Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

No women at all

Greece has been all about male since the oldest time...

I believe it's the BIS tribute to ancient Greece :cool:

I've heard someone say(Take it with salt), that BIS' decision to not have women in the game has something to do with wanting to avoid conflicts about having women fighting in a video game.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Doesn't make any sense about why they would add women in Arma 2 though.

Hi guys,

I know that there was a thread about this in the past, but it was more oriented on the fact that people would like to have female soldier in the game. This thread will be different.

Would it possible to get at least a civilian woman unit? Modders could create a women package out of it.

I am asking because I am writing a mission as we speak, that may finally end up in a campaign, and while trying to have a strong story driven mission, it is really difficult to have a town that looks like a town with only dudes with hats walking around. I am not able to have a town that looks alive.

…and for even more … you have to twist the stories all the time to fit a specific role for a male unit, when at the beginning it was dedicated to a female.

I can understand that creating a female soldier would require a lot of work since most of the equipment would need to be resized, adjusted (at least a graphic level, plus more sound recording) … but is it too much to ask for few civilian female units?

Greece is all about male for now, and it gets old quite fast.

+1 agreed buddy. Don't even bother asking BIS, just post this in a mod request thread.

I think they have problems with a woman's animations.

Could also be the that they would have to make skins for all the gear you can wear on the male model currently.

Rename your guy to Susie, problem solved :P

Where'd you think all the furniture went? I tell you there are no women left on Altis.

Where'd you think all the furniture went? I tell you there are no women left on Altis.

ROFLLL ... no furniture and rich lawyers. I think you discovered the source of all this!

Atlis will become the biggest man cave ever.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

But seriously, is BIS made an official statement on this? Are we waiting for this or its a subject they keep in silence?

How about you keep yourself and your mom in silence?

There are very REASONABLE REASONS for no women in this game:

1. Female soldiers would double the animation work needed + all clothing items and the amount of work needed would require at least a dlc worth 25€ (I am not joking here, if you want quality extra content PAY FOR IT)

2. Girls dont play this game, no they dont. And one girl per 5000 dudes playing this still means NO GIRLS at all statistically.

So stop being assholes by making this some secret issue BI wants to keep under the rug. The only reason people want female players in arma3 is so they can run around with bikini underwear while wearing tactical gear on top of it.

how about you keep yourself and your mom in silence?

There are very reasonable reasons for no women in this game:

1. Female soldiers would double the animation work needed + all clothing items and the amount of work needed would require at least a dlc worth 25€ (i am not joking here, if you want quality extra content pay for it)

2. Girls dont play this game, no they dont. And one girl per 5000 dudes playing this still means no girls at all statistically.

So stop being assholes by making this some secret issue bi wants to keep under the rug. The only reason people want female players in arma3 is so they can run around with bikini underwear while wearing tactical gear on top of it.

is it that hard for you to understand that we want female civilians so it isnt some freak sausage fest?

This was an unexpected, surprising, and quite welcome encounter while leading a guerrilla raid on a Russian base in Elektrozavodsk (Freedom Fighters mission :mad:)

ce0257168050866.jpg

238dab167679861.jpg

32fa37167679867.jpg

The angry concubine of Colonel Aziz in my Assault on Shapur e-Dalanper mission

7c4952201449141.jpg

d26ff8201449137.jpg

An attractive civilian rescued from the Bukovina airport after an insurgent occupying force had been defeated (Northern Insurgency mission)

59e9c8217198877.jpg

The ravages of war, Pusta, Chernarus, Harvest Red campaign

92c401166094341.jpg

^ ^ I don't think it is humanly or technologically possible to make a better texture for a worn and soiled sweater!

Lady from corporate, Take On Helicopters. Can she be trusted?

ae3d46163839745.jpg

It would be great if such encounters will be possible on Altis and Stratis someday.

The only reason people want female players in arma3 is so they can run around with bikini underwear while wearing tactical gear on top of it.

Now there's an interesting concept! Wish I had thought of that. ArmA needs a little Lara Croft to spice things up. Spandex? ;)

Edited by OMAC

Someone post a derailed train pic, STAT!

Inb4thread=blackholeofstupid... too late.

is it that hard for you to understand that we want female civilians so it isnt some freak sausage fest?

Such is life in the zone*

*(the whole mp fps internet)

Such is life in the zone*

*(the whole mp fps internet)

except for each single game in this series until now. :p

while your spandex argument is intriguing i personally wouldn't find it great to have some limited females that can't operate weapons (like in the past) a deal breaker. the thing is, if you provide a huge realistic terrain but don't provide civilian population you end up with a dead game world. simple as that. just because BI seem to refuse to place a single civilian in their missions doesn't mean the main content contributer (the community) doesn't do so.

my theory is that the females we had (even the whole anim config was in the arma 3 files until recently) were another victim of BI's new ridiculous "if it can't be perfect we just cut it entirely"-policy. to me, like with many other issues, saying that "people" will still complain when it'S not fully fleshed out or perfect, is nonsense. some people are never happy. that's hardly a reason to remove everything from the game that doesn't meet their standards. arma is a military game. you could have females just as civilians with the old anims very easily by porting the skeleton like it was done with males. not doing so just because some people want fully functional female soldiers is idiotic.

arma is imperfection by definition. if you would cut it down to everything that works flawlessly you wouldn't be left with much game to play.

the whole "there are no females playing this game" argument is silly. this is not a RPG with custom avatar creation. it's about having a gameworld that somewhat resembles reality. if females aren't part of yours doesn't mean it's true for everyone else :p sure it's easier to argue by stretching everything to extremes all the time but it's also childish and not constructive.

for me the problem is not that the game doesn't function without it but rather that it would be easy to add it like it was added in the past and that it was removed. it doesn't have to be perfect at all. something is better than nothing. especially in game that calls itself a sandbox/platform.

except for each single game in this series until now. :p

while your spandex argument is intriguing i personally wouldn't find it great to have some limited females that can't operate weapons (like in the past) a deal breaker. the thing is, if you provide a huge realistic terrain but don't provide civilian population you end up with a dead game world. simple as that. just because BI seem to refuse to place a single civilian in their missions doesn't mean the main content contributer (the community) doesn't do so.

my theory is that the females we had (even the whole anim config was in the arma 3 files until recently) were another victim of BI's new ridiculous "if it can't be perfect we just cut it entirely"-policy. to me, like with many other issues, saying that "people" will still complain when it'S not fully fleshed out or perfect, is nonsense. some people are never happy. that's hardly a reason to remove everything from the game that doesn't meet their standards. arma is a military game. you could have females just as civilians with the old anims very easily by porting the skeleton like it was done with males. not doing so just because some people want fully functional female soldiers is idiotic.

arma is imperfection by definition. if you would cut it down to everything that works flawlessly you wouldn't be left with much game to play.

the whole "there are no females playing this game" argument is silly. this is not a RPG with custom avatar creation. it's about having a gameworld that somewhat resembles reality. if females aren't part of yours doesn't mean it's true for everyone else :p sure it's easier to argue by stretching everything to extremes all the time but it's also childish and not constructive.

for me the problem is not that the game doesn't function without it but rather that it would be easy to add it like it was added in the past and that it was removed. it doesn't have to be perfect at all. something is better than nothing. especially in game that calls itself a sandbox/platform.

The game uses Israeli vehicles. The Israeli army has women in it. It's all the backwards Americans (not all but some people) arguing women can't serve beside men in conflicts. It's ridiculous to think a militery wouldn't want to have access to double the size of their army.

This is what I read when I read most comments complaining about no women.

I feel like I could have said this very same thing. 'Cept I don't think I could ever say it outside of an extremely sarcastic context.

Is your masculinity really so affronted by men with guns that you can only think of a game as a "freak sausage fest" when there aren't a few scantily clad girls running around?

I have a better question why is the scale off in the game? Humans are so large and vehicles are so small.

I have a better question why is the scale off in the game? Humans are so large and vehicles are so small.

No, the scale isn't off. Ok, EVERY soldier is a gargantuan ~2m tall, but every vehicle is about right. The problem with "scale" is that you look at the world through a wide angle lens by default, which distorts the perspective on everything.

This "the scale is off" has been commented on in every game, and I can tell you that from OFP through to OA (I've not looked at any A3 models yet) the size of vehicles was 98% correct (we're talking off by a few cm here and there). I can't imagine they will have gone all squiffy with the sizing after so much time getting it right...

+1. It's a shame they went down the path of A2 on that one. Using the mils in binos was a matter of having to go through every available vehicle out there with both mils binos and rangefinders to establish the in game measurements of vehicles, because the IRL measurements were far off.

Perhaps you should ask this better question in a better place?

Please cease the thread derailment, thank you.

The game uses Israeli vehicles. The Israeli army has women in it. It's all the backwards Americans (not all but some people) arguing women can't serve beside men in conflicts. It's ridiculous to think a militery wouldn't want to have access to double the size of their army.

that's what i mean though. by arguing for something that won't happen for the simple reason that it's a shitload of work (doing all stances and all clothes again) for a team that can't even get the campaign done in time you will achieve nothing. i think BI don't really care about these political discussions here. want matters for them is the extra workload. that said. i wanted to see armed females from the start. not per say soldiers but at least the ability to use weapons. and seeing it happen in dayZ and i think CWR (with help of BI) but never get added to the whole game, eventhough it's in a frikkin mod for it, was annoying. and seeing that AiA can make old stuff work makes it painfully obvious how possible it would be to add some females with some limited abilities (give us the dayZ one ffs so we can use it as a mod base).

but yea i'd rather have something than nothing. meaning. czech hookers and grannies reskinned to greek ones is better to me than having only weirdly clothed dudes as civs. wanting it all will only make them think that their attitude of removing stuff that isn't fully fleshed out is justified eventhough it's balls.

Perhaps you should ask this better question in a better place?

Please cease the thread derailment, thank you.

It was a joke to keep this thread from turning into a flame fest lighten up?

that's what i mean though. by arguing for something that won't happen for the simple reason that it's a shitload of work (doing all stances and all clothes again) for a team that can't even get the campaign done in time you will achieve nothing. i think BI don't really care about these political discussions here. want matters for them is the extra workload. that said. i wanted to see armed females from the start. not per say soldiers but at least the ability to use weapons. and seeing it happen in dayZ and i think CWR (with help of BI) but never get added to the whole game, eventhough it's in a frikkin mod for it, was annoying. and seeing that AiA can make old stuff work makes it painfully obvious how possible it would be to add some females with some limited abilities (give us the dayZ one ffs so we can use it as a mod base).

I agree with you it is an incredible amount of work to add females to the game. The issue I see is why is this being looked at as an after thought? Most creative circles would have made provisions to allow this to work from the start. Like you said its not that much different from ARMA 2 we have proven that most things can be ported surely the guys with the actual SDK and tools to use more high end programs could do it.

Edited by PN11A