Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

I think I need a new pair of pants....

I know I'm not the only one excited to see Blastcore coming to A3. How's it looking overall for you from a development point of view with all of the changes and whatnot? Do you feel there's more room to play in and achieve what you are imagining compared to A2? Or do you find it pretty much neck-to-neck? Quite interesting to see what will be achieved once the game goes full release and things are more established to start working with, since right now things tend change often making doing things a bit of a pain at the moment, haha. :) Great stuff so far, mate!

This. Also curious to what benefits of the new engine are what and things you think can be accomplished this time around that were difficult/impossible before.

Please make smoke thick and dark like it is suppose to be for fuel fires, and without all those little puffs BIS smoke has. Excited.

This is awesome news. Loved it in A2, looks just awesome in A3. Can't wait to use it.

One of the most anticipated mods for Arma 3. Thanx for bringing it to Arma 3 :)

Edited by Nikiforos

Aw jiss!

I already dream of an Arma with BC, JSRS and maybe sometimes the new midrange texture system. The game to end all games.

Usually threads with 4 pages of "Awesome!" become tedious and annoying.....but hey, this is Blastcore we're talking about

AWESOME!!

I was hoping we would see some movement on the Blastcore front before release!

While you're still early in development, I thought I'd ask: What is your approach towards realism? Do you try to reproduce FX based on real-life footage?

I ask, because I have a CoD-detractor's allergy to heavy smoke trails, and like to see my EFPs come out looking right.

Do you have any plans for modularity at all? Blastcore for A2 is glorious, but I really can't un-see all those videos of the real thing, and sometimes it runs afoul of your FX.

Blastcore Tracers will be included in Blastcore A3?

That would actually be cool if tracer modification eventually surfaces down the line at some point. Get rid of the pew-pew-lazorz tracers finally.

While you're still early in development, I thought I'd ask: What is your approach towards realism? Do you try to reproduce FX based on real-life footage?

I ask, because I have a CoD-detractor's allergy to heavy smoke trails, and like to see my EFPs come out looking right.

Do you have any plans for modularity at all? Blastcore for A2 is glorious, but I really can't un-see all those videos of the real thing, and sometimes it runs afoul of your FX.

Blastcores effects are really good, but just take a look at the FX effects of "Project Reality", a mod for Battlefield 2. Those are the best explosions i've ever seen in any mod/game.

Blastcores effects are really good, but just take a look at the FX effects of "Project Reality", a mod for Battlefield 2. Those are the best explosions i've ever seen in any mod/game.

Like any of that matters..............

Can't wait for the release, gonna be amazing! :)

I'm going to go with yes.

Nice to see all the cool things coming back "slowly but steady" !

THX for your work

definitely ! ...the effects from the actual Projekt Reality mod are currently the bettest what I've seen so far. Definitely a good inspiration source.