Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

Blastcore A3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8rdjRv0FE

Blastcore A3 is a visual effects package for the ArmA 3 platform.

Which started out as a side project called "A2 Blackjack" for the ArmA 2 game although this was never released to the public due to time constraints. It is loosely based on the Blastcore VEP structure although many effects have been modified and the mod makes use of the updated ArmA 3 lighting and particle effects.

It will be released sometime after ArmA 3 launch date.

• Thanks 1

I think I need a new pair of pants....

I know I'm not the only one excited to see Blastcore coming to A3. How's it looking overall for you from a development point of view with all of the changes and whatnot? Do you feel there's more room to play in and achieve what you are imagining compared to A2? Or do you find it pretty much neck-to-neck? Quite interesting to see what will be achieved once the game goes full release and things are more established to start working with, since right now things tend change often making doing things a bit of a pain at the moment, haha. :) Great stuff so far, mate!

This looks amazing! Great work, would love to see this implemented in missions / mods.

OS: You can't imagine how much I missed those effects. In ArmA2 they became to usually that I kept them in mind as a vanilla ArmA2 effect, I mean it was like thats... thats ArmA2, thats how I know it, that how I know the explosions and stuff to look like?!! But when you get to ArmA3 you really really miss that and I'm really glad you are back here with us!

Thank you!

LJ

Woohooo!!! Great to see you continue, Opticalsnare! It was indispensable for me in A2. With JSRS and Yours mod, A3 is looking better and better :)

What's your take on dust?

Too few games leave the dust hanging for some time after an explosion.

My PC is smoking already, bring it on!

Almost brought a tear of joy to my eye :k:

This will no doubt provide the perfect remedy for what I consider to be one of the more disappointing aspects of Arma 3, Blastcore was one of my "can't live without" mods in A2 as well.

I'll be watching this one like a hawk!

Amazing, can't wait to get this in game especially if its anywhere near as good as A2 Blastcore.

oh thank you jesus! now it's all gonna be fine :yay:

EDIT: please change those silly fire cones of burning vehicles after the explosions too.