Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

The only mod i was really looking forward ends up dead.

Welp. :(

The explosions in vanilla A3 are absolutely terrible.

Stop. It's not dead, we just had this conversation on this thread. He is working on it to the best of his abilities.

@CyclonicTuna, if you are interested in searching for it, PR's effects have already been discussed in this thread, with input from Opticalsnare IIRC.

Edited by SaBrE_UK

Its not dead the guy having a break/busy or he is tired of the community talking shit, Just be patient enjoy the game and shhhhhh.

Heres my few cents. I'm not a modder, but i know it can be hard to do things like this. Here is kinda my insightful motivation. The "Make Arma Not War" contest was dropped not too long ago, maybe you should see if you can get this fine work of art into that competition. This also gives you a deadline of around... 2014-2015 ish. No rush what so ever, just motivation to create the best product you can, and hell, you can even win cold hard cash for it, even if that's not what your into. I know if i did mods, it would be simply for mods sake. But i suggest not listening to the negative comments, and just doing your thing, because no one likes doing a job they don't enjoy. Cheers.

Heres my few cents. I'm not a modder, but i know it can be hard to do things like this. Here is kinda my insightful motivation. The "Make Arma Not War" contest was dropped not too long ago, maybe you should see if you can get this fine work of art into that competition. This also gives you a deadline of around... 2014-2015 ish. No rush what so ever, just motivation to create the best product you can, and hell, you can even win cold hard cash for it, even if that's not what your into. I know if i did mods, it would be simply for mods sake. But i suggest not listening to the negative comments, and just doing your thing, because no one likes doing a job they don't enjoy. Cheers.

Agreed, if there is something that's holding you back more than you would wish for (which I'm not saying there is), you already have my vote for the "Make Arma Not War" competetion. Even if its only for the fact that you are the only person really improving the effects. Having said that you have all my faith in creating a solid addon. Good luck, and above all, have fun.

who knows maybe hes too busy getting some live gunship and M2 sounds

What? this is a visual particle effects mod

What? this is a visual particle effects mod

wrong mod sorry i had another mod in another tab i was looking at, here let me change it

maybe hes too busy inspecting impact effects of a m2 machinegun

Take your time, Blastcore, the best things take time.......like a fine wine. We thank you for putting your time and effort in on this project.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I kinda think the engine limitations have frustrated him a bit. Maybe he reached the end of the road as far as what he can possibly do in ArmA 2 with Blastcore. I don't blame him if that's the case.

Or maybe he was waiting for the new mod tools to come out and now he can work on it without frustration. Just a thought. Anyway, plenty of fun things to do and learn before the eye candy is improved. The ALiVE mod should keep us busy for months. :p

Still alive calm down, its planned for a xmas release thats all. Just been implementing the new particle effects most importantly the glow at night as thats what ive been waiting for.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Good luck, hope you'll make it and have a smooth ride. It'd be great to have all that hard work pay off.

Thanks OS. Looks like news of the mods untimely demise was pure fantasy (as we said!) Time to stick the fingers up to those ones :)

With Make Arma Not War ... I know what I'm going to be voting for ;)

Fantastic news OS, hope it goes smoothly for you. I know your future plans aren't set in concrete, but out of interest are you vaguely planning on releasing the mod and leaving the modding scene behind, supporting the addon for a time, or maybe fiddling and playing with stuff without aims to necessarily release anything?

Whatever the case, thank you for your contributions to Arma, OFP etc., and your part in making the game and community what it is.

great news. planning a lanparty shortly after xmas and look forward to awesome effects. your work is superb.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Never knew Santa was big on explosive presents. ;)

Still alive calm down, its planned for a xmas release thats all. Just been implementing the new particle effects most importantly the glow at night as thats what ive been waiting for.

They fixed your bug? Not sure who's luckier, us for getting such a great mod or you for getting bis to fix something :p

Excellent new, Christmas looks like its gonna go with a bang after all..... :eek:

Never knew Santa was big on explosive presents. ;)

Should watch more Futurama then :p

better not pout, better not cry, better not scream or your going to die, optical snare is coming to town

Remember when I said a while back, that it seems as if the MLRS fires Sidwinder AA missles instead of big heavy artillery missles? I found out why, because they do. BI never made an MLRS rocket for the artillery and instead just reused the standard Arma 3 AA missle. I went into the editor and looked which kind of munitions each vehicle and each launcher fires.

Some gamedevelopment...