Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

If I were you I would try to contact them directly on that. Considering the quality of your mod, what you delivered in the past for them in Arma2 and the number of people waiting on this one ... I am pretty sure they would accomodate you. It would help them in the long run. I am pretty sure they would fix that thing for you.

I would hope they would accommodate. You are right about that. This is a mod that most Arma players consider a "must have". The sooner we get this mod out there the better. Arma 3 will benefit.

Alright, this will be my last post on this topic for the night simply because I can tell it won't end well. I meant well by saying what I thought was defending Coulum, if it didn't apply to the situation then just tell me and continue on. Don't get prissy and insult me.

With that being said, goodbye to you sir.

Sorry for the small talk on the thread, I don't usually do this... for this reason.

Handled it like a sir. +1 internets for you hitman

Its a config value which u can use to give particles a glow effect or illumination without a lightsource.

Now THATS shit! I see where you're getting at.

Just a small request at you OS

Please don´t touch the smoke grenades.

You remember the issues in A2 that came up with Blastcores Smoke grenades?

People that played without Blastcore saw totally different ammounts of smoke than the guys playing with Blastcore. The AI also still saw the vanilla smoke so that players using Blastcore couldn´t say if they are behind a smoke screen or totally exposed to the AI.

You do a wonderfull job with explosions :)

Just a small request at you OS

Please don´t touch the smoke grenades.

You remember the issues in A2 that came up with Blastcores Smoke grenades?

People that played without Blastcore saw totally different ammounts of smoke than the guys playing with Blastcore. The AI also still saw the vanilla smoke so that players using Blastcore couldn´t say if they are behind a smoke screen or totally exposed to the AI.

You do a wonderfull job with explosions :)

Agree! Also because at the moment the smoke grenades effects provided by BIS it's nice.. (maybe a bit too soft but thats ok)

Keep this mod up! Never played Arma 2 without

The smoke grenades are rubbish at the moment ... they have crap coverage! They need blastcore loving .... MOAR PARTICLES !!

The smoke grenades are rubbish at the moment ... they have crap coverage! They need blastcore loving .... MOAR PARTICLES !!

Yeah but at least you know when you are covered by them...

I say lets leave all the extra particels for Explosions and Effects. We don´t want to hit the particle limit only because we threw a few smoke grenades during a battle, right?

By the way, OS did BIS change/raise the particle limit in A³?

Yeah but at least you know when you are covered by them...

I say lets leave all the extra particels for Explosions and Effects. We don´t want to hit the particle limit only because we threw a few smoke grenades during a battle, right?

By the way, OS did BIS change/raise the particle limit in A³?

I asked OS about the smoke grenades several pages back and he said they wouldn't be like the A2 ones.

on the subject of smoke grenades (and anythign else that should block visibility):

blockAIVisibility = true; //sets if particles are in the AI visibility tests (default true) - false for better performance but AI is able to see through particles

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Particle_Effects#Definition_of_part-effect

New variable for particles

Yea i have changed them, and have used the block AI vis so it shoundnt be issue with the AI. But as for someone who is using blastcore to someone who isnt and they throw a smoke nade. I quess i will have to do a lite version designed for multiplayer or something.

Maybe release BC without smoke grenade changes and add an optional folder with the unsigned smoke grenades for sp use.

Yea i have changed them, and have used the block AI vis so it shoundnt be issue with the AI. But as for someone who is using blastcore to someone who isn't and they throw a smoke nade. I guess i will have to do a lite version designed for multiplayer or something.

Would you just do the lite version after the release of your full? I honestly don't have a problem with that. I'd rather try the single player Campaign with Blastcore first!

Yea i have changed them, and have used the block AI vis so it shoundnt be issue with the AI. But as for someone who is using blastcore to someone who isnt and they throw a smoke nade. I quess i will have to do a lite version designed for multiplayer or something.

AI vision blocked by the smoke screen sounds good to me. Maybe you should just release an additional Blastcore Smoke grenade Addon. I think that would make it easier for you to maintain and Update the mod since you would have to worry about only one main version.

Sooo... when? ^^

Every time someone posts something like this, it delays the release by a week !

So if I write something like :

When will it be available?

It probably will be available arround the 15th November :)

I watched this video for the first time....I cannot figure out how you do this but it is amazing....

Sooo... when? ^^

I've got to wonder if not having the updated Mod tools that BIS is suppose to release is slowing things down for most modders? I read that some of the modders could make better stuff with less bugs if BIS would release those tools.

We wait patiently because these good modder's have great talent and are trying to make stuff without the updated tools. I, for one, say "Cheers" for all their hard work.

Hey Optical Snare - I watched some Blastcore videos from Arma 2 again and was a bit surprised.

I watched this video , made by you, and was wondering why the effects in my game would never look like that.

Was this some earlier version? Because honestly the effects in the video looked better than the ones I had ingame.

Just wondering here. And I hope that the A3 effects will be more like the ones in the video again, since the mushroom clouds (that were btw moving with the wind) felt just strange.

Anyway - cant wait for your great work to release.

Greetz

I think he tuned down some effects for performance reasons (gbu particles i.e.). The video was also a teaser for the first version of blastcore and still contained a nice "lightning" update for the morning/evening sun (orange sky/lightning of the sunset). I miss that one, no idea why os removed it.

But to be true, i think the BC effects (OA version) were indeed much more smoke/dust and less flames/flashs than in the teaser..

Best thing about Blastcore is the debris that comes from blowin' shit up ! MOAR DEBRIS ! Oh and MOAR blastwaves :)

I am asking again for some kind of community guide on how to change the effects.

Because Ive searched literally everywhere and couldnt find a good source.

OS you are obviously communitys lead on this theme - could you pls make a guide? I am willing to help in any kind I can if that helps. And I really mean any.

As stated before I need good effects to make this game worth the time. So I really would agree to put some effort in it.

Greetz

I am asking again for some kind of community guide on how to change the effects.

Because Ive searched literally everywhere and couldnt find a good source.

OS you are obviously communitys lead on this theme - could you pls make a guide? I am willing to help in any kind I can if that helps. And I really mean any.

As stated before I need good effects to make this game worth the time. So I really would agree to put some effort in it.

Greetz

Well in the beginning of the video it said "Work in progress". Which usually means that what you see is subject to change. There could be any number of reasons why OS decided to change whatever you see is diffrent. Because the way I see it the effects in that video are pretty much exactly what it looks like in OA.