Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

looks slick but some if it is a tad unrealistic, like the particles falling down slowly. Thats only in really big explosions high above the air.

Also if i may add some suggestions: we need more smoke on everything. shooting from ground. shooting from crouch. weapon smoke. driving smoke.

Mediterranean is a dusty place lol

Except for smoke trails. Smoke trails for ATGMs simply don't exist.

Optical Snare I thought we lost you forever! Playing Arma 2 without Blastcore is not an option for so many parts of the community, you really left your mark. Seeing you back in business for Arma 3 is really encouraging.

Except for smoke trails. Smoke trails for ATGMs simply don't exist.

True. A lot of thought and effort is put into limiting smoke trails of missiles in order to not reveal the launch position.

Early days yet boys. Gonna make this the good un :)

So pumped for this, perfect timing because my new gaming rig should be ready for pick-up tomorrow.

So strongly needed! The current explosions are not even a bad joke. They dont belong in this century. I cant decide to laugh or cry every time I see an explosion effect in Arma 3.

Thank god for this...oh sorry, thanks to Opticalsnare, good to know that you are still "in da business". :)

Good to see this is coming back, looks even better in ArmA 3 :)

Woohooo!!! Great to see you continue, Opticalsnare! It was indispensable for me in A2. With JSRS and Yours mod, A3 is looking better and better :)

this! Can't wait and the video looks amazing - fav'd on YT

Things are going pretty well. I managed to port over most of the effects and get them working as intended. You guys should take into consideration that i am attempting to make this as optimized as possible whilst trying to keep the visual appeal.

There is a setting in the config which allows you to control what effects are emitted at different quality levels selected in game. So what i have done is put effects that are a bit more thirsty into the highest level settings such as the spark effects, and increased dust,smoke etc but anything basic or a bit more toned down will remain in the lower settings. So people can sorta select what works for them.

But atm its pretty solid for performance even in the higher settings. Apart from the smoke grenades which are the biggest FPS killer so far and its very hard to make them look decent without killing the frames, but i think they work as smoke grenades. Anyway finished doing the missiles ATGM have reduced smoke can almost not see it now as suggested, AA smoke is increased for gameplay reasons such as being able to see a incoming missile with its long snaking trail is just too cool to get rid of :p

Changed muzzle effects and stuff on vehicle, tanks, arty weapons etc.

Dust from vehicles slightly edited. Flares now have a lens flare and CM effects have been redone.

Anyway stay posted but atm unless anything major changes like the devs decide to change the entire game or something i think the mod will be ready for when A3 comes out give or a take a few days maybe..... :)

Awesome, so its basically 4 days + 2-3 days left? I can't wait this long anymore :D

May I ask what still needs to be finished till release?

Awesome, so its basically 4 days + 2-3 days left? I can't wait this long anymore :D

May I ask what still needs to be finished till release?

Not much its pretty exciting i thought it was gonna be a real pain the ass to port the stuff over but its been pretty easy.

Not much its pretty exciting i thought it was gonna be a real pain the ass to port the stuff over but its been pretty easy.

Good to hear mate :)

Must be a nice unique feeling to know that your own mod will be played by the entire community when it's out :D

looking forward to the results... :) this mod and JSRS = game sorted

looking forward to the results... :) this mod and JSRS = game sorted

I would agree but I still need my ACE as well. So ACE + JSRS + Blastcore = One Happy F*#ker

I would agree but I still need my ACE as well. So ACE + JSRS + Blastcore = One Happy F*#ker

ACE + JSRS + BlastCore + TPW = Oh my goodness this is the best.