Sign in to follow this  
iOGC_Broadsword

Game for a cause

Good morning all!

Can I take a very short time to introduce you to Game for a cause? GFAC is a website dedicated to raising funds for charity through PC gaming. We are fast approaching our very first event on the 21st of September.

The first event will be Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm running through the campaign from 19:00GMT to midnight. This event will be in support of St Catherine's Hospice and Jo's Cervical caner trust.

The RO2 event has the full support of Tripwire's Vice President Alan Wilson who has supplied some very nice prizes for this and future events. We have plans to run several events before the close of this year and we want to encourage PC gamers to get involved in raising funds for local and international charities.

Game for a cause has also recieved support and approval from several Game Developers, you can view who has offered support on the website as well as read about what GFAC is all about and why we are doing what we do. I might also point out that we have had confirmation from Bi's Ota Vrťátko to run ArmA based events for charity in the future.

GFAC does NOT handle cash, all donations go through the Virgin Money Giving system so that the charities receive all the money and gift aid on top.

Please take some time to read through the site and or visit the Virgin Money giving page to see whats happening and why. You can also book your space for the upcoming event on the GFAC site.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

http://gameforacause.co.uk

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/iogc

Hey up,

this is a really good initiative, and I incline in your general direction sir..! ;)

I'll certainly be joining in any events I can and I'd recommend anyone else to do the same- it's ALL in a great cause, and we could all benefit from it imo...

Keep up the good work,

Marc

Cheers Marc. These two charities mean a lot to the guys, it would be great to see some of the many members at Bi get over and get signed up. I'm sure there are a few RO2 players amongst them.

Hi Guys!

Please join us in Numbers as it is for a real good cause. Our dear friend passed away from the big "C" and those charity's were outstanding with their support and been the only help he received.

well done with the event, glad we were able to approve it ...

I'm looking forward to putting my time towards this worthwhile event... and the future events... (being worked on, I'm sure)

• Their gaming server can fill up FAST with experienced players. you can use their Teamspeak, if needed, for better communications.
  • They have a Prize pool if you Donate a small amount. You can still participate without donating, but that kinda defeats the purpose.. right..?
  • They have been a Gaming community for numerous years (more than 8.. ), so they know what they're doing !!

Go to their website & find out more... maybe you can help out in another way....

and Lastly.... Why not help out a small charity or two while sitting at home gaming. I see events like this as benefiting ALL involved: Gamers, Event Organizers; Game providers; Charities, etc..

See YOU there !