Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

Will this have any option that keeps wrecks burning longer? currently they burn out completely after a few minutes and kills the immersionz!

Will this have any option that keeps wrecks burning longer? currently they burn out completely after a few minutes and kills the immersionz!

yeahh that would be nice !

Please make the fire from burning vehicles more realistic and with the right colour :)

I am not sure how to explain this ... but I remember seeing in Arma 2 some kind of firecracker effect for few seconds from time to time when a tank was hit by an anti tank rocket. That was AMAZINGLY looking good.

Was it in blastcore? I can't remember ...

I am not sure how to explain this ... but I remember seeing in Arma 2 some kind of firecracker effect for few seconds from time to time when a tank was hit by an anti tank rocket. That was AMAZINGLY looking good.

Was it in blastcore? I can't remember ...

You mean probably the ammo cookoff presented in ACE:

Opticalsnare I have a question/suggestion. I was wondering if you are doing anything to improve the rocket artillery in A3. Right now in my opinion the rocket artillery really kind of, sucks. I mean, its one of the most powerfull weapons in Arma 3 right now, in real life rocket artillery like the MLRS carries a much bigger charge per warhead than conventional cannon artillery. But it just sounds and looks like the artillery is firing sidewinders. It sounds really whimp and there's hardly any backblast or smoke trail from the rockets.

Do you think you could make it look and sound more like this:

The people behind the Modern Warfare mod for World in Conflict really got it down when it comes down to War FX. As you can see from the video there's a huge backblast once the rocket is fired, and a long thick smoketrail that follows. Something that is severly lacking the the vanilla A3 rocket artillery if you ask me.

If you look up video's of MLRS artillery in Afghanistan, where the ground is really dusty like on Altis, the vehicle istself is at one point completely immersed in dust and smoke from the rocket launch by a huge cloud.

@CyclonicTuna

Totaly agree with you, its really anoying to see such a powerful weapon become something boring.

Specialy as an old member of the artillery force would be a change in sound and fx awesome

What is the eta on this?

As usual with any mod here: "when it's done." :p

What is the eta on this?

From the first post:

It will be released sometime after ArmA 3 launch date.

So... "when it is done". Fundamental rule of the mod forum is to not ask when it is done ;)

You mean probably the ammo cookoff presented in ACE:

EXACTLY!!!! Who did that mod!? Was it done by you opticalsnare?

@CyclonicTuna

Totaly agree with you, its really anoying to see such a powerful weapon become something boring.

Specialy as an old member of the artillery force would be a change in sound and fx awesome

Right? Artillery should exsirt power and dominance. If you play the armor showcase in A3 right now there's a MLRS firing rockets near where you touch down with the helicopter. It should be the first thing you notice on your horizon when you start the mission but right now, I only noticed it after the 5th or 6th time I started the mission that there was actually MLRS firing rockets.

I think your like the MLRS in blastcore.

Still working on a few things, started redoing the AP / Sabot hits.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Man if BIS, would simply hire Dudes like OpticalSnare, Nordkindchen and a few former ACE guys, for 2 month, this game could be like 200% cooler.

Man if BIS, would simply hire Dudes like OpticalSnare, Nordkindchen and a few former ACE guys, for 2 month, this game could be like 200% cooler.

They hire from the community, and a main point of a sandbox game is the modders making it "cooler". BIS doesnt need to have every bell and whistle in the Box by default. There are performance issues and different tastes to account for. Let alone getting a Game out in any reasonable time frame.

Well at least they should have put in SOME KIND OF USEABLE EFFECTS.

As far as it concerns me I am very disappointed about the effects they integrated.They felt like placeholders in the alpha and beta and now it feels like they were just to lazy to improve them.

This or even worse: They were not capable of improving them. But that would mean a lack of professionalism....

Anyway: The effects (apart from the gun muzzle flashes and gunlamplights) are laughable.

Just a joke. And its not the job of the community to fix jokes.

Just my two cents.

Well at least they should have put in SOME KIND OF USEABLE EFFECTS.

As far as it concerns me I am very disappointed about the effects they integrated.They felt like placeholders in the alpha and beta and now it feels like they were just to lazy to improve them.

This or even worse: They were not capable of improving them. But that would mean a lack of professionalism....

Anyway: The effects (apart from the gun muzzle flashes and gunlamplights) are laughable.

Just a joke. And its not the job of the community to fix jokes.

Just my two cents.

Agreed, there's no use for the community into making "more stuff" if the stuff that's already there isn't up to par, let alone the fact that there really arn't any tools to improve the experience without completely disassembeling the game and trying to re-assemble it as best you can within the restricions of consumer machines.

Great news on the progress Opticalsnare, keep it up!

At the very least, hopefully Arma3 will act as a sort of cash cow to enable the developer to focus on these things in future DLC/Arma4. I think the improvements that they have made to the game are significant enough, and now they are done soon they will not have an excuse!

they just fixed some of the muzzle flashes. As they will fix/add other stuff. The game isn't completed. BUT i love Blastcore and would use it in A3 right now. I been using it in A2 since day one even though its smoke size is bigger than the actual coverage that it provides.

Opticalnare,

I was wondering if you were the one who did that cookoff effect in Ace for Arma2? I know you did a lot of effect in that version.

If you could put somehting similar randomly, I am pretty sure that we would ALL enjoy it!!!!

Can't wait for your mod!