Sign in to follow this  
riouken

[WIP] cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker

[WIP] cTab - Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker

Here is my latest addon that I would like to share a preview with everyone.

Thanks to:

SpectreRSG - Graphic Design

Capt Drumheller / Jester814 - Technical advisor / Ideas / Media

LCpl C. Johnston - Technical advisor

LCpl Schwanke - Technical advisor

Everyone else in the 15th MEU SOC for help with support and testing.

Features ingame now:

• Commander's tablet
  • Working FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker system
  • User placed makers
  • Tracks all crewed Bluefor vehicles
  • Tracks any dismounted troops with the proper equipment.
  • User placed markers / Salute reports etc...
  • Android Based BFT Interface
  • Commanders Tablet can view live UAV streams
  • Commanders Tablet can view live helmet cam streams

Features planned/coming soon:

• Vehicle mounted Interface FBCB2, Blue Force Tracking
  • Direct Text Messages

Possible future features:

• Free Drawing in FBCB2 system
  • User defined names/naming in the GUI
  • Mission Planning elements in the FBCB2 screen

Media:

UGx7zCjSkjv1g

ir43.th.jpg

h2je.th.jpg

jdzc.th.jpg

irne.th.jpg

gdjr.th.jpg

Edited by Riouken

VERY nice indeed mate. Looking forward to seeing where you can take the digital battlefield. Perhaps being able to call medics, repair and refuel facilities ?

This is awesome! Can't wait for this. Just might be using this for my addons (units using your addon) when it's released, with your permission of course.

This is just so welcomed to the whole scenario of Arma. Some way to easily keep track of stuff from a "realistic" perspective. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Ill try and keep this thread updated as I move along on this project.

Dammit, you beat me to it. I had this idea last month, I was gonna call it the CMOS (Commander Mobile Observation Station) where a commander could step into a mobile surveillance vehicle and view everything on a monitor or just use a tablet.

One feature that I really wanted to include in the CMOS was the ability to tap into a friendly's live feed from their helmet cam (only other commanders have helmet cams) and assess the situation that way.

Anyway, looks cool - downloading now.

Edit: Just saw your planned features :P

Awesome project

I could see using this same idea to create a 'working' radar by assigning symbology to detected aircraft on the map, and assigning track numbers.

Incredible, I've been working on the similar thing for PO3 as a Network Centric Warfare Link System using the AMREL interfaces. This however as an add-on with gear items is a better development. Definitely looking forward to this. Well done Guys!

This looks great. It will really come in handy for our command during operations. Cant wait until release!

I have some updates for everyone.

I have been working hard to get things completed, keep in mind this is Still WIP and some things may change slightly with the mod, it still needs some polish.

Changes:

Features ingame now:

-Commander's tablet

-Working FBCB2, Bluforce Tracker system

-User placed makers

-Android Based BFT

-Commanders Tablet can view live UAV streams

-Commanders Tablet can view live helmet cam streams

Features planned/coming soon:

-Vehicle mounted FBCB2, Blue Force Tracking

-Direct Text Messages

ir43.th.jpg

h2je.th.jpg

jdzc.th.jpg

irne.th.jpg

gdjr.th.jpg

Edited by Riouken

I also cant wait to try this out, especially with live feeds, Could this be available for Opfor eventually?

I also cant wait to try this out, especially with live feeds, Could this be available for Opfor eventually?

Possibly eventually, but not with the initial release or for a while after. It's specifically built from the ground up for BluForce.

Edited by MacScottie

Eventually, but not with the initial release or for a while after.

Good to hear, Thanks.

That's really good, I would love to use this on my tablet lol.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

Good to hear, Thanks.

Sorry I spoke out of turn. I should have said "possibly eventually". It's not my mod. My involvement in it is/was conception, advisor, and input. I'm not actually making it so I cannot promise features, that's deeply unfair to Riouken. Making it operable by opfor has been discussed as a post-release feature, but it's not a definite.

Thanks for everyones feed back. MacScottie is right, What I am planning right now is to have a configurable option to which side you could use this with, it will default to use with Nato, but you can set it up at the beginning of a mission to use it with Redfor. After setting this Redfor would be treated as blueflor by the tablet.So it will be one side or the other can use the tablet. I hope to have this in at or just after I release. Hopefully Im explaining that well...

Also I have had a few questions about the display text for each icon. It shows the groupID of the unit(s) and you can change that at mission start on the fly to anything you want with setGroupId .

Riouken great one! Will it be possible that 2 persons can use a tablet each? Cause they would share the same information. The connect to a drone wont work as far as i know right? Would be good for Coop Missions with 50+ people so a commander and his assistant can work with it. Btw. can you make it more touch friendly so it looks like a real tablet app? :P

Would be cool to see a real Win8 App. Is it possible to grap some data from the server/client for another pc/tablet for things like that? :)

Yes , as many people (On one Side) as you want to give the tablet to can have access at the same time. It works in MP, someone else can be piloting the drone while you view the video. It was designed with this specifically in mind, as the 15th has uav operators and I made this so the commander can link in and have a look at what that UAV operator is seeing. We are just now starting the closed beta with large scale MP testing , but I have not run into many problems with the mod on that front.

Great to hear. Another idea would be to share your map drawings accross all other tablet owners or just a part of it (groupleader of group Delta see yellow stuff and so on on his smartphone) for e.g. artillerie so they know approximate where the enemys are. commander could also see all groupleader markers even person position is off (on hardest settings) if the mission allows this.

Hope soon there come some artillerie mods so its gets a bit more challenging so the commander could give all the data he receives to the arti guys.

Wow! Just incredible. It's modder's like yourselves that make ArmA the greatest game of all time. Thank you for your time and effert on this one, I am greatly looking forward to this mod. I'm proud to be part of the Armaverse.

Ps. Every day feels like Christmas since the game was released.

Wow! Just incredible. It's modder's like yourselves that make ArmA the greatest game of all time. Thank you for your time and effert on this one, I am greatly looking forward to this mod. I'm proud to be part of the Armaverse.

Ps. Every day feels like Christmas since the game was released.

Since everyone is in the Christmas mood, a little gift for everyone , a small progress update:

I am into a closed beta now, and I am polishing up the GUI and fixing any bugs that arise in beta. The only major thing Im waiting on for a public release is the vehicle interface, as soon as thats done I will see about getting the first version out to everyone.

Update - v1.0.0.2

Changelog:

-Polished up the tablet gui.

-Added quick access keys on tablet, F1,F2,F3

-Cleaned up the Helmet Cam and UAV Gui and made it look more realistic. (Let me know what you think)

-Polished up the navigation of menu's in the Tablet

-fixed helmet cam offset issues, helmet cam pip now shows the correct view no matter the animation the unit is in.

-Tablet interface is 98% done.

Media:

qjd2.th.jpg

t5g2.th.jpg

o3jh.th.jpg