Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

No women at all

I've played with the female models in DayZ and there were no issues at all.

@Deadfast,if that takes lots of work it wouldn't be easier to just port the women civs from A2(their animations,skeleton and so on) and upgrade them a bit to be able to drive and use weapons?

It would certainly be easier to do that, the question is how difficult would be to set up the old skeleton with the new clothing system (because we certainly don't want the exact same clothing). Then there is also an issue with the fact that "upgrading them a bit to use weapons" means producing more than 4 times as many animations as there currently are (new sets for rifle, pistol, launcher and binoculars).

I've played with the female models in DayZ and there were no issues at all.

DayZ also has some nice new limping animations for characters hit in the leg. I wonder why BIS doesn't use the synergy potential that lies there...

It would certainly be easier to do that, the question is how difficult would be to set up the old skeleton with the new clothing system (because we certainly don't want the exact same clothing). Then there is also an issue with the fact that "upgrading them a bit to use weapons" means producing more than 4 times as many animations as there currently are (new sets for rifle, pistol, launcher and binoculars).

They could start with civilian models first and prohibit equipping military equip. I'd be fine with normal civilians like in ArmA2. But not a complete lack of any models like we have now.

Edited by Icewindo

Looks fine to me:

While it may look fine to your expert eyes, I can assure you there is a quantity of work so big you are overlooking that it would make your head spin.

DayZ's hacks aside, doing things properly (because we all know you'd be first on the "BI are lazy" bandwagon if it wasnt done properly) takes a LOT of time and effort.

While it may look fine to your expert eyes, I can assure you there is a quantity of work so big you are overlooking that it would make your head spin.

DayZ's hacks aside, doing things properly (because we all know you'd be first on the "BI are lazy" bandwagon if it wasnt done properly) takes a LOT of time and effort.

Sure, for soldier animations the anims couldn't be ported directly without adding new anims as they would be missing the new stances and combat pace anims. But the unarmed anims are "material" and so are the ArmA2 anims. No magic involved in using these anims for a A3 female civilian.

Gotta love how you contradict yourself,if the thread is useless then this doesn't make your reply I dunno...kinda useless too?

@Deadfast,if that takes lots of work it wouldn't be easier to just port the women civs from A2(their animations,skeleton and so on) and upgrade them a bit to be able to drive and use weapons?

How is asking people to stop asking for irrelevant stuff until the important work is done useless? Just because it's posted in a useless thread? As long as certain people read and understand, it's totally not useless. And I hope at least some will.

If people stop asking for less important stuff, it's easier for the devs to recognize more important reports.

edit: Oh and good job reporting my message. As I'm not breaking any rules it's again wasted time for someone who could meanwhile watch out for important issues being reported and proceed them to the devs.

Edited by pils

I actually didn't reported your message,pm the mods if you don't believe me.Regarding your last post,let me clue you in,people ask for what they want in their favourite game and it's BI decision to say yes or no to those requests.I've tried to explain that some us could easily find uses for women civs especially if they can drive/shoot.

For you it's not important stuff which I have to repeat again it's fine by me,but suddenly you somehow decided for everyone(including BI) which stuff is important and which isn't.Hate to burst your bubble but you're just a regular user like me and nothing more.You seem to have quite a bad opinion of the devs if they wouldn't be able to "recognize more important reports" because of a thread about women.This says more about your line of logic.

Also the issues you wrote about are already reported in multiple threads,it's not my fault you can't find/spot them.

@DM,glad you noticed my expert eyes,but I still have a long way expertly defending BI in 99,9% of threads about A3 issues.Guess appreciate them for good stuff but pointing out the problems it's something you frown on(and no this isn't actually about the women).

Also not sure to whom are you referring with "because we all know you'd be first on the "BI are lazy" bandwagon".Who's this "you"?I hope you weren't referring to me because I have to refresh your memory that I was actually ok if Dayz or even upgraded A2 women were brought to A3.

It's also worth pointing out that BIS most likely employ character artists to do this sort of stuff...

asking them to fix balancing issues, ballistics, etc... rather than people with expertise in those areas, could be a recipe for disaster.

Everyone doesn't all stop working to add one feature at a time you know... "this thing is more important" is a pointless argument.

Sigh .. I shouldn't discuss about this and rather play Arma instead, so I just add a short post:

Afaik there are only about 30 people working in the headquarter in total. So I guess with such a small dev team at least a part of them has to care about several issues at once and I'm sure at least some devs would be occupied with that women thing who otherwise would work on more important stuff. And if it's only the QA department.

Krycek I don't know why you even bother to reply to my undirected initial post. But somehow you tend to read stuff into my posts which I've never said.

I don't decide anything. I said in my opinion women model are irrelevant atm and indirectly asked people to stop asking for irrelevant stuff at this point. In my opinion women models are irrelevant, I never said everybody has to feel the same. But in my opinion classifying women models as irrelevant is pretty much just a rational assumption when considering that there are major issues with the very basic mechanisms of the game in which those women models should get implemented.

And if the majority of the customers would ask for irrelevant stuff instead of complaining about bugs, the devs would probably care about those things first, assuming we're satisfied with the overall game.

Why fix a broken exhaust when the customer doesn't care about that and just wants you to get him some new rims?

How is asking people to stop asking for irrelevant stuff until the important work is done useless? Just because it's posted in a useless thread? As long as certain people read and understand, it's totally not useless. And I hope at least some will.

If people stop asking for less important stuff, it's easier for the devs to recognize more important reports.

edit: Oh and good job reporting my message. As I'm not breaking any rules it's again wasted time for someone who could meanwhile watch out for important issues being reported and proceed them to the devs.

You are continously derailing the thread and have showed no interest in the topic ("useless thread"). People have been given warnings for lesser actions in the past.

If you think BIS is not clever enough to filter issues for their own business interests and have a priority map of their own, you're at quite a loss.

edit:

I stand corrected. Your latest answer is kinda a step in the opposite direction though.

Edited by Icewindo

BIS could always ask the DayZ devs.

This is a fantastic idea! They could send the ArmA III developer to the DayZ team for increasing his experience!

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to start with civilian models with their own animations, and a voice or two, perhaps MAKE animations for weapons and the like, but to start don't give them weapon slots. Then, the community will give them weapon slots, probably, and BIS would sort of indirectly avoid the topic since the community would technically be the ones who made it usable.

I've been playing in the dev branch for a few moments, and noticed a certain lack of one gender.

Well given that there are only two genders......

I'm sure they'll be releasing them eventually, especially with all the feedback about the lack of females.....when though is anyone's guess. Unless the mod community jumps on it we don't have much choice but to sit and wait.

It's too bad that BIS and Rockstar didn't team up, I would love to see populated areas with civilian AI that move and respond like they do in GTA 5, not to mention the varity of character models. I'm sure something like that would completely devour memory and processing power though...and probably my money too.

Hello

No need of civilians, but lack of military women is just strange for me. I hope they correct this.

Bye

Do "women trapped in mens' bodies" count? In that case, there are women.

Folks lets not turn this into a miniature clone of THAT ticket on the feedback tracker.

Hi guys,

I know that there was a thread about this in the past, but it was more oriented on the fact that people would like to have female soldier in the game. This thread will be different.

Would it possible to get at least a civilian woman unit? Modders could create a women package out of it.

I am asking because I am writing a mission as we speak, that may finally end up in a campaign, and while trying to have a strong story driven mission, it is really difficult to have a town that looks like a town with only dudes with hats walking around. I am not able to have a town that looks alive.

…and for even more … you have to twist the stories all the time to fit a specific role for a male unit, when at the beginning it was dedicated to a female.

I can understand that creating a female soldier would require a lot of work since most of the equipment would need to be resized, adjusted (at least a graphic level, plus more sound recording) … but is it too much to ask for few civilian female units?

Greece is all about male for now, and it gets old quite fast.