Sign in to follow this  
hawkwei

Are there going to be more guns in final release?

You're wrong: the Mk 20 is used by an "in-power government" (AAF) while it's the TRG series that's used by a paramilitary/rebel force.

The US Military doesn't have variety when it comes to the soldiers weapons.

This game represents that, perfectly. You have your main assault rifle, and the one and a few squad machine guns and long range rifles.

This isn't COD. More weapons will come with DLC, free content packs, and mods.

As of now, Arma 3 lacks quite a few equivalents to the widely-used weapons in the US Army or the USMC.

GPMG (M240), light sniper rifles (M24/M40), 60mm mortars, shotguns, "Assault Weapon" (SMAW), to name a few.

Also, IIRC, M27 IAR are not going to completely replace M249 in the USMC, let alone the Army, so that one (Automatic Rifle that are not just regular rifles with bipods and higher-capacity mags) counts in my book, too.

And why did Bohemia remove the AK-47??? This gun will be around in 2030 for sure, because A) Its the most widespread weapon ever made, and B) Some weapons are just so perfectly constructed there is no need to replace them. Take the MG-42 for example. Some people see it as the pinnacle of heavy Machineguns, and its still used today.

I do believe that it wasn't the ak-47 that was removed/cancelled.

I think it was the AK-107 or something (I know, barely any difference)

The limited number of weapons and fictional names, compared to Arma 2 may have to do with this?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127071-Politician-Asks-Game-Makers-to-End-Real-Life-Gun-Licensing

Not at all. BIS is in the Czech republic. What you said only applies to the usa. Then again, most people are too stupid to realize that games have VERY little to do with actual violence and crimes... A scape goat has to be made for everything sadly....

Onto the weapon thing, I really hope they make more weapons.... I love the modular design arma has made, but I really wish they would add in the weapons from arma 2....

because of technical issue, same as all other removed issues. this engine is starting to annoy me with how old and piss poor it is.

that makes no sense at all and a technical problem was probably not the reason why there are no shotguns.

iirc if im not totally mistaken i think i saw a weapons list in arma3.com with the guns we have now + a revolver and a shotgun I think. Looks like those have been cut for the time being for whatever reason.

I do believe that it wasn't the ak-47 that was removed/cancelled.

I think it was the AK-107 or something (I know, barely any difference)

i havent seen anything official about aks being in the game since the first alpha version.

also gun nerds will likely disagree with your ak comments

edit: When the full launch release weapons list you get among other things when you click the launch date timer in arma3.com was still a text list and not an interactive flash scrollmenu with pictures and such i'm pretty sure there were a revolver and a shotgun listed. It's been updated out if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Helari

Found out that there were three shotguns that got cancelled:

Bulldog (KSG), AA-12 and Benelli.

Found it out via tactical guide made by BI or dyslexic.

Found out that there were three shotguns that got cancelled:

Bulldog (KSG), AA-12 and Benelli.

Found it out via tactical guide made by BI or dyslexic.

Been known for a while.

There is a virus on the forums that looks to be called Infractions... mostly everyone has it now.

There is a virus on the forums that looks to be called Infractions... mostly everyone has it now.

Guess why..

Well, no one knew that there was an AA-12 on that game. I just added a note what the KSG was called before it got removed.

Well, no one knew that there was an AA-12 on that game. I just added a note what the KSG was called before it got removed.

No, that was all still known.

I don't get it. When they first announced the alpha they posted that there will be at least 40 weapons/or more than 40 when the full release. It isn't even close to 40 :/

I don't get it. When they first announced the alpha they posted that there will be at least 40 weapons/or more than 40 when the full release. It isn't even close to 40 :/

They announced a lot of things. Like the rail gun tank.

Two new weapons confirmed:

Work on post-release (free) content progresses nicely. It's looking likely we'll include new heavy pistols and a CSAT marksman rifle (with new marksman optics) with the first campaign episode. Content for the other episodes is in development. The two CAS airplanes are mostly finished in terms of their most detailed artwork Level Of Detail (LOD)