Sign in to follow this  
nuthead

Is the TOH flight model implemented yet?

I haven't played it in a while and I was just wondering, because everyone is talking about the heli's.

Nope and it's highly unlike that it will be later.

Not a great loss if you ask me.

It would have been great to have as a difficulty setting.

But I agree that it probably won't be introduced.

I doubt it can be moded in either but I hope I'm wrong on that.

Quoting in full:

But one caution: we do not yet know we will make our stock helicopters use this flight model. "just adding" a RTD config file is not quite so easy when you want to simulate a specific helicopter (in comparison, we used a physicist for at least one month per helicopter in the past). So, we are trying to make the technology work inside the engine at some point beyond Alpha, but we cannot promise shipping with RTD-enabled helicopters even in Q3 2013. When you know I was the Project Lead for TKOH, I hope you can understand such decisions are not always based on what we want, but what we are able to do in time.
Apparently someone (SimHQ?) said that Jiri said at E3 that Arma 3 just wouldn't have the TOH flight model, but I can't find any first-hand direct quote on that... but even before E3 this year (even before the public alpha release) DnA essentially walked-it-back to what I quote above.

The helicopter FMs are okay as they are at the moment. As long as you correctly map your collective to the analogue collective and not the other collective option in 'Config', it'll work as advertised. Yes, its the the best FM in the world but its still doable. TBH, once you fly for more than 30 mins you get the hang of it quite quickly.

Please use the search function before posting a new thread. There are several on this topic.

Closing.