Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

No women at all

ArmA1 didn't have any women, and we survived just fine!

It feels kinda awkward to have a civil war setting in a westernized country and no women to pickup a gun for FIA. Not to count the lack of civilian models for mission diversity.

legislator;2508820']if bis would include women' date=' they don't have to fix the bad ai driving skills .... Oh wow ... That was nasty :cc:[/quote']

lmao.

Legislator;2508820']If BIS would include women' date=' they don't have to fix the bad AI driving skills .... oh wow ... that was nasty :cc:[/quote']

You do not get an infraction for that? But I got one for my female joke? That's a joke...

Is women in the game REALLY that important? Its a game about war, its not like we're supposed to stare at our enemies. Its not a game about gender wars or whatever, its just a game we can play as a soldier...

They were in A2 as ambience(you know when you drive in a town and not feel like you're in Innsmouth).If ambience is not your thing BI could upgrade them a bit and make them use small arms or drive vehicles.Thing is some of us can have some diversity in scenarios than making classic "war" missions.That's why in A2 you saw mods like civ vehicles or a whole mod dedicated to emergency branch with ambulances,cop cars and so on.Or maybe pmc mods,zombies,or that SW mod and I could continue.....point is not everyone wants to play everytime those "war scenarios".For you this game might be only "play as a soldier" which is totally fine by me,for me it could mean lots of things when I'm toying with the editor.

Going by your logic I don't use the hatchbacks in game so BI shouldn't had bothered with them.I also find the underwater quite pointless and waste of resources,for example they could have made some destroyers not dilly-donging around in those mini-subs and look in awe at underwater rocks,so yeah that should have been cut too.

Also I'm aware this isn't the biggest problem in-game right now but guess what,there are crapload of other threads about the A3 issues or c/p content which I'm also interested in.This thread is about no women in A3.

Believe me you or others throwing gems like "yeah I don't care about women in A3" aren't bringing too much to the discussion.At least that guy DM had some points regarding this whole deal.

You do not get an infraction for that? But I got one for my female joke? That's a joke...

Relax ;) It's wasn't meant to harm someone in any way. I like BIS and women, can't live without anyone of them.

Anyway, I have no doubt those models will be included later on. After all, every ArmA game had women so far. It's up to the fantasy of the mission designer to use them properly.

Legislator;2508960'] After all' date=' every ArmA game had women so far. It's up to the fantasy of the mission designer to use them properly.[/quote']

With the exception of A1,salamy bonanza there and one of the reasons I don't take vacation offers to Sahrani.:biggrin:

I'm not including that freak reporter,when you said it was from The Thing you've been spot on.

I wonder if they'll be combat ready and able to use the gear we have now or some designed just for them because weighting.

Legislator;2508960']Relax ;) It's wasn't meant to harm someone in any way. I like BIS and women' date=' can't live without anyone of them.

[/quote']

Mine wasn't meant to harm anyone too but we're de-railing this topic. Let's get btt.

In my opinion there is no need for female models.

I do not understand the opposition towards female soldiers (and especially female civilians) in this game. If women are able to serve in the military today, why in 2035 will they all somehow have been kicked out? Women are increasingly being allowed into front line combat roles today, so why would this trend stop by 2035? Not to mention, there are female pilots in various air forces, so why not have a female pilot model?

Unless the opposition to this is just pure sexism, I do not really understand. I do not want this merely so I can have an "avatar" of my own gender, but rather it would just make the game more realistic. And I am sure realism is something we can all get behind.

Yes women are increasingly beeing allowed to join, but aother fact is that after a rush in because it was new we now see a fatal drop put of women from the military...being in a constant "war against everything" does not help to make it more attractive for women since most of tem definatly peek for a desk job.

Dont know about "muerica" but at least in my army that's simply the case and the drop out rate in the first 3 months is 70% with women.

Because of that anything more than 3 women in 100 troops would be overrepresentation and maybe BIS just thought that's simply not worth the work.

Oh dear. I couldn't care less about missing women models.

This is cosmetic and they may care about it maybe in a few months or coming in an addon or something.

Arma 3 needs fixes on it's very basis. Physics, ballistics, sounds, balancing, stability ...

Don't distract them with irrelevant stuff please.

Oh dear. I couldn't care less about missing women models.

This is cosmetic and they may care about it maybe in a few months or coming in an addon or something.

Arma 3 needs fixes on it's very basis. Physics, ballistics, sounds, balancing, stability ...

Don't distract them with irrelevant stuff please.

FPDR

Page 8,my last post there:

"Also I'm aware this isn't the biggest problem in-game right now but guess what,there are crapload of other threads about the A3 issues or c/p content which I'm also interested in.This thread is about no women in A3."

Why aren't you posting in the relevant threads about the physics,ballistics and yada yada?Will somehow devs find the stability and ballistics issues in a thread called "No women at all"?

FPDR

Page 8,my last post there:

"Also I'm aware this isn't the biggest problem in-game right now but guess what,there are crapload of other threads about the A3 issues or c/p content which I'm also interested in.This thread is about no women in A3."

Why aren't you posting in the relevant threads about the physics,ballistics and yada yada?Will somehow devs find the stability and ballistics issues in a thread called "No women at all"?

It was a statement to the whole topic and not to you. So why would I care about some statement of you on page xy? Do you think I read all of that whole useless thread? Did I quote you in my first statement?

I created tickets about relevant stuff and will post in the threads. And I will post in the irrelevant threads my opinion if I think they're irrelevant. E.g. like in this case to stop begging for irrelevant content as long as the basis needs fixes. If a lot of people beg for irrelevant stuff, the devs actually may get distracted, I'm serious about that.

There are little more than 2000 animations in anims_f.pbo - few of them are for animals, but thats really small number compared to the human anims.

Making woman anims means, that you would have to make almost 2000 new animations - and yes, that is difficult because its LOT of work.

Let's hope they will get made one day.

Lot of work? They use motion capture, it is a matter of recording the moves.

Is women in the game REALLY that important? Its a game about war, its not like we're supposed to stare at our enemies. Its not a game about gender wars or whatever, its just a game we can play as a soldier...

If you get killed staring at them then that is your failing.

I love the very mature response this very mature community always has when the concept of women are brought up.

Women shouldn't be in games! We play games to escape reality, why would I want to shoot a woman in a game!

I do it in real life enough or I just want to be away from these foul creatures, what right do they have to be in ANY game!

Women running around in underwear is so offensive! Think of the children! Stripping the female character down to her skivvies any worse than stripping the male!

Guys in underwear is fine but women aren't despite the underwear appearing as though it were more or less a two piece swim suit!

How about them kitchen jokes amiright, amright? lol lol so funny.

If there are any female characters then they shouldn't be able to do squat, cause you know, having them actually be able to handle weaponry and vehicles is going to make people abuse them SO MUCH MORE! Don't you fools get it?!

What about all those nerds and geeks that just have a hardon to see them ingame right bro? I mean they should get some testosterone and get laid, what possible logic is there in having an asset that mirrors another perfectly but doesn't perform the same thus being a waste of time? They are just wierdos that need to get out more because they want to jerk off to polygons.?

FPDR

Anywho

Eh, exactly what is "female animations"?

Most likely alterations to effect changes in how the female and male body moves. Hip sway for example, animations more tethered to an altered body shape that would otherwise cause distortion and warping of the mesh which would possibly suggest a modified skeleton as well.

Edited by NodUnit

It's not that simple. Somebody then also has to take that raw data, clean it up, modify it so it loops correctly, export it to the game's native format, set up all the animation transitions and action maps (no small feat, trust me).

Well, maybe there was no women available yet who could provide those animations :p Who knows.

It was a statement to the whole topic and not to you. So why would I care about some statement of you on page xy? Do you think I read all of that whole useless thread? Did I quote you in my first statement?

I created tickets about relevant stuff and will post in the threads. And I will post in the irrelevant threads my opinion if I think they're irrelevant. E.g. like in this case to stop begging for irrelevant content as long as the basis needs fixes. If a lot of people beg for irrelevant stuff, the devs actually may get distracted, I'm serious about that.

Gotta love how you contradict yourself,if the thread is useless then this doesn't make your reply I dunno...kinda useless too?

@Deadfast,if that takes lots of work it wouldn't be easier to just port the women civs from A2(their animations,skeleton and so on) and upgrade them a bit to be able to drive and use weapons?

@Deadfast,if that takes lots of work it wouldn't be easier to just port the women civs from A2(their animations,skeleton and so on) and upgrade them a bit to be able to drive and use weapons?

Ho, nonononono... bad idea, man. Bad idea.

Ho, nonononono... bad idea, man. Bad idea.
Most A2 women can already drive most civil vehicles and the DayZ team got one OA model fully working without wonky animations.

It's not that simple. Somebody then also has to take that raw data, clean it up, modify it so it loops correctly, export it to the game's native format, set up all the animation transitions and action maps (no small feat, trust me).

BIS could always ask the DayZ devs. Somewhere I've heard the rumour that they have female characters... they could even leave out the weapon anims for less work (so no stances required) and we would have good unarmed anims for civilian models.

As for the work, been there, done that (for ArmA2). I myself adapted a RTM set created by somebody with OFPAnim to the ArmA2 standard. Added the new configMoves entry, the new skeleton, the gestures and replaced animations in over 10.000 lines of code. It works. I figure the devs would have proper tools to ease the process, but it's very doable on your own.