delta99

[SP / MP] D99 Attack Defend Dorido

637x358.resizedimage

This will hopefully be one of a series of Attack / Defend missions on the various towns on Altis. The goal is to create missions that will work well in SP / MP / COOP with/or without AI.

In this mission Blufor (NATO) is defending the town of Dorida from Opfor (CSAT) attack. Blufor has roughly a squad size element to defend while Ofpor is attacking with a platoon size element.

NOTE: If you are intending to play single player, start a NEW multiplayer game on LAN and start it from there.

Features:

- SP / MP (adversarial) / COOP. If you play with AI you can lead a team or be a team member.

- Full High Comand support with full subordinate chain of command.

- OPFOR movement as a platoon

- Random starting position for Opfor (as Blufor you need to determine the direction of attack).

- ShackTac Markers.

- ACRE compatible (will enable ACRE radios if ACRE mod is enabled).

Todo:

- use as a template to move to any location (city / town / whatever)

Links:

Direct Download link: https://db.tt/rv41EZhy (unzip and add .pbo file to MPMissions folder)

Armaholic link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22395

Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175010303

Video:

I play as BLUFOR Squad Lead using High Command to command 3 FT's and regular group command to command a medic that is with SL. I actually need him to heal me at one point.

Time lapse of OPFOR Platoon movement. Note, C1 gets stuck for some reason. Might be because I am not moving as the ASL medic and therefore ASL waypoints are not triggered. Not sure why the sychronization with just C1 doesn't trigger but once I move up to join ASL and we hit waypoints C1 starts moving.

Edited by Delta99
Updated with v1.6 description

I have a semi working version of High Command going. It works well all through the subordinate units so you can actually play as CO and command all squads. Or if you wish, play as a Squad leader and command your fireteams.

There is a slight conflict somewhere in that you lose the ability to tell the men in your immediate group to return to formation. You can give them every other order under the sun and they will follow except for return to formation.

There is a slight conflict somewhere in that you lose the ability to tell the men in your immediate group to return to formation. You can give them every other order under the sun and they will follow except for return to formation.

Ok, I have this working a bit better now. Seems it has something to do with the waypoint type I set and possibly it moving down through the chain of command with High Command. Just need to do a bit more testing. I think I will have to stop the chain of command stuff from happening for any human players along the chain. That might fix things. If so, I should have a new version out soon. UPDATE: Nope, it is setCombatMode parameter that messes with things so I will remove that for now and release a version.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Steam mission updated to V1.1 (original post updated):

- Added High Command with full subordinate chain of command functionality. You can now play as CO and command each squad or play as a Squad Leader and command the fireteams. Or just play as a FT leader or just a grunt in one of the FTs.

- Fixed OPFOR random start position to work properly with human players.

Edited by Delta99

Would appreciate if anyone has any feedback on this especially if you have tried it with a number of friends on the OPFOR side using the HC Command structure. You can post here or on Steam.

A cool way to play is have 1 player as the CO and 3 friends as Alpha, Bravo and Charlie Squad Leaders. Each of your those guys will have control of 3 FT's each plus their own medic in their immediate group.

I'm going to be setting up the HC Command structure on the BLUFOR side now that I have it working the way I want it to.

Updated to V1.2 (original post updated):

- High Command added to BLUFOR

- Removed JIP slots (not needed)

- Add COOP to title in game.

Please add non-steamworkshop link.

Ok, a few people have been asking for this so I will do what I can.

DONE - see original post for direct download link.

Edited by Delta99

thx, but your link "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49679919/Arma3/Missions/D99AttackDefendDorida_V1_2.Altis.zip" isn't working 404, noticed u set right link in title but wrong in url. http://db.tt/LXTxkMvd is working :)

Edited by yxman

thx, but your link "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49679919/Arma3/Missions/D99AttackDefendDorida_V1_2.Altis.zip" isn't working 404, noticed u set right link in title but wrong in url. http://db.tt/LXTxkMvd is working :)

Thanks, should be fixed now. I originally screwed up the upload so had to upload again. I guess I only fixed the display portion of the link and not the link itself.

Hi, thx for your mission. Want to play it SP today; do you think it is appropriate with tpw-mods (supression most importatly) and ww_aicover? Thx...

Hi, thx for your mission. Want to play it SP today; do you think it is appropriate with tpw-mods (supression most importatly) and ww_aicover? Thx...

I don't see why not if those mods work in MP. Remember, in order to play SP you still need to start the mission in MP as stated in the notes.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

I think one of the recent Arma3 Stable updates broke the gear script which means SL's and FTL's won't get binoculars and such. Mission still working fine otherwise but I'm looking into fixing this soon.

I also have a much better Opfor movement script almost ready to go so hopefully both these will be rolled into the next update soon.

V1.3 Released today (OP Updated):

- entire new OPFOR waypoint system so platoon moves as a platoon

- changed town name to Dorida (was spelled incorrectly as Dorido!!)

Thanks Delta. BTW your mission also appears under Steam Subscribed Content in the SP Scenarios, was that intended? Because it does not work the SP way, after a few seconds script errors appear and the mission is lost. Dev Branch.

Thanks Delta. BTW your mission also appears under Steam Subscribed Content in the SP Scenarios, was that intended? Because it does not work the SP way, after a few seconds script errors appear and the mission is lost. Dev Branch.

It is intended to be advertised as a SP mission because it is made to be played and works well with just 1 player. I'm not sure how the Steam stuff works in selecting that tag on whether it still shows the mission in the Scenario's list or not. I think that selection has nothing to do with what shows up in the Scenario's list.

Its unfortunate because it cases issues like this.

I do have a NOTE in the description to run it from MP but not sure how many people miss that.

v1.4 released just now (OP updated):

- BLUFOR waypoints now scripted (in preparation for moving to any location)

- waypoints now generated at 15 seconds after missions start instead of 10 seconds

Edited by Delta99
minor formatting change

If anyone is interested in any additions to this mission speak up now before I use this as a template to move to other locations on Altis (maybe Stratis too).

I'm thinking of maybe putting in static weapons (plus weapon bags so you can setup static weapons where you want them) and perhaps some ammo boxes.

v1.5 released today (OP Updated)

- added HMG (ground and standing) in backpacks with tripods in backpacks to BLUFOR for defense.

- slowed down Squad Leaders and CO at mission start so they don't get too far out in front (still because waypoint synchronization broken).

v1.6 released (OP Updated):

- Fixed waypoint synchronization.

- Changed distance between CO/SL and FTL's.

- Removed speed change for first waypoint due to synchronization working

It is sort of intended to be winnable by OPFOR since they have a 3:1 force multiplier as the attacking force. What I usually do if I am not playing against human players is remove one of the OPFOR squads. Usually the entire Charlie squad for instance can be removed. All you need to do is toggle the AI for each unit in the lobby.

I was going to setup emplaced static weapons but not sure I want to do that without a bunch of randomization especially considering this is a template to pickup and throw down anywhere on the map without editing anything. I will think about it though and perhaps come up with something that is randomized enough and works well.

Was thinking of creating an RHS version of this? Anyone interested?