 100 vehicles and 200 weapons, thats what everyone writes.

You cant even read the posts above you -_-

delete day z standalone, pull all resources into arma 3. that's my highly improbably solution but the only one that's going to work.

I don't need any more content and I don't care for visual diversity in combat just for sake of visual diversity. I agree there should be planes, but that is about it. The content is sufficient. I don't need to masturbate while looking at 4 different APCs that are just visually different but fulfilling the same role. So I don't agree there is a "content crisis". Not for me at least.

you're easy to please, good for you. i think the ai is sufficient for the purpose of the game and i think the devs should stop working on ai as that just results in people masturbating over how versatile the ai is. see how that works?

you're easy to please, good for you. i think the ai is sufficient for the purpose of the game and i think the devs should stop working on ai. see how that works?

Well I just written my honest opinion and you just written yours. Fair enough, I guess. But of course, I don't agree with your statement about AI. But then...what is the purpose of the game? ;-) For me, SP. For others...

But I would not compare gameplay mechanics with visuals...

I am waiting for the 12 before I begin to worry. It is still the Alpha after all, right?

I mean, no way what I have now in my devbranch alpha is what is coming out on the 12 right? No way.

I thought they were going to update the way we config our units and equipment in the 'mission' editor?

"I mean, no way what I have now in my devbranch alpha is what is coming out on the 12 right? No way."

depends on what you think "all sandbox content" means.

I am waiting for the 12 before I begin to worry. It is still the Alpha after all, right?

I mean, no way what I have now in my devbranch alpha is what is coming out on the 12 right? No way.

I thought they were going to update the way we config our units and equipment in the 'mission' editor?

Actually it's in beta and the dev branch pretty much has what will be the release version.

It is beta already :)

What we have now content wise in the dev branch is what we get for release.

You can assume that that has been axed, together with the "arma2 version" where you could change gear in the mission briefing screen.

I think that on the 12th they should give us an estimated time-frame as to when the new CAS planes will be coming out. I can accept that they weren't finished in time, and I don't want to say that BIS owes us anything, but in this case when there's something obviously missing I think we should get more information than we would from other topics.

Actually it's in beta and the dev branch pretty much has what will be the release version.

I wouldn't call what's coming out on the 12th a beta. Its ALL still alpha.

hmmm you must be right , however, why is everything labeled ARMA 3 BETA in the forums. Why does their web site say that Arma 3 is in the beta stage??... guess that "beta" actually means alpha.............................................:j: you make me laugh !!! derp

If it says it's beta then it's a beta, despite what your wishes are.

If it says it's beta then it's a beta, despite what your wishes are.

Alpha, Beta and Gold as software terms have definitions. If all a game did was print Hello World but had a beta label on it that wouldn't make it a beta.

There's a Tizzie friend right there... hope to see in some ARMA3 FARPs since Fer has been busy with F3 and hoping to have some raging battles shortly after release day....

See you on the battlefield soon DeadMeat.

I don't think we'll switch to A3 that soon though. We're still missing content (even though mission makers are starting to work on that as far as I know). We'll see how stable A3 is on release as well.

(and a proper medical system. Damn you, handleHeal).

But then again, I'm no official voice in FA.

Switch to the devbranch :)

wish I would have known I was not going to be able to join other servers without reverting back. With such a short amount of time left I should have just waited.

Arma 3 has consistently down me away with improvements I didn't think would ever be made. Steam workshop is a godsend. Running over trees with a tank is finally fun! The trees fall over properly. The artillery interface is finally functional. Compare this to arma 2 at release, the toys were there but the mechanics underneath them were dated as can be. Lack of grrjety in official assets

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

True there is less variety in the turrets, but my God! It actually looks like you are controlling them with your arms! That piece of animation work must have been far more complex than best putting in more turret assets. The same can be said for the test if tge game.

Artillery interfaces are functional and fun! Who cares if the models are reused, modelling is the part that the community are good at, thanks to steam workshop the community can thrive like never before.

I know that I am keener to ma

ke interesting missions in the editor now that I know that they will reach a wider audience and can be updated instantly post release.

Everything about A3 is a dream come true. Running over trees is even fun now!

Who knows how awesome thus game will be in 12 months.

Lamp posts (and other objects) are completely indestructible for tanks ... this should be changed. Should be able to drive a tank THROUGH a building!

Alpha, Beta and Gold as software terms have definitions.
Which as we've seen BI has seen fit to flout.