icewindo

Female Soldiers 0.1 Alpha / Modders Resource

Hi! I just signed up to the forums to say I appreciate you making this mod, I greatly loved the French Armed Forces mod that had female soldiers in it, and certainly mods for Arma with female characters have come a long way since the "Tanya" mod dressed in a revealing low-cut tank-top.

I really hate to see this being the only female soldier mod in the game, and I hope you'll be encouraged to develop it further, or encourage others to do the same!

Thanks again!

That would not be possible, as the female faces would also need another skeleton and thus not be compatible to men models. Leads to instant crash.

In the past (A2, OA) the female heads even were part of the female model itself. There were head files, but they were 4kb dummy files which I found out in disappointment back then.

Hmm what mood mesh do you mean?

Mis type, mod's is what i mean to say.

As someone who has wanted to see female characters able to operate guns and vehicles regardless of all the flaws and salad dressing of skeletons with moving hips and blah, big Thank you, will be watching this project closely.

My only critique would be that the iris seems a bit small, leading the eye to look very large and kinda scary.

http://www.techyville.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/eyes1.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

Hi Icewindu, thanks for your iniciative to end the sexism on ArmA3 (now Stratis and ALtis won´t be refered as Pederasthos island lol)! Waiting anxiously for your update with better riging (so we can have bikini girls on the beach) =)

;2500547']Hi Icewindu' date=' thanks for your iniciative to end the sexism on ArmA3 [/quote']

Uhh huh. Good start.

(so we can have bikini girls on the beach) =)

And then chauvinism.

I'm sure most people have noticed the lack of any women models in A3 so this package might fill the gap.

It's meant to be a realistic game...

Uhh huh. Good start.

And then chauvinism.

Hey Venom, can´t we have some eye candy? I was just tired of seeing dudes in underwears (saucages in my face nooooooooo) you´re lucky I wasn´t asking for Topless, when I was in Europe in 94 all beaches and lakes had gorgeous women sunbathing almost naked, it was better than here - Brazil - just lovely... I´m just kidding, BTW ;D

Really waiting for the next update with better riging thou =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

@Corporal_Lib[bR]

I took the rigging as far as I could. I saw distemper had improved it greatly but he didn't visit these forums after his post so I dunno if he can be reached. Maybe through the russian arma.at.ua community.

It's meant to be a realistic game...

I see you know the truth too, yep in reality women are actually all lizards hiding under human skin, bent on world domination. No wonder BIS doesn't want to include them. They know the secret. But I have no fear of repercussions. See, I'm perfectly fine and [connection lost]

Edited by Icewindo

i'll provide a better rig soon. i provided a friend with one that was pretty good but had some problems still like single unweighted points and some height problems. as soon as he or me have fixed it, i'll post it here.

Thank you for the Female Soldiers, Icewindo. :)

Here's a little something I came up with after playing a bit with them.

i'll provide a better rig soon. i provided a friend with one that was pretty good but had some problems still like single unweighted points and some height problems. as soon as he or me have fixed it, i'll post it here.

Looking forward to that better rig, Sir. Thanks in advance.

looks great. actually works very well with the clothes. only thing that bothers me is the big veiny hands. kinda creepy ;)

looks great. actually works very well with the clothes. only thing that bothers me is the big veiny hands. kinda creepy ;)

Thanks, BB. Yes, big veiny man hands when wearing shirt as opposed to long-sleeved uniforms. Still, its good to have the female soldiers in game. Thanks again to Icewindo for the sharing this.

Some other observations not included in the video:

1) No female arms, forearms and hands when using 1st person view

2) Male head when using a wet suit

3) I can't use weapons underwater (like SDAR)

4) I can't get in boats

Good thing the following does not happen in game but what I think would be hair-raising is: when you say like "soldier four, remove your uniform" then soldier four AI would answer "solid copy" in a man's voice. :lol:

Only problem I see with this is that female soldiers are not allowed to have hair freely flowing around, they are tied up in buns or military grade hair netting.

With the ability to use assets from earlier games, would it be possible to use the voice and breathing sounds from OA as was done in the old mods for arma 2?

Changing the pitch of the male voices doesn't make the out of breath sounds any less manly...

Only problem I see with this is that female soldiers are not allowed to have hair freely flowing around, they are tied up in buns or military grade hair netting.

That's why there are two head versions. One for hollywood or civilians and one for the real deal :wink_o:

With the ability to use assets from earlier games, would it be possible to use the voice and breathing sounds from OA as was done in the old mods for arma 2?

Changing the pitch of the male voices doesn't make the out of breath sounds any less manly...

Yeah this should be possible, the radio protocol changed abit though so its lot of cfg stuff.

Breathing and hit sounds would be easier to change, since they're just a few lines.

Feel free to give it a shot if you know some cfg stuff ;) .

Edited by Icewindo

Well i've tinkered a bit but I'm in no way an experienced modder, could porbably handle the breath and injured sounds though, but at the moment I'm not even using the add on as I was waiting for a more complete version (I know you said you weren't continuing but someone might pick it up) or for the other mod that was started.

So it was a rhetorical question really, though I might have a look at some point...

You really need to tweak the levels of the diffuse texture. It's way too bright currently. (Or the material)

Goodjob for an alpha release can' t wait to see the future update of this unit . This game needed female soldiers , now it's a little more realistic ! keep going .

Why does the community have to mod important stuff like this for ArmA3 themselves ?

Why Bohemia has built or at least no female player AI? You can not create a mission, as in Arma 2 OA. What Bohemia has matrimonial thinking that I would be intrested times!

1 plane, no women, too few objects that can be set in the editor?

What the hell is this, no wonder that most will continue to play out Arma 2 Oa on.

But for this addon, I can only say thank you!

very nice mod it's great to see some female soldiers to the game but to be hornest they look kind of chuppy and barbie like it would be nice to see somthing a little more like these

to be honest, they are working on female models, atleast were, because one of the very old a3 videos from alpha was of a greek girl in a bikini