Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

[SP] Revenge (A3)!

11dbiut.png

Well, I have been getting into mission making quite a bit in this new game by Bohemia Interactive. My first endaevor was to recreate one of my favorite missions from Operation Flashpoint that is often looked over.. Revenge! If you're a vet of the series and have played the original mission this one plays out very similar to the original, with some changes of course. I hope you all enjoy! This is my first mission on ArmA III, but not the last!

I've included a direct download link and a steamworkshop link for those interested.

Thanks again!

SP Revenge! v1.1 - Steam Workshop

SP Revenge! v1.1 - Dropbox

Revenge! v1.1 - Armaholic

Update v1.1:

- Changed player faction to CSAT.

- Changed enemy faction to FIA.

- Added autosaves.

- Increased difficulty.

Special Thanks:

kylania - for answering all my questions on the new updated scripts for A3

Det-7 - for testing and feedback

BIS - for the original mission and sounds

Edited by Binkowski

Coming from you I will surely try it!

No doubt! Glad to see ya making missions and I loved Revenge in OFP.

Thanks man, glad to see you're still around.

Thanks everyone, I'll be updating the mission this evening with some changes.

Updated to version 1.1! Check first post for changelog.

I gave this one a spin but just couldn't run it. The performance degradation by the time I got out of the APC took me from 50 fps down to about 14 fps. I'm not really sure if there's anything you can do from a mission maker standpoint, I think it's just the game.

I gave this one a spin but just couldn't run it. The performance degradation by the time I got out of the APC took me from 50 fps down to about 14 fps. I'm not really sure if there's anything you can do from a mission maker standpoint, I think it's just the game.

Sadly, it's the state of the game right now. Some people are reporting this problem and others aren't... I never had the issue. Will have to wait for either release or a few months after release when performance issues get fixed.

Sadly, it's the state of the game right now. Some people are reporting this problem and others aren't... I never had the issue. Will have to wait for either release or a few months after release when performance issues get fixed.

There are a lot of things you can do from a mission makers point of view, especially in SP. What about caching the units until they are needed, running a clean up script etc, etc...

@ Windies, what exactly do you think the problem is?

I'll try this mission tonight and post back.

Not having a go by the way gents.

Thanks Bink, great flashback :)

Sadly, team bravo remained indifferent for my order to attack. Just stood there.

Thanks Bink, great flashback :)

Sadly, team bravo remained indifferent for my order to attack. Just stood there.

I did not experience this when I completed the mission.

There are a lot of things you can do from a mission makers point of view, especially in SP. What about caching the units until they are needed, running a clean up script etc, etc...

@ Windies, what exactly do you think the problem is?

I'll try this mission tonight and post back.

Not having a go by the way gents.

It's the AI and it always generally is. Whats the difference between me spawning in right where the APC drops unloads me with an empty map, and a the same area populated with AI? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Also I didn't even kill anyone during his mission, the performance was too bad and it was so jerky I couldn't even aim. Again not a shot at his mission because I don't see anything abnormal about it, there's not an insane amount of units or anything and I can't speak for what scripting he has done but I don't see any reason why it would be heavily scripted for an SP mission.

I'm pretty sure he spawned units as needed though because the performance regression didn't start until we got to the target area and it started all at once. I went from 45 fps down to 10 fps just from the AI.

Played this one with the excellent TPW mods available here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22592

I have to say that this mod suite saved me from giving up ArmA3 due to the OPFOR's "eat up half a clip and then turn on a dime and first-shot-kill ability".

On with the mission: A perfect example of a SP mission. The scenario was simple and believeable, the voice acting and music brought home sweet memories of OFP and the enemy numbers were just right. Cutting corners kept me on the edge of my seat without enemy hordes swarming upon me and making the mission unnecessarily frustrating. A real gem of mission making and I will be on the lookout for more of your work.