Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

I will always remember, while playing with Arma 2 and the JSRS Sound mod, the first time I heard the A-10 gatling gun in the distance ...like 1 seconds after I saw the explosion on the ground. I was like WWWOOOOWWWW. No way that thing can be cooler.

Buy one of these bad boys, gives games a whole new level of immersion.

http://www.shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/products/products.asp?intProductsID=3

Haemorrhoid compatible? :cool:

Got a decent sub right here, nothing that destroys your home, but from various liveleak clips i learned the pure sound aspect is sufficient.

Proper delay, proper boom, happy burns :)

I'm a 47 year old man, so I'm past my prime with my brain :p I have three other brothers....two are math prodigies, while my 3rd brother is like myself (more Street smart than book smart...the two other brothers aren't so street smart, but book smart.).

I went to college and ended up with a 3.5 GPA. I did really well in the "Social" classes (History / Philosophy / and such), but just sucked at the sciences....I got "B's", but I struggled to get them. I took College Algebra as a Freshman (worked my tail off with the Grad Assist. after many classes) and barley got a "B" - so I knew at that point I was pretty much done with Math and Science ;) Anyway..... I went to college to be a History Major / Philosophy Major, not a Math / Science major. BTW...most of the Sciences are based on Math...math is the basic core of Science.

As for coding and scripting, it's all "Greek" to me. I look at it, but it might as well be another language. My two "Math" brothers would say, "Pfffft, piece of cake".... but if I then started to talk to them about Current Events, Politics, and History - then they become hopelessly lost. LOL

YOU ARE NOT PAST YOUR PRIME!! God, sorry to say this but you must live a boring life. I mean seriously, no offense but cmon man. Get off your ass. If you want to do something go and do it. Nothing they ever tought you at school can be as powerfull as you making the decesion to go and do something you like. YOU'RE 47 FOR GODS SAKE!!! You havn't even begun to scratch the surface by the looks of it, and just because you think you're past you prime you feel worthless. But you arn't.

The brain isn't a bone, its not something ridged that grows once and then stops. Its a muscle, no matter what your age you can always flex it and more importantly, you can train it till the day you die.

You want to be a modder? You want to be a game developer? We live in the 21 century, you don't even need books. Get some info on the web on basic scripting, get a simple game engine like Unity and start messing around. You'll discover soon enough if its something you want to spend time on, time that, you in your own words have told, isn't being spent productively anyhow.

Hell you could even start by making you're own missions in the Arma III editor, which uses even a simpler coding system: when this occurs => this => do that.

I'll post no more on the matter because I feel like we're drifting of topic. But I'll say this: education is what you make of it. Apart from the "I'm past my prime" bit you seem like a smart guy to me. Otherwise you wouldn't play Arma and go out of your way to post messages on the forum.

But education is what you make of it. For some reason we are believed to be able to function in life after we spend 2 decades behind a desk listening to people who we've beent told by other people know what they're talking about because they have beent told the same when they were in school. The truth is that each brain is so complex and so unique that we can not expect to get to the point of succes promised us by our teachers, coaches and parents by way of the massive school system that is in place in every modern society.

I live in the Netherlands and over here about 99% of the students make it thrue primary school, 90% thrue middleschool, 80% thrue highschool, 20% thrue collage and another 15% make it thrue University. That is poor, very poor compared to the promises made by our surroudings of happines.

But knowledge isn't happynes, statisfying curiousity is, and everyone is born curious. So I won't feel sorry for you because the fact of the matter is that I'm 20 and I just dropped out of collage, and I won't feel sorry for myself. I'll feel sorry when I don't take the chance to become the best I can be. And if I try my whole life and die unsatisfied, my last breath will be that I didn't reach my prime, but that won't happen because I'm 20, and you're 47 and it won't happen to you either.

yup. I never made it to college. I stopped programming after middle school. NOW Im pushing 40. Started to dabble again. BTW it was all greek to me too, and I to am philisophical, and historical, and not much on math. If my simple self can do it. I'd bet my last buck your College edguumaacaidid self could ;) ANYWAYS!!!!! Stop saying you cant and do it like the man said. lol BTW cant wait for the release of blastcore A3 ;)

YOU ARE NOT PAST YOUR PRIME!!

My comment was a 'tongue - n - cheek' comment, that is why I put the ":p" behind the comment. I've noticed as I get older, the main thing that goes is the memory (especially short term)....but yes, the old melon still works pretty good.

I do a lot of editing in the editor and I've made the "simple" missions and have added other people's scripts into my creations..... but if I don't edit for several months, I seem to lose a lot of the important minute stuff in my short term memory and have to relearn it.... sigh!!!!!! I take a lot of notes these day and write down things I've learned with the editor.

Again, we are all born with different talents. Some people comprehend certain things better than others..... boys can usually comprehend math better than girls.... and girls can usually comprehend "English Class" better than boys (not in every case, but on the whole). My two older brothers can comprehend math better than my other brother and myself, while the older brothers don't have much when it comes to "street smarts," my other brother and myself understand how society / personal relationships work.

Anyway..... we are getting off topic. I can't wait for blastcore to release his mod, it's gonna take ArmA 3 to another level. Add in DUWS with WW_AICover, TPW mods, VAC, Trackir, all the weapons mods, all the vehicle mods, the core game, and etc.....and we have a classic on our hands. I hope their next DLC Island is full of trees somewhere in Russia or Northern Europe / America where we can add lots of snow. ;)

Cheers from America.

Even with a big budget and team I doubt you could have everything on the same level. Especially in a game like arma where there is so much in the first place. I guess every game has its good, bad and ugly.

I'm sorry, but you're outta your mind.

Blastcore in A2 proved that the supposed engine limitations that were so touted by BIS just weren't the case. OS's video on the first page just goes to show what can be achieved outside of the official dev cycle. It basically comes down to a lackadaisical approach to development, period. I stopped being a apologist for BIS several years ago, and honestly, I should've done so back in 2007.

If anyone doesn't have a problem with a modder vastly outshining what has been done in the effects category by the developers themselves, then some of you really need a reality check, because it's sad.

Regardless - Keep up the good work OS!

I'm sorry, but you're outta your mind.

Blastcore in A2 proved that the supposed engine limitations that were so touted by BIS just weren't the case. OS's video on the first page just goes to show what can be achieved outside of the official dev cycle. It basically comes down to a lackadaisical approach to development, period. I stopped being a apologist for BIS several years ago, and honestly, I should've done so back in 2007.

If anyone doesn't have a problem with a modder vastly outshining what has been done in the effects category by the developers themselves, then some of you really need a reality check, because it's sad.

Regardless - Keep up the good work OS!

I think he meant something else by his comment. I think he meant that people keep saying if BIS had a bigger team and a bigger budget to spend on the game, it would have ended up better, and he was saying that that isn't the case. Basically he meant that OS is making up for their lacking detail, not that he didn't like what OS was doing. Sorry for the response, just like clearing things up for people :D

I think he meant something else by his comment. I think he meant that people keep saying if BIS had a bigger team and a bigger budget to spend on the game, it would have ended up better, and he was saying that that isn't the case. Basically he meant that OS is making up for their lacking detail, not that he didn't like what OS was doing. Sorry for the response, just like clearing things up for people :D

Is English your first language? Jesus...

My comment was on point and in direct response to giving people (BIS) a free pass. It was in no-way directed (not that he didn't like what OS was doing) at OS. Where the hell did you make that comparison?

Is English your first language? Jesus...

My comment was on point and in direct response to giving people (BIS) a free pass. It was in no-way directed (not that he didn't like what OS was doing) at OS. Where the hell did you make that comparison?

Alright, this will be my last post on this topic for the night simply because I can tell it won't end well. I meant well by saying what I thought was defending Coulum, if it didn't apply to the situation then just tell me and continue on. Don't get prissy and insult me.

With that being said, goodbye to you sir.

Sorry for the small talk on the thread, I don't usually do this... for this reason.

I wish BIS would fix this damn negitive alpha glow setting, it makes my explosions look crap, might have to bug my counterpart on the BIS side.. Apart from that i just gotta finish a few things. :)

What exactly does that mean? :)

Its a config value which u can use to give particles a glow effect or illumination without a lightsource.

Apart from that i just gotta finish a few things. :)

I believe they were referring to this my good man, any idea when we can expect a release or maybe some new videos at least?

As always thank you so much for your continued efforts, Blastcore is by far one of my favorite mods

I would rather OS kept working on this instead of diverting to make another video.

Keep on trucking OS !

Videos don't take long, it's just the people keep pestering that's annoying.

Quick question though, are you going to be creating larger explosions for artillery and JDAMs? I was running the Arma 2 version in 3 and it is pretty awesome compared to stock BIS effects, the only issue is the smaller munitions also kick up huge dust clouds too which is obviously unrealistic. Seemed like it was just a config issue.

Anyways looking forward to trying it out, don't rush anything ;D

might have to bug my counterpart on the BIS side

Why is that funny? :)

I would rather prefer to play the Episode 1 of the campaign with Blastcore.

I think I won't bother playing before.

Same here. I'm gonna wait for Blastcore and JSRS. :)

Apart from that i just gotta finish a few things. :)

So good to hear=)

On that note: Would it be to much to ask for a guide on altering effects? Because as many modding guides are out there as few are about the altering of effects.

In fact I couldnt find a single one!

The community surely would be thankfull (not that they werent allready;))

Best regards

I wish BIS would fix this damn negitive alpha glow setting, it makes my explosions look crap, might have to bug my counterpart on the BIS side.. Apart from that i just gotta finish a few things. :)

If I were you I would try to contact them directly on that. Considering the quality of your mod, what you delivered in the past for them in Arma2 and the number of people waiting on this one ... I am pretty sure they would accomodate you. It would help them in the long run. I am pretty sure they would fix that thing for you.