Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

To start with a black screen that fades out slowly

I've done some looking around but couldn't find anything useful, just a load of bug reports which is not what I am looking for.

Anyway, so what I wanted to do was to start the mission off with a black screen with text that slowly fades out after about 10 seconds. I can use a trigger to get this effect, only it takes a second to boot up it, during which time the player can see his surroundings and is then blinded by the effect. When it is done the effect disappears without fading. I want to get rid of that second of time where the player can see normally, and start out with the black screen with text, which slowly fades out after about 10 seconds of reading time. I suppose I would have to do this through the init.sqf, but what would I need to put there to make this happen?

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];
[] Spawn {

titleText ["This line here should take you about five seconds to read.","PLAIN DOWN"]; 
titleFadeOut 7;
sleep 5;

titleText ["This line should take five seconds as well, if you read slowly.","PLAIN"];
titleFadeOut 7;
sleep 5;

titleText ["This line however is important.  It should take you ten seconds to read it.  That's how much time you have to read this line completely.","PLAIN DOWN"];
titleFadeOut 12;
sleep 10;

titleText ["You don't have as much time with this line, but it is still quite lengthy and ever so informative.","PLAIN"];
titleFadeOut 9;
sleep 7;

titleText ["But this line.\n\nThis line will make you pause.  This line will give you time to...\n\nthink.","PLAIN"];
titleFadeOut 12;
sleep 10;

// Info text
[str ("Not so far away..."), str("Not so long ago..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 3;
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;     
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];  
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;  

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];
};

• Thanks 2

The letters in "titleText" are hard to read becuase of the size and the text font.

Is there a way to use a different text font or at least bigger letters?

Edited by Radioshack.

Use BIS_fnc_typeText?

[
   [["CAMP ROGAIN,","<t align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='PuristaBold'>%1</t><br/>"],
   ["RESSUPLY POINT","<t align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7'>%1</t><br/>
"],
   ["10 MINUTES LATER ...","<t align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '1.0'>%1</t><br/>
"]],

0,0,"<t color='#FFFFFFFF' align='center'>%1</t>"
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText;

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Sounds nice, but how do I implement it in the script above?

cutText ["","BLACK FADED"];

[
[["This Space is Available for Advertising....","<t align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '1.0'>%1</t><br/>"],
["Poke if interested!","<t align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7'>%1</t><br/>"]]
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText;

titleFadeOut 1;

Paste into debug console for a demo. If you find it's running too early in the init.sqf put a check above it but it should be at the very end of the init.sqf or everything else will be delayed:

waitUntil {alive player && isplayer player};

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Usng Ky's example... Text is all there, initial black is not... then the blur kicks in and fades.

Used to be in A2 that you had to place a functions module. Dont see that in the A3 modules. What am I screwing up?

its a script screwing it up... Grrrr. Forget which. I just made my init be the intro and it worked. As I enabled other scripts, intro failed.