Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

The amount of butthurt, misinformation and armchair "expertise" in this thread is fucking hilarious.

so is your complete lack of meaningful things to say in any topic you've ever "contributed" to.

... where to start?

guess we're bad bad for allowing AiA and supporting it ...

is it fair to count all A2 vehicle variants against A3 non variants (or as some who count CO vs A3 (technically 2 games and 3 DLCs))

nonsense about models c&p (w/o even opening them to compare shapes)

anyway ...

there is some valid critic (wish it was more of that and less ranting) and things and changes are coming but as there is certain 'no promises' policy

i can't promise ;) but i can grin and throw on you goodies {hint who remember me saying stuff coming}... :p

there is lot to fix, improve and deliver ...

Thank you, I am sure you will deliver your best, but wait maybe I should be constantly complaining like all these irritable "hardcore vets" who for all their experience in the series are simply making the forums a negative experience. It's one thing asking for bi pod resting its another thing bashing the game down with a stick just because it hasn't met "their vision of greatness", air, land and sea warfare. Well guess what constructive die hard fans, pc's aren't there yet so forget about the magic dream of world war 3 in Arma world. It's time to get realistic about our expectations and show some kindness. I wonder how much bashing gets the Devs motivated compared to praise.

Is ARMA 3 a little light on content in comparison with ARMA 2 on release? Yes. But I'd argue the engine has undergone far more changes than ARMA 2 had over ARMA 1 and the engine needed the work it has had done to it.

For me, I'd love to see official support for the content of ARMA 2 and it's expansions in ARMA 3 as a matter of priority. It's been hinted at by several Dev's and Mod's on these forums, a firm date for their support would resolve content issues for a majority of the fan base and allow BIS to develop new content at their leisure. I love playing around in All in ARMA but official support would guarantee stability and stop patches breaking content thus freeing up mission and mod makers to use the content without fear of having their work go unused.

Come on BIS, you know you want to!

this would be the right way, or at least allocate resources to fix the engine stopping kju's epic allinarma. tkoh had this and it rocked so hard

Thank you, I am sure you will deliver your best, but wait maybe I should be constantly complaining like all these irritable "hardcore vets" who for all their experience in the series are simply making the forums a negative experience. It's one thing asking for bi pod resting its another thing bashing the game down with a stick just because it hasn't met "their vision of greatness", air, land and sea warfare. Well guess what constructive die hard fans, pc's aren't there yet so forget about the magic dream of world war 3 in Arma world. It's time to get realistic about our expectations and show some kindness. I wonder how much bashing gets the Devs motivated compared to praise.

lol I am going to go ahead on the ledge here and say, you've never been in a military that belittles, berates and breaks you down in order to see you resent them and want to prove them wrong....... -___-

so is your complete lack of meaningful things to say in any topic you've ever "contributed" to.

Says the new guy...

And this thread contributes what exactly?

Says the new guy...

And this thread contributes what exactly?

Both of you can take it to PM, lest it starts raining infractions.

[...] Sorry for the moan but I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, I don't see the blood and tears put into this game like I did with all the other series.

I'm sorry but I'm very disapointed on how things have been done this round.

Being aware that I have about 850 post less than you, however, I beg you not to think that you know my opinion... but anyway:

Yes Altis is brilliant that's the saving grace for arma 3

They have done great work but it doesn't give that "omg it's the new arma" feeling with the many many new content. [...]

I think this "omg it's the new arma" feeling is missing because you, me and many many other people have been playing around with the alpha and later the beta so far and we get used to "new" stuff so quick that this most recent staging of content isn't that much that all (many, some, a few) of us have expected. If you'd preordered this in March and would get the first personal sight on it next Thursday, I think many of us would have exactly that feeling, at least for the first few months, weeks, days, hours (depends on your expectations)

But now it's a bit like getting one of your x-mas gifts in mid november and on x-mas eve one may think "oohhh, you're telling me that's all I get???"... be assured, I feel similar about that.

In parts of your critic you are certainly right. The current amount of content is quite thin as others pointed out as well. Especially when talking about vehicles. I wouldn't say they are C/P stuff, but it indeed seems a bit similar on all faction sides and surely I don't like this, too. Only one manned jet isn't very much, true etc.

But for me the Pros in ArmA 3 are much bigger as the Cons. I like this game so far, I like Altis, which is more or less running like a charm for me with my medium gpu and cpu. I like most of the new animations, which look much more fluid like in ArmA 2.

The good thing (the main reason) why I came to ArmA at all is this great modding community which gave me so many hours of SP gaming fun, that I can live with the game in this state it is now, considering just having paid about 20 Euros and not 50-60 like for other titles. Also for me the possibility to be part of the testing and of course having the chance to play it 6 months before it is ready (or not) to be published is somewhat amazing, but maybe I'm too upbeat :D

For me, mods, addons, user created content is a huge part of this game, and there is no other game that provies so much of this for such a low price.

Of course, many little problems are annoying me too (lacking of certain features that should be part of it from the beginning, the weird AI behaviour in some situations) but for ArmA 2 I have experienced that most of this will be done by some of these awesome modders here or elsewhere, and I thank every single of them for their effort.

Sure, maybe it should be the task of the commercial devs of BIS to provide all this, and surely they did not do everything well, maybe there were made some wrong decisions, I don't want to deny that. But for me the overall outcome is far from being "disappointing" and, no offense, but this is something I would like to judge for myself ;)

If someone is interested in how many people actually are disappointed, he should open a poll.

Have a nice day everybody!

I am really happy with the content, I say less content more optimisations and bug fixes tbh, with now the tanks added I think thats fine for me. Sure jets and more types of hat would be great but why not focus on the deliverable of a great game then additions later, im even happy to buy these packages later like i did with all the other DLC (even that Czech DLC one I never played with :S).

Just wondering, how many people would be happy if due to the lack of vehicles BI added a tuned and optimized version of the A2 vehicles ( c130, f35, osprey, blackhawk, hind, civilian stuff etc. ) It would be easier and faster than mod new vehicles, and would add lots content.

Totally agree with that! The best thing they could do would be a updated release of Chernarus with all vehicles & physX. i would pay good money for that!

ArmA3: ultimate military sandbox - real sandbox, gamers have to build their own game.

Kthx BIS.

I am really happy with the content, I say less content more optimisations and bug fixes tbh, with now the tanks added I think thats fine for me. Sure jets and more types of hat would be great but why not focus on the deliverable of a great game then additions later, im even happy to buy these packages later like i did with all the other DLC (even that Czech DLC one I never played with :S).

+1 even down to the Czech DLC I also didn't play with.

guys im not saying EVERYONE thinks the same... please don't post and say im saying so and so on their behalf...

people are entitled to their own opinions.

I really think BI would be loved 20x more if AIA were supported fully and helping KJU do the job to how he wants it...

at the moment he cannot do things because it needs a dev touch

You known from the first day the route they were following for this "new" arma: the game popped on the net from a day to another without any sort of plan (like they rushed, search for money.. I dunno where their arma2 sales because of dayz gone...), we all figured they were using the old unoptimized engine, there were very little contents, in most case they didn't had a concrete plan or a working schedule, after the arma2 (and dayz) experience there's already the same number of cheaters (on my servers I ban regularry 3 cheaters every single day!).

Talking generally, it looks like that this game has been released with the only idea of having a new arma title to sell.. but without any really new innovation (if not for the lighting system), so today i'm not surprised to have a final release with: bugs, poor fps, very little contents... they couldn't even get the sounds right!

Well done so far...

After my first MP night yesterday there are a couple of things that i really like so far:

Altis looks absolutely amazing, having said that, I think you need a somewhat beefy system to enjoy it.

Flying with a more or less low Spec system doesnt make any sense anymore i guess, because you wont see anything.

It seems to me that the distance for engaging the enemy has grown somewhat. At the same time being on the ground I had a very strange feeling about the perception of distance.

But in the end so far so good.

The main thing is the base for development and I personally never played ARMA2 Vanilla only ACE/ACRE and lets be honest here for a minute, so far ARMA3 feels very very Arcade.

In my opinion all the things that would make it more Sim arent there yet, everything is simple, Arty Mortar Helis all the stuff that you had to "learn" are missing.

I hope for ACE and I am certain, once they pull that off noone will even remember a somewhat bumpy start.

So all in all, Graphics and Physics look good, content hhhmmm lets give em half decent for that but the community will rock the show anyway as it did with ARMA2, so relax and enjoy the Views of Altis ;-)

guys im not saying EVERYONE thinks the same... please don't post and say im saying so and so on their behalf...

oh really

Sorry for the moan but I'm saying what everyone else is thinking

my use of bold

;)

Hi all,

Has anyone actually thought about the possibility that BIS might be holding content back until the full release?

Just saying...

I'm pretty sure the content shown on the release countdown page is everything that will be in the full release. We know they have more stuff planned (two more CAS planes at least), but those are coming later.

Btw. general discussion about the full release content really belongs here.

Yeah I have also thought on that, Io believe that they still have a rabbit in the hat ( maybe it's just false hope ). But as they said "All the sandbox" stuff...

Ok I take all the points but you never know!! Optimism at a gazillion percent btw :D

oh really

my use of bold

;)

ahh crap my bad, ok ok I change that "everything to SOME"

guess we're bad bad for allowing AiA and supporting it ...

I love you guys for allowing it, but it'd be super-ultra-awesome if you could make backward comparability part of a game instead of a mod. Think, for people who didn't own the older games there'd be an incentive to buy them, meaning more money to spend on beer! ... and development.

You known from the first day the route they were following for this "new" arma: the game popped on the net from a day to another without any sort of plan (like they rushed, search for money.. I dunno where their arma2 sales because of dayz gone...), we all figured they were using the old unoptimized engine, there were very little contents, in most case they didn't had a concrete plan or a working schedule, after the arma2 (and dayz) experience there's already the same number of cheaters (on my servers I ban regularry 3 cheaters every single day!).

Talking generally, it looks like that this game has been released with the only idea of having a new arma title to sell.. but without any really new innovation (if not for the lighting system), so today i'm not surprised to have a final release with: bugs, poor fps, very little contents... they couldn't even get the sounds right!

Well done so far...

you are a angry person.

I love you guys for allowing it, but it'd be super-ultra-awesome if you could make backward comparability part of a game instead of a mod. Think, for people who didn't own the older games there'd be an incentive to buy them, meaning more money to spend on beer! ... and development.

yer you can just copy addons folder from A2 to a modfolder in A3. it works without mods, but delete (Anims,Modules,UI,UIFont,Editor pbo's)

He's been in the game since the Alpha. He's Nikos Panagopoulos, and he's definitely in there. Model, textures, and all. There doesn't seem to be finalized head models for any of the characters except Scott Miller and Nikos.

Well I don't have him anywhere in the Editor. when I place a unit named Nikos it has face number 11 (I think, well it's the face I chose in my profile anyway),

so dose the other citizen from the Story characters only he is dressed differently. and also all of the other story chracters.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have made them playable, but that seems a bit odd.

Edited by bez

Tbh I really don't like how A3 is going.I'm not disappointed and still not regretting getting the alpha and support

these guys but there are a few factors that really should have been addressed.

Since this is about content here's my opinion on this:

-I've never been bothered by the prototype stuff and I like even the fictional Kajman,you all knew what you were signing for long before alpha came out

-I'm actually ok with the amount of content(most of it) at this date because I'm sure they'll add more,exception are the fighter jets though,there are no excuses for them missing

-the copy-paste on some vehicles looks indeed very cheap and "let's fill them with something"

-crappy civ stuff,few models,few civ cars,no females civ so we're back at sausagefest from A1(this bothers me

because I actually used lots of civ stuff in A2 in my scenarios)

All of these coupled with some ancient AI problems/mechanics that they couldn't bother to fix really hampers my enthusiasm though.

Oh and I like Altis very much and it sure looks like they worked hard designed it but I've bought a game,not a holiday resort 3d panorama.

Well I don't have him anywhere in the Editor. when I place a unit named Nikos it has face number 11 (I think, well it's the face I chose in my profile anyway),

so dose the other citizen from the Story characters only he is dressed differently. and also all of the other story chracters.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have made them playable, but that seems a bit odd.

Your mean when you make that unit the player? That's what happens. The unit has the face you selected in the profile. If you just put the unit down in front of your character then they have the appropriate face.

The content that is there is nice, I like it.

Few things I noticed so far after 30 minutes of checking out the new content:

- Buzzard has no flares??

- No military objects like field hospital/mash, barracks, radar, etc.

- vehicle covers do not fit over most vehicles like Hunter/Ifrit,APCs and tanks. (cover will collaps)