Sign in to follow this  
aceandeights

Help! error with created missions

I created three missions and they all work fine in preview but when i go to have a friend join they get kicked from the lobby and soon as they join. This only happens too two of the three missions i made. I can play all the missions myself so i dont understand why i cant have someone join. Also when loading all missions in the editor i get this error message " mission contains bad link to a static object. Open it in the editor and save it again." Thanks in advance I've looked everywhere but found nothing.

After you finished editing the missions what did you do with the files? Repack them and place in your MPmissions folder or are they still in your documents/Arma3 missions folder?

Need more info.

Save them to your missions folder.Just hit save nothing else It will create a mission.sqm. Then you need to create some other files to make it MP.

I made for a simple mission I made. Then there is your init.sqf where you can call functions or scripts for MP. Then you need to repack the folder into a PBO file put that in your main Arma3 directory MPmissions folder not in documents.

Here is a sample Description.ext

respawn = "BASE";

respawndelay = 5;

author = "xx-LSD-xx";

onLoadName = "Kill'em All";

onLoadMission = "Kill the Enemy in CQB";

disabledAI = true;

class Header

{

gameType = Coop;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 8;

};

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

#include "taw_vd\dialog.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

#include "taw_vd\CfgFunctions.hpp"

};

class Params

{

#include "ServerSettings.h"

};

You can use "Save As - Export to Multiplayer Missions".. You just cant change the name at all in the text box of "Save As". If you do, it will create a new folder with just your mission.sqm .. No init or description or any other files...

For example:

1- I start up the editor, start working on a mission and hit save naming it "My_Awesome_Mission" .

2- I now have a folder named "My_Awesome_Mission.Altis" in my mission directory.

3- I get on the next day and finish it, hitting save again. Now I created it to be a multiplayer mission so after I hit save the last time I now goto "Save As".. the box will pop up with "My_Awesome_Mission" in the text line.

4- All I do now is select "Export to multiplayer missions" and hit "Save".

5- Go into your arma 3 game directory (Steam\steam apps\blah blah\blah\arma 3) and Open the "MP Missions" Folder... Your mission is PBO'd in there...

Now if i was to go back to step 3 and change "My_Awesome_Mission" to "My_Awesome_MP_Mission" and hit save.. It would first create the new folder "My_Awesome_MP_Mission.Altis" and save the Mission.sqm.. and then PBO it with nothing else.

Hope that explanation helped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I typed all that I realized that isn't even your problem lol.. Ok

Did you have any mods enabled while making your missions that your friend doesn't have??? An easy way to tell is to open up your mission.sqm and look right at the top.. With no mods enabled (or accidentally saved onto the map)

it should look like this:

version=12;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",

"A3_Structures_F_Ind_Cargo",

"a3_map_altis",

"A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagBunker",

"A3_Structures_F_Ind_Shed"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",

"A3_Structures_F_Ind_Shed",

"a3_map_altis"

};

Or something similar to that... if you see something like:

"FUTARM_DGTL_CAMO", <<<<<<<<<<<<< Custom Mod that is in the map somehow

"A3_Structures_F_Ind_Shed",

Last: Are all players enabled as "Playable" ?

If you have one unit set as "Player" and the rest set as "Playable" and no one selects the unit "Player" as a role in the mission start up.. the mission wont start.

Edited by BloodoftheScribe