Sign in to follow this  
felthat

Take On Mars Development branch discussion

holy moly macaroni, when i try to launch any scenario, game crashes (tried with asteroid, kamikaze and mars race). No engine error pops out

Yeah, a mistype in a certain part of the code resulted in a crash when loading scenarios. this is fixed, and also now you can share scenarios :)

asteroid and race still crash my game

maybe its something with scenarios? like they have to be reuploaded/remade?

edit: like a giant beast, big patch appeared!

btw, is deimos available in space program?

Edited by FeltHat

Excellent, glad it works :)

btw, is deimos available in space program?

Not at the moment, very soon though.

yea, they work now

but i dont remember writing that in previous post :P

yea, they work now

but i dont remember writing that in previous post :P

Ah, thought you meant it worked from this:

edit: like a giant beast, big patch appeared!

:)

I played with the 0G probe today. It's damn hard to regain control of it if you give the altitude thrusters to much juice. Lovely :)

On that note, is there an auto stabilization option for it?

I played with the 0G probe today. It's damn hard to regain control of it if you give the altitude thrusters to much juice. Lovely :)

On that note, is there an auto stabilization option for it?

Yes :) Hold space bar for the radial menu, then select Kill Rotation to stop the rotation, and Kill Translation to stop movement. Life and sanity saving functions written by yours truly... which save my life and sanity.... mostly

deimos and belt in space program, ohh yeah :cool: have to check out those weather effects

deimos and belt in space program, ohh yeah :cool: have to check out those weather effects

Yep :) Just one minor problem and that is that the probe does not slow down fast enough. So will get that fixed asap.

is it normal that we get weather forecast about deimos and asteroid belt? i mean, is there any?

i like how instruments and arms move with the wind, they look so fragile, i care even more :p

some scenario with rly strong wind and flying lander race would be awesome :cool:

hmmm had crash on saving, have to check if it happens more often- ok, i did the same stuff and nothing happened, im not sure but i think i lost entire save file, i wish i took picture of error report

also, i somehow managed to have lander and rover in the same place, also have other 2 vehicles in area, i think it would be cool to be able to choose one just by clickin it

Edited by FeltHat

How does the mission generator work? do i have to drive around to find something to do?

Dram; from Sep 18 2013, 04:47

The mission generator creates tasks for each vehicle dynamically around them. This means that a rover that has completed it's assigned mission can continue to be useful for a long time to come. The system is in its infancy at the moment, but will progressively become matured within this week's end. Currently it will generate explore targets on nearby rocks (randomly chosen). Eventually it will create photo targets, analysis targets and the like.

from that time they made so progress so ya have to wait for more info :rolleyes:

Thanks! Also, ill just write it here. When i encounter the nasty storms on Mars, i seem to be encountering larger preformance-hits. It feels rather laggy when i do, but then again i dont expect to be driving around in them either.

How does the mission generator work? do i have to drive around to find something to do?

With today's update you should see green-blue explore targets around (slightly smaller in representation from standard explore targets) - these are the generic missions, and are generated around the vehicle on valid targets according to your instruments and cameras. When you enter one of the generated explore zones, you "confirm" the mission and the others get deleted. Once you complete that generated mission or drive over 200m from it, it will generate more missions. This continues on and on, allowing you to get, in essence, a never-ending flow of cash.

Im super excited about that new update, new space program sounds rly interesting

Dont worry about saves and compatibility, its early access after all, we have to deal with it to get better game :cool:

i cant wait to see those last 3 points in action since researches and long term are always nice in any game, also this game made me more interested in Mars and space stuff so encyclopedia idea sounds cool, fun and interesting thing to read/watch

Glad to hear your excitement :) I'm hoping the new direction will appeal to everyone more than the current system.

The tech level is definitely one thing that will make it more interesting as well.

As a side note, the new development build is packing as I type :)

"failed to start game (unknown error)" steam message

also how is it possible that this is only 44mb patch? its quite big, new map, systems etc, something went wrong? :3

Edited by FeltHat

Copy and paste of my answer here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166891-Unable-to-start-after-update

Same here !

Information :

Beta Development build version, work fine with the "standard" version.

After a quick check TKOM.exe is a 0ko file size and it is the cause of the problem.

I have try to delete and make a game cache check from steam but the issue still here, it download again a 0Ko file.

I have try to copy the "non development" version of the file but it is incompatible.

300mb update, here we go!

i hoped Lyot Crater would be available :3

also i hope that new stuff will come quite fast, theres no will to play if ya know saves wont work in the future :P unless ya play some cool scenarios :cool:

Edited by FeltHat

135.4Mb for me and game into 0.8.0240 is working and compatible with previous save !!!

Thanks you devs for this really fast fix !

Hey guys, sorry for the error, it seems the build broke. We set a new one to go. For now I reverted to an older build which worked. Fingers crossed the new build works correctly

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Ok, a new fixed build is up. There appears to be a problem with a location or two, so that is the first task on our list as soon as we get to the office in the morning.