Azza FHI

Better way to camera script than camera.sqs?

hello again, so ive been making mission intros by exec camera.sqs and pasting the scenes into an sqf., when the camera starts there is a message saying this method is obsolete and I should use bis fnc camera old.

I no sqs is outdated now, but the only help about camera intros on the net that I have found is based on this method. does anyone have any tutorials on what the new way is to make intros thru bis functions?

You can try the new Splendid Camera

[] execVM "a3\functions_f\Debug\fn_camera.sqf";

I use the old one when making cutscenes to get the camera position and such. The same way its been done since arma1. I tried to use the new camera but when I left clicked to get the coordinates and tried to paste them into a text document to the be put in my intro.sqf file nothing came up. But the old camera way worked. I may have done something wrong on my end regarding the splendid camera however.

I was able to capture some ingame footage using the capture function, but I wasnt able to play it back, so I didnt worry about it much. I have also notice that the intro/outro in the editor dont work either, well I hope they make them functional, cause I dont see no point having them in the editor interface.

Guess theres nothing wrong with the old way. I would love to be able to follow a unit in a sort of attachto way instead of the camera static and unit as the centrepoint. Anyone no if this is possible?

@Arend the Bastard Honestly though, if someone finds their way here, looking for a solution, then your post might be just what they need.

Plus, i think most of us here are guilty of necro'ing a thread without realising it. 

• Thanks 1