Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

- btw no more videos till release its not far off trust me

Edited by Opticalsnare
double post

So if there will be no videos could you pls let us know an very randomn approximate release time?

Sth like at least 6 month, or around 2 month or at least one month or sth.

Nothing certain though - we all know that - but we are all very eager to see your mod and it would be nice to get an idea on how long to approximately wait.

I havent said it until now but my mod for midrange textures is on ice till I see satisfying effects in the game. So I am sure that will make a release date for your mod even more exciting for people^^

Ps: Since I was asked to:

(bradley and abrams shooting at high house)

And heres a

- tracers look intense...

I havent said it until now but my mod for midrange textures is on ice till I see satisfying effects in the game. So I am sure that will make a release date for your mod even more exciting for people^^

Well that's my excitement for this mod quadrupled. ALL THE GRAPHICS.

So if there will be no videos could you pls let us know an very randomn approximate release time?

Its done when its done.

One question. How much work would it be to implement small camera/screen shakes for explosions dependent on size (force) and distance (force, time delay)?

I just thought about all these videos on youtube and how the shock wave really shakes the camera sometimes.

Ps: Since I was asked to:

(bradley and abrams shooting at high house)

And heres a

- tracers look intense...

Sounds like I'm playing Arma 2 with JSRS 1.5. :D. Beautiful.

Would it be possible to have different explosions for ammo trucks and fuel trucks? (There may be others but those are the ones that came to mind)

e.g. A cook off effect for the ammo truck and a massive fire ball for the fuel truck.

OpticalSnare,

I know you are not doing this for money, but for fun. But you should take few hours and create a small web page with a "Paypal Donation" button. The community is really appreciating the work you do and I think that a lot of us would give you a small gift back :)

I think you deserve this. For me, your component in Arma 2 was really a game changer. I would gladly donate.

OpticalSnare,

I know you are not doing this for money, but for fun. But you should take few hours and create a small web page with a "Paypal Donation" button. The community is really appreciating the work you do and I think that a lot of us would give you a small gift back :)

I think you deserve this. For me, your component in Arma 2 was really a game changer. I would gladly donate.

I'd be willing to donate the time to build a website. Now all OS needs is someone to donate either the server space or money for hosting, and $10 for a domain.

Edited by TheCapulet

One question. How much work would it be to implement small camera/screen shakes for explosions dependent on size (force) and distance (force, time delay)?

I just thought about all these videos on youtube and how the shock wave really shakes the camera sometimes.

This is totally doable. I think there's a parameter to do this in config, but if there isn't then it can be scripted in with not too much trouble.

The only problem is that the overhead might be high dependent on how the checks are calculated.

Optical how's the progress going?

always with the rest, he is already Report if something goes.

was always previously so ;)

So excited for this i cannot even tell you, I had to play a session of A2OA last night without blastcore because they dont accept it on their server and oh my god was it horrible

So excited for this i cannot even tell you, I had to play a session of A2OA last night without blastcore because they dont accept it on their server and oh my god was it horrible

i have to say though that i personally prefer the arma 2 particle effects over the ones in arma 3. except for single stuff like grenade explosions. to me arma 3's stuff is way too bright and colourful. they tried to make the dust match the ground but that will always look silly when saturation is too high and the actual particle texture has not enough detail. a really bad example are the arty explosions in one of the latest official videos. that beige plain coloured dust looks so bad.

Edited by Bad Benson

Arma always has been a mix of outstanding features (islands, models, ...) and very mediocre ones (sound, FX, lack of polish)

Arma always has been a mix of outstanding features (islands, models, ...) and very mediocre ones (sound, FX, lack of polish)

Even with a big budget and team I doubt you could have everything on the same level. Especially in a game like arma where there is so much in the first place. I guess every game has its good, bad and ugly.

Even with a big budget and team I doubt you could have everything on the same level. Especially in a game like arma where there is so much in the first place. I guess every game has its good, bad and ugly.

True story...

Yes, I agree 100%. But the beautiful thing about ArmA is the "Armaverse".... this community is second-to-none. We are all here to support each other....especially those that make mod's. I don't have a scientific mind (struggled with math in High School), so I have a hard time with scripting and such....but if I could, I would mod stuff for the community because I've got quite-a-bit of time on my hands. Anyway........

Edited by rehtus777
Spelling error

I don't have a scientific mind (struggled with math in High School), so I have a hard time with scripting and such....but if I could, I would mod stuff for the community because I've got quite-a-bit of time on my hands. Anyway........

(It will be somewhat offtopic but..)

There are much sections involving a game or a mod creation.

Not all of them require to be genius at math.

3D Modeling/Textures/Sound are less dependent on math skillz..than a "good eye" or a "good ear".

Other sections might be Documentation,Forum/thread administration,Translations (localization is it called?..).

There are always things to do.. :)

Yes, I agree 100%. But the beautiful thing about ArmA is the "Armaverse".... this community is second-to-none. We are all here to support each other....especially those that make mod's. I don't have a scientific mind (struggled with math in High School), so I have a hard time with scripting and such....but if I could, I would mod stuff for the community because I've got quite-a-bit of time on my hands. Anyway........

Just because you think you're no good at math doesn't mean you can mod though. You might have gotton bad grades in math because the way math is tought in schools up untill this day is too restrictive and too theoratical. You know who else sucked at math? Albert Einstein, but he was fascinated by the world around him and by physics so he developed his mind on his own and became one of the most celebrated scientists in history. Not because he liked math, but because his mind forced him to use math to come up with the problems and solutions his head was at.

Education isn't about grades, its not about enlarging you body of knowledge, its about trying to become better. And if you wanna mod, if you REALLY wanna mod, there's nothing stopping you. Especially if you feel you have the time on your hands. Besides that, modding isn't just writing lines of code. As you will see and hear in this project there are other people supporting Opticalsnare who have specialities in moddeling, texturering, animating etc. So if you want to make somethinkg cool, don't think you're on you're own, bucause some of the best mods are made by people who have had a lot of help.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@CyclonicTuna very very well said!

@rehtus777 I also sucked at math, but at one point in primary and middle school my principle told my father I was going to be a prodigy at programming computers. I made the same mistake in telling myself becuase I had a learning disability I couldn't do nothing. Up till a few years ago I stayed away from programming. I'm no prodigy but that wasn't because I was right about myself. I gave up. IF I would have stayed with it. Who knows. instead of the simple codes I write now I could've been writing GRAND codes for BIS. lol Dont sell yourself so sort. Its more about personal perseverance that makes you who and what you are or can do. ;)

@everyone else lol yup ARMA has so much to it. The possibilities of this game are way beyond imho than all other war/strategy games in this genre. That being said cant wait for the blastcore release! ;)

I´d like to have the sound part working. Seeing huge explosion, getting blown off my chair 10 seconds later.

It will be pretty nice a visual shockwave effect like *those in ARMA3 Promo videos (..off course properly optimized to run well on Pentium III :D )

Using a specific sound mod i always have been "blown off my chair"

(with the awesome RL delay between visual/sound effects depending on distance)

Just because you think you're no good at math doesn't mean you can mod though. You might have gotton bad grades in math because the way math is tought in schools up untill this day is too restrictive and too theoratical. You know who else sucked at math? Albert Einstein, but he was fascinated by the world around him and by physics so he developed his mind on his own and became one of the most celebrated scientists in history. Not because he liked math, but because his mind forced him to use math to come up with the problems and solutions his head was at.

Education isn't about grades, its not about enlarging you body of knowledge, its about trying to become better. And if you wanna mod, if you REALLY wanna mod, there's nothing stopping you. Especially if you feel you have the time on your hands. Besides that, modding isn't just writing lines of code. As you will see and hear in this project there are other people supporting Opticalsnare who have specialities in moddeling, texturering, animating etc. So if you want to make somethinkg cool, don't think you're on you're own, bucause some of the best mods are made by people who have had a lot of help.

I'm a 47 year old man, so I'm past my prime with my brain :p I have three other brothers....two are math prodigies, while my 3rd brother is like myself (more Street smart than book smart...the two other brothers aren't so street smart, but book smart.).

I went to college and ended up with a 3.5 GPA. I did really well in the "Social" classes (History / Philosophy / and such), but just sucked at the sciences....I got "B's", but I struggled to get them. I took College Algebra as a Freshman (worked my tail off with the Grad Assist. after many classes) and barley got a "B" - so I knew at that point I was pretty much done with Math and Science ;) Anyway..... I went to college to be a History Major / Philosophy Major, not a Math / Science major. BTW...most of the Sciences are based on Math...math is the basic core of Science.

As for coding and scripting, it's all "Greek" to me. I look at it, but it might as well be another language. My two "Math" brothers would say, "Pfffft, piece of cake".... but if I then started to talk to them about Current Events, Politics, and History - then they become hopelessly lost. LOL

Edited by rehtus777
Spelling