Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

Except the release of ArmA3 was technically on 5th of March and it took exactly the same amount of time as ArmA2 to make it playable.

Yet ArmA2 has a lot more features and content.

Why do you come onto these forums and state things like that? Wasn't you around on the 5th March or something? That was the release of the Alpha, I would have thought you would have known that by now.

@ZedderZulu

Yes they reduced the pricetag to save money on hiring external QA with which they didn't have a good experience previously (a devblog states this last bit). Good for them.

Yet 6 months after A2 was available to the public it went from being unplayable to a candy and in the same amount of time ArmA3 actually became worse with BIS removing some of already not many features that were there on 5th of march (f.e. realistic encumbrance system which they replaced with crappy annoying visual effects, civilian sites modules, added absolutely horrible balancing etc). And then there's also dumbing down like FAKs, microscopic sun glare, bottomless pockets, backpacks that aren't backpacks anymore and so on.

^^^ Just exactly how much disappointment can 1 man have in 1 video game......apparently, endless.

^^^ Just exactly how much disappointment can 1 man have in 1 video game......apparently, endless.

Its called being passionate about something. Some players dont settle with mediocre. They want more.

Several of those features were inherently broken - especially the civilian site modules. The developers have stated time and again that rather than keep bug-ridden features and divert time and resources to fix them, they needed said time and resources to fix more important things before release. Whether they ever get round to fixing them? Who knows?

Should they have pushed the release date back? Probably. But then, as I say again, there is no such thing as a final game state with ArmA (until the next sequel comes about). They could turn around tomorrow and say "actually, the official release aint happening until May 2015". They won't, but it just means that the game would continue to be improved upon, which it would be anyway, even if it was released tomorrow.

You see, I think in this case you're missing my point, selfish as it is: I got to play an ArmA game 6 months early and pay less for it. Good for me!

Yes I really hope they add a lot more, yes I noticed the boats were identical back in March, but I wasn't angry about it then and I'm not angry about it now.

Its called being passionate about something. Some players dont settle with mediocre. They want more.

Those should either get a job in the industry, or a life, if the disappointment is so troubling.

My thoughts as a vet - 12 years down the road.

A BIS game is like a good wine: it needs time to mature.

Don't make the mistake of taking a sip when it's too young and scrapping the bottle afterwards out of disappointment.

Let it rest in the community cellar for a while instead, under the careful, loving supervision of the wine-makers themselves.

Then enjoy the full-bodied flavour - and drink from the bloody barrel.

Those should either get a job in the industry, or a life, if the disappointment is so troubling.

Oh? And why is that?

For some people a certain game can be like a hobby. Does not mean you dont have a life. And when you are hyped and excited about a sequel that fails to deliver ofcourse you get disappointed. But as I said, some people are fine with mediocre, others expect more. Fact of life.

Edited by fujix

To be honest there wasn't THAT much more content available when A2 was released. Only Utes and Chernarus to play on, USMC, CDF, Russians and the Insurgents. Ok so there may have been a few more units/vehicles but not to the extent that some people are making out. Hopefully A3 will get there in time. :)

Oh? And why is that?

because, in the end, how fucking passionate can you be about a video game YOU weren't part of the development process??

because, in the end, how fucking passionate can you be about a video game YOU weren't part of the development process??

I fail to see why you have to be part of the creation of something to really be passionate about it.

Lol, watchout metal, the fanboy mods are looking to ban anyone who tells the truth about what is going on.

But yeah, this game is turning into a disaster. It doesn't feel like Arma anymore. Like you just pointed out, its worse than vanilla Arma 2.

The only thing I see positive so far is that the infantry movement is less clunky now.

We expected better. Not worse. It feels to me like they are trying to make Arma more "COD" like, but they are failing miserably.

Not to mention this ANCIENT engine is bringing ULTRA level PC's to their knees. 780's with high end i7 CPU's getting 10 - 15 FPS in MP. Thats ridiculous!

I just don't know what to say anymore. Time to start looking for a new sim.

So what happens if BI decide to do something like Operation Arrowhead? A standalone expansion, not a DLC, that provides all of the feature's and content that should have been in ArmA 3? I can honestly see that happening half a year from now depending on how their launch goes. A lot of you seem to think that development isn't dynamic and that what happened with the last title, I.E. all of the support it received, will magically happen with this product. I see a product that almost didn't make it to release, that's plagued with problems and setbacks and there is no way that they are going to be able to provide long term support for a $60 title when the majority bought it for $32. They are going to have to raise some more money along the way to support it.

Pffft. They're lucky they got the $32, which I personally think is scam to sell a product they KNEW was never going to make it. Smells of Crysis 3.

Oh? And why is that?

For some people a certain game can be like a hobby. Does not mean you dont have a life. And when you are hyped and excited about a sequel that fails to deliver ofcourse you get disappointed. But as I said, some people are fine with mediocre, others expect more. Fact of life.

Some people just seem to have overhyped and overexcited themselves. Whose fault is that?

I've been following the progress from the first announcement, and I can't understand the bitterness at all.

This is like "I hope they had stopped in Arma 2/OA, and never ever started development of Arma 3, because they couldn't fulfill my dreams!".

They didn't "fail to deliver", the DELIVERED a working game, with a massive map, they gave us the possibility to be a part of the development, and some of us have been part of it, and not by being overnegative, bitter and pathetic.

They delivered so much stuff that makes 3 better than 2.

Instead of trying them out and having FUN with it, and maybe finding some bugs to be fixed, they are at the forums insulting the developers and those who actually like the game.

Well don't say anything (its getting boring) and to the second part of that statement, please do!

Lol, watchout metal, the fanboy mods are looking to ban anyone who tells the truth about what is going on.

That made me laugh. Go on, hope you find what you are looking for.

Well don't say anything (its getting boring) and to the second part of that statement, please do!

Oh, I get it Dale! Your a raving fanboy who attacks me with zero argument every time I post. I'll just put you on ignore, thank you.

@ Logan9773;

Thank you!! First time I have ever been on an ignore list! As for being a fanboi, if you cared to look through my posts you'll see that I am far from being a fanboi, I praise BIS for doing things right but I have also criticised them if I don't agree with something.

I don't post drivel and I don't go off the deep end either. I do say things the way I see things though. Hence my point about the stuff you post is boring. If the game was the best game ever to be released I am sure you would still come onto these forums and say the game is shite. Read into that what you will. (If you can read this post of course. :rolleyes:)

Please, now back on topic, apologies.

So what happens if BI decide to do something like Operation Arrowhead? A standalone expansion, not a DLC, that provides all of the feature's and content that should have been in ArmA 3? I can honestly see that happening half a year from now depending on how their launch goes. A lot of you seem to think that development isn't dynamic and that what happened with the last title, I.E. all of the support it received, will magically happen with this product. I see a product that almost didn't make it to release, that's plagued with problems and setbacks and there is no way that they are going to be able to provide long term support for a $60 title when the majority bought it for $32. They are going to have to raise some more money along the way to support it.

Hmmm, there is certainly some truth in that. Looking at the payment options when the Supporter's Edition was unveiled, Bohemia plan for paid DLC, that everyone who spent the $32 (or whatever that was in Stirling) will have to pay extra for. I just don't believe that they will withhold all additional content and features for the expansion (though both Arrowhead and Resistance added a shiteload so they'll maywell withhold a fair bit...though they would have to be wholly separate games really, if you think about it).

They've stated that the campaign will be released for free. There may be a general assumption amongst us 'fanboys' who have a shred of optimism left about the game that certain elements - such as the extra CAS planes - surely must be included in the campaign and if that is so, then surely it stands to reason that that content will also be released for free.

There will surely be paid DLC, and Bohemia may well make us pay for some content that many of us believe should be in the game already, but I seriously doubt they'll charge for all that content (though I'm sure differences in opinion and perspective will re-emerge there). But think, at the end of the day, not even EA had the nerve to charge for the Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3...

Oh, I get it Dale! Your a raving fanboy who attacks me with zero argument every time I post. I'll just put you on ignore, thank you.

LOL I wouldn't worry about it Dale ... seems like Logan won't be around for long with that number of infractions !

On a further note ... there had better be a huge number of vehicles in the DLCs or I will not be a happy Supporter!

Please let me remind everyone that calling other forum members "raving fanboys", "DayZ kiddies" and other derogatory terms will not be tolerated. The moderators certainly do not and will not punish anyone for his or her opinion as long as the said opinion is posted in accordance with the forum rules.

There will surely be paid DLC, and Bohemia may well make us pay for some content that many of us believe should be in the game already, but I seriously doubt they'll charge for all that content (though I'm sure differences in opinion and perspective will re-emerge there). But think, at the end of the day, not even EA had the nerve to charge for the Extended Cut DLC for Mass Effect 3...

I just hope that BI will release them with "lite" versions if they don't make them into full-on expansion packs (See: BAF/PMC/ACR Lite), so they can be included into Vanilla public servers.

As there just has to be the essential weapons and vehicles for the release and the playable content (showcases), and there will be additional stuff with the three campaign parts, and rather cheap DLC's coming some day in the future, I wouldn't be too worried.

Those who think Bohemia will make us "pay for the content that should be in the game already", could you specify what do you think should be in the game "already" (or later for free)?

We shouldn't pay more for what exactly?

Keep in mind that the "Lite" argument pretty much comes down to MP compatibility... what we were paying for besides the campaigns was for said "MP compatible" content to not look and sound awful.