Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

I don't know why people assume that this is the only content we'll get just because it's the dev build.

They may have something in store for us, you never know.

There may be more Offroads (I hope so, the M2HB one is really cool, though), the wrecks have some possible future vehicles (The C-192, for instance) and other stuffs.

tl;dr version at the end of the post.

Where is this cool bald guy with the goatee beard they were boasting in one of their demos? The model was already made, why is it gone?

He's been in the game since the Alpha. He's Nikos Panagopoulos, and he's definitely in there. Model, textures, and all. There doesn't seem to be finalized head models for any of the characters except Scott Miller and Nikos.

I don't know why people assume that this is the only content we'll get just because it's the dev build.

They may have something in store for us, you never know.

There may be more Offroads (I hope so, the M2HB one is really cool, though), the wrecks have some possible future vehicles (The C-192, for instance) and other stuffs.

Well, that assumption comes from this statement from the 27 AUG SITREP #00023:

quote_icon.png Originally posted by Joris-Jan van 't Land viewpost-right.png

Next week (hopefully September 4th) we have another large development branch deployment planned for everyone who is already with us in the Beta. All of the rest of the sandbox content is to be staged on development branch - meaning tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more. We're only keeping playable content for the actual release.

Now, I'm not 100% sure what playable content means, as I consider anything in the game to be playable content.

Edited by antoineflemming

maybe because we were told it's "all the sandbox content" and anything more is "no promises"

maybe because we were told it's "all the sandbox content" and anything more is "no promises"

So what? They said the same thing for Arma 2 and a random patch added in the AH-64D for absolutely free.

So what?

you said you didn't know why people assume it's all the content in the dev build. I'm just pointing out why people come to that conclusion

you said you didn't know why people assume it's all the content in the dev build. I'm just pointing out why people come to that conclusion

And I'm just saying that it's unreasonable.

honestly, if someone comes with the C&P, config errors or wrong stuff (together with A3FT ticket url) then i welcome him with hug :p

ranting w/o sense ... {you hear some noise of something kickass being started ;)}

Haha, I have to smirk whilst reading all these complaints... why did you people pay for the Alpha or Beta if you were hinging on the playable content from the final release (altis, tanks, campaign, women etc) making the game worthwhile?

I for one, am extremely pleased with the end result. ArmA is all about the community and mod-friendly engine which they have worked on tirelessly since OFP. If you expect a small, talented and passionate team such as BI to release massive amounts of content; then I am pleased that Bohemia gets to gobble up your money without your satisfaction.

My message to Bohemia Interactive: Keep up the amazing work regarding physics, mission presentation, function library and graphical improvements. The important members of the community will be the ones who are still playing, modding and scripting three years down the track; as they have been doing for the years leading up to ArmA III :cool:

Wait wait wait.

This is really all we're getting? Are you serious? NATO doesn't even have a single stinking jet? 75% of NATO's battle doctrine since 70s has been air power air power air power, and you're telling me they didn't bring one manned jet? Not a single F/A-18 or Growler? Not one F-22? Why do we even have paratroopers when we don't even have a C-130 to dump them out of?

I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful but I feel like this is a step backward from the previous games. Even if they just ported the Arma 2 planes and fluffed them up I'd be happy. That's what they did with the L-39.

I seriously hope they're putting the rest aside as DLC, even paid DLC. Right now the game just still feels unfinished content-wise. How do the Greek armed forces have more air power than NATO?

Haha, I have to smirk whilst reading all these complaints... why did you people pay for the Alpha or Beta if you were hinging on the playable content from the final release (altis, tanks, campaign, women etc) making the game worthwhile?

I for one, am extremely pleased with the end result. ArmA is all about the community and mod-friendly engine which they have worked on tirelessly since OFP. If you expect a small, talented and passionate team such as BI to release massive amounts of content; then I am pleased that Bohemia gets to gobble up your money without your satisfaction.

My message to Bohemia Interactive: Keep up the amazing work regarding physics, mission presentation, function library and graphical improvements. The important members of the community will be the ones who are still playing, modding and scripting three years down the track; as they have been doing for the years leading up to ArmA III :cool:

Dude, I like this game too. But no campaign and very slim pickings vehicle wise? This isn't their first game. They've been doing this for over 10 years.

I for one am enjoying Arma 3 a fair bit more than Arma 2. Anyone else, besides the ones who already said so?

Many, many more, believe me =).

Wait wait wait.

This is really all we're getting? Are you serious? NATO doesn't even have a single stinking jet? 75% of NATO's battle doctrine since 70s has been air power air power air power, and you're telling me they didn't bring one manned jet? Not a single F/A-18 or Growler? Not one F-22? Why do we even have paratroopers when we don't even have a C-130 to dump them out of?

I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful but I feel like this is a step backward from the previous games. Even if they just ported the Arma 2 planes and fluffed them up I'd be happy. That's what they did with the L-39.

I seriously hope they're putting the rest aside as DLC, even paid DLC. Right now the game just still feels unfinished content-wise. How do the Greek armed forces have more air power than NATO?

Dude, I like this game too. But no campaign and very slim pickings vehicle wise? This isn't their first game. They've been doing this for over 10 years.

Well OFP did not originally release with a Russian fixed wing aircraft, they added the Su-25 later on though.

And I'm just saying that it's unreasonable.

it's unreasonable to believe what the devs say?

i guess we should all just live in wishful thinking land and disregard the most reliable source of information on the matter. it's not even an assumption at this point.

it's unreasonable to believe what the devs say?

i guess we should all just live in wishful thinking land and disregard the most reliable source of information on the matter. it's not even an assumption at this point.

But people are acting as if it's physically impossible in any form for there to be new content, like this is what we'll have for eternity and there will never be any content updates, even if the BIS devs were tortured in a manner so bad that we couldn't even comprehend it, even post release.

First off id just like to say what a great job the devs have done, this has and always will be the best game ever made. No matter what... i always come back to Arma, and i cant say that about any other game on the market. After all the trials and tribulations the dev team have went throw over the past 2 or 3 years, its a credit to them for making hard choices and sticking with them and still producing something of a masterpiece, yes they still have a long way to go in sorting out certain aspects of the game, but i have every bit of faith that they will achieve there goals.

Most of the negative feedback seems to be coming from people that joined the Arma series after Arma 2 CO or DayZ was released, therefor they see that as one game with lots of content and they fail to realize that it is 2 games and 3 DLC combined. These are also the people i expect to see parking the MHQ at the top of a hill, then continue to rocket spam the AO (please stop it).

If the game is great today, then it will be epic tomorrow.

BI should make a DLC that includes A2 vehicles updated for A3. Give it for free to those that already own A2, but charge for those that don't.

One of my main disappointments with the current content is that there isn't a single AK variant! A world without an AK isn't a world worth living in!

(seriously, TARs for FIA??)

One of my main disappointments with the current content is that there isn't a single AK variant! A world without an AK isn't a world worth living in!

(seriously, TARs for FIA??)

The AK is one of, if not the greatest assault rifle ever created, i recon army's will still be using it in the year 2100. In fact 1000 years from now, some guy will unearth an AK47, and the damn thing will still work.

I would like to thank dwarden for the feedback firstly.

Secondly I think the problem lays that the amount of content on the FINAL release, surely it shouldn't be called a final until all additions have been made and the only thing left to do is patch patch patch???

I still love BI regardless, but I think A3 has kind of gone "look at the NEWWWWWW arma 3!!!! Gonna be 20 times better than every other arma game". But it's like ok.... Is this it? Still looks amazing!!! I'm shocked on graphics and the new engine you have outdone yourself on that aspect but SOME of the community was expecting more variety :(

Who knows maybe in a year or 2 it will overtake A2???

The AK is one of, if not the greatest assault rifle ever created, i recon army's will still be using it in the year 2100. In fact 1000 years from now, some guy will unearth an AK47, and the damn thing will still work.

THIS is undeniable. The AK is the most widely circulated, widely used assault rifle in the history of weapons. It will be around in 2035, as will the osprey, as will F-35, as will the F-22, as will blah blah blah the list goes on and on. Even the A-10, the sexiest most badass plane in existence has an operational "shelf life" of 2030 as stated by the USAF. I should know, I work for them. ;) So there is no reason any or most of the ARMA 2 modern day armermaent should not be in ARMA 3. It needs to be, but not as a half ass textured port. ARMA 3 compatible and quality only.

Here is my thing about all these anti-critism nutjobs. Is it so hard to believe that maybe the people that bitch, moan, and state their dissapointment love the game so much that they want it to be the best? Maybe they love it more than you!? The ARMA series as a whole has the potential to be the FIRST video game, in video games short history, that is an infrantry simulator/flight simulator/naval simulator/tank simulator all in one sandbox master piece! It's obvious. They are creating all these games that are dedicated sims. Why not put them all together in the most epic game in history!?

If pulling the ToH FM at the last second was a business decision where they said "Oh sh*t, we just committed (and they did confirm multiple times on this forums) to putting one of our products ToH in another product and charging the price of one product! Oh Noes!! Retract statement we need to charge another 50 for ToH" than ok, I get it. I would GLADLY pay $100 for a all in one simulator package. And I guarantee if made correctly with the graphical fidelity of ARMA 3, it would sell millions! Innovation people. ARMA 3 has the capability. All I have been trying to say is they need to make the right management decisions to make it work. I understand the market has to be taken into account, but this engine in itself has so much potential!

I just think that the people that rage, rage because they care. Maybe too much in a lot of cases. Think about it - People get upset when they lose things they care about or when people they care about disappoint them. Human nature. People tend to brush off or except things they dont care too much about or think they cannot/feel they cannot change.

Edited by CombatComm1
spelling errors

BI should make a DLC that includes A2 vehicles updated for A3. Give it for free to those that already own A2, but charge for those that don't.

That would be a great idea, though at the very least adding a "lite" version (like the BAF/PMC/ACR DLCs for OA) for those who don't have A2/OA/BAF/PMC/ACR, would be ideal for us mission developers.

Ironically, I believe that mods are a disincentive to official versions of the content that some mods represent, especially if the mods are so well done... for example: look at these screenshots from the Arma 3 Photography thread. Would you know that they were mods if I didn't tell you? If not, then that's a credit to the modders' work... but why would the devs even want to sink resources and time into "competing" with them? That's how good these look. :p

The amount of butthurt, misinformation and armchair "expertise" in this thread is fucking hilarious.

why would the devs even want to sink resources and time into "competing" with them? That's how good these look. :p

Really the only reason I think that it would be a good idea is for servers running Vanilla A3. (Yes, those will still exist)

... where to start?

guess we're bad bad for allowing AiA and supporting it ...

AiA is adding content from previous games. It isn't exactly related to the issue at hand.

is it fair to count all A2 vehicle variants against A3 non variants (or as some who count CO vs A3 (technically 2 games and 3 DLCs))

Actually A2 unique vehicles were counted vs. what A3 has. That was the point. Even A2 alone offers a lot more unique stuff than A3 (oh and it has cockpits for APCs too as a bonus).

nonsense about models c&p (w/o even opening them to compare shapes)

Well duh Scorcher has a pair of canisters on the side of its turret but otherwise the turret is completely the same as on OPFOR arty.

GREENFOR APC is just a chassis copy-pasted from Marid and turret from Kamysh. And examples can go on and go on.

I mean some vehicles don't even have a hatch for a gunner with MLRS making it even more ridiculous without having a space for a gunner (because it's obviously quickly put together vehicle consisting of Merkava's chassis and A2 MLRS launcher) yet having a gunner. Honestly if BIS had no time or something - simply updating textures on A2 MLRS would've been more than enough.

Many weapons on vehicles are exactly the same too with 1:1 loadouts.

I can understand if there is some major reason for all that but saying there's no copy-paste is being in denial.

anyway ...

there is some valid critic (wish it was more of that and less ranting) and things and changes are coming but as there is certain 'no promises' policy

i can't promise ;) but i can grin and throw on you goodies {hint who remember me saying stuff coming}... :p

there is lot to fix, improve and deliver ...

Sadly "no promises" policy thus far seems to mean "you can forget about it"

The varity of vehicles and jets in A3 is not really big i think. But the sound are fucking shitty. When i fire with the AA it sound like my brother firing his softair. Nothing heavy in this one.

When you firing with an tank the barrel doesnt pull back from the recoil. I don´t think that this make any sense....