Sign in to follow this  
fujix

Blur effects in Arma 3

Recently came back to Arma 3 beta after they removed the blur effect from fatigue. I was glad that BIS listened to the people that were experiencing problems with this effect, and that I would be able to play this game again without my eyes starting to hurt. Well that is, until I get shot.

Again this is becoming a problem. When wounded, screen will start pulsating and a blur effect will kick in. After only a couple of minutes my eyes start to react to the blur. This ruins my experience completely and Im sure there are others out there that have the same problem.

Now, I would ask BIS to please remove all forced blur effects as they are a problem for some. Instead of graphical effects I suggest gameplay penalties, like the ones Arma 2 had. Shot in the arm? Your aim gets worse. Shot in the leg? Cant walk. Etc etc.

Imo graphical effects are bad for two reasons. First, they dont really add a penalty. They are an annoyance where the player can just ignore them and continue playing normal. Second, they cause physical discomfort/problems for certain players.

Now, people will come in here and say all sorts of thing like:

Dont get shot.

Have a medic patch you up.

Its realistic.

You just want to dumb it down.

But I LIEK BLURRRRR!!!111

Go back to Cod and god knows what else.

First, depending on mission and situation a medic will not always be available close by or even at all. So if I get shot I dont want to be forced to close the game because my eyes are hurting.

As far as realism goes I have no idea. Never been shot, BUT this is after all a game and we shouldnt get punished IRL for playing it.

Now I dont want to remove the effect for the people that enjoy it. But please make all blur effects optional for us that have problems.

I may be wrong, but couldn't you just set the "radial blur" post-processing effect to zero?

I've haven't tried it myself, because I LIEK BLURRRRR, lol :D

Blur should be an option, like in all other games. Both in menu background and in wounded effects. Is just annoying as hell...

I hate the blurring myself in wounding but I don't think they should just remove it so what alternatives are there? Maybe instead of blurring make it really dim or fade from black to dim instead of an actual blur?

Mods are not a solution since most servers dont allow mods.