Sign in to follow this  
felthat

Take On Mars Development branch discussion

Hey guys, sorry for the error, it seems the build broke. We set a new one to go. For now I reverted to an older build which worked. Fingers crossed the new build works correctly

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Ok, a new fixed build is up. There appears to be a problem with a location or two, so that is the first task on our list as soon as we get to the office in the morning.

Confirmed working! :) Also, was this update to add the mission-target-generator?

Confirmed working! :) Also, was this update to add the mission-target-generator?

The mission generator is already in there for some time - they are the bright blue (aqua?) colored targets, displayed slightly smaller than others.

buggy racer on Lyot is awesome :cool:

dunno if its intentional but when u lose engine, wheels gettin blocked so you cant even roll or drive with thruster alone (major problem :D)

The mission generator is already in there for some time - they are the bright blue (aqua?) colored targets, displayed slightly smaller than others.

Will try once i get home and report any bugs ( if there are any) :) And how does the wheater-preformance-issue coming?

Any news on anything Dram? It's quite silent here, i miss those days with daily updates :P

Has the performance been improved after first release? TBH i couldn't really play the game properly, hoped for it to be fixed.

well, they added some stuff and then improved some performance, its hard to say without knowin' what was yer problem

try it now, but make sure to run new space program

Hi guys, sorry about the lack of news - we are hard at work on the Global Objectives system, the Technology Tree, Mars 3 as a vehicle, and the landing systems overhaul. A LOT going on, but all of it game breaking until it is completed, hence the lack of updates. By the end of the week these things will be completed and normal daily updates will resume. The main branch will also be updated by the end of the week or early next week.

Yay, Dram is back :cool: cant wait for new update, sounds rly exciting

I was finally able to check out the new game version with the objectives and tech tree systems and would like to provide some quick feedback.

- Tech tree: you absolutely need to make those left/right arrows clickable. It took me over an hour of confused research until I discovered I had to grab (at what actually?) and drag the screen to the left in order to see more tech tree options. Even more confusing is the fact that dragging seems not to work in the list on the left, there you need to interact with a scroll bar. Such inconsistent UI behavior is quite confusing and irritating.

After I finally figured it out, I also discovered there are a lot more objectives then I initially thought ;-)

- Probes: are pretty boring at the moment because of the lack of interaction necessary. Launch, sit there while they go down, collect payment, rinse, repeat. I would at least have expected to be required to snap a picture or two during the descent (I can already do that of course, but is neither necessary nor will it in any way influence the outcome of the mission).

- Crash: I experienced a crash when visiting the "example add-on location" crater to the left on Mars and trying to zoom/pan the map. Those were the error messages I got before the game closed completely:

Mars000_zps8ea87ca4.jpg

Mars001_zps0cb06b77.jpg

After the crash, of course it turns out I did not save anything, so I will have to start from scratch again... at least I get to do the Mars-3 introductory mission again, I really liked that one :-)

And to add: What about the Mars 3 probe? Can we continue with that or is that just left to be? And i do get a message on my screen about the wheater at the crater where the Mars 3 landed in the game., so i presume there are something to do with it?

And to add: What about the Mars 3 probe? Can we continue with that or is that just left to be? And i do get a message on my screen about the wheater at the crater where the Mars 3 landed in the game., so i presume there are something to do with it?

It only worked for 20 seconds when it was launched so..... :p

You could make it a sightseeing object from it, shows the lander and the capsule like it would be today.

The Mars 3 lander is only at the start of the game, but you will get to visit it later on, though no longer control it. This part is not yet complete.

We are also planning on making a scenario around it.

noctovision+north pole at night=eyesplosion ;)

oh thanks to that i discovered bug: if u quit with nocto on it stays in main menu, u see green mars

also, what happened to noctovision? it looks... different, more glowy

Edited by FeltHat

noctovision+north pole at night=eyesplosion ;)

oh thanks to that i discovered bug: if u quit with nocto on it stays in main menu, u see green mars

also, what happened to noctovision? it looks... different, more glowy

Oh! cheers for the info, we'll look into what happened there.

We went and overhauled the night vision, making it more realistic, similar to this:

http://www.privacysos.org/sites/all/images/Night_vision.jpg (568 kB)

Additionally we also added thermal vision (3 modes) accessible via B, though you may need to reset controls to default or map it manually in the keybindings. These view modes are in preparation for something big coming soon.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Fixed :) Will be available in the next build.

whoa, i thought that racer just didnt have any thermal vision, used default button and its set correctly now.

MAN, THAT TRIP, spawn buggy racer on north/south pole, use thermal vision, free drugs- no need to thank me, thank bis :cool:

Its not important but should shadow change temperature detection in real time? i mean u cant see shadow in real life in thermal v, unless it stays long enough to make surface colder :P I know in game we have just colorful stains, i wonder if theres a way to exclude it from thermal effect

edit:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/felthat/screenshots/?appid=244030&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

FeltHat's trip on Mars :D

Edited by FeltHat

Hi guys, I found a bug. When I load my game and it takes me to the control room I can't do anything. What I mean is that stuff that is clickable isn't, so I can't do anything, not even go to the screen to connect to my vehicle. Love the game hope this gets fixed, thanks.

Ok, I tried the Gale Crater Scenario and the same thing happened, nothing is clickable. The only thing I can do is drive the rover with the WASD keys, but nothing else, so I can't really play the game right now.

@ FutureMartian...this is not really the thread to ask these questions, but anyway:

It sounds as if you get a windows-thing popping-up in the background....like a firewall warning, for a Steam-application that wants internet-access, for example.

Which type of cursor do you see, when it happens? The game-cursor, or the typical windows-type?

It happens again, Alt-Tab out of your game, and see if some menu has come up on your desktop.

Hi Paajtor, thanks for helping me. When I play the game I'm seeing the game cursor, and when I hit Alt-Tab to check to see if there was anything, there wasn't, so there wasn't anything in the background that I know of. Could this just be a bug with the newest update? Because this never happened to me before. Thanks again.

Maybe you should check if your ingame graphics settings conflict with your driver settings.

Pay attention to VSync and Physics in particular (maxed out physics can be demanding for your PC).