Sign in to follow this  
gravedancer

Counter insurgency PVP/PVE

Updated Aug 8 2015

Based on the very popular domination and insurgency game mods, this mission takes it a step further.

Blueforce/Nato must conquer the island by defeating the Opfor forces
Independents are allied with Opfor and must stop or slow the the Bluefor advance by any means possible. (Think of them as supported by a far off government or power).

Version 1.52

Drop Box
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0u04vm0ypa6pao/Counter%20Insurgency-1052.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Steam Workshop

http://gravesyard.boards.net/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Gyaidayz

V1.052

Huge performance improvements (i get a solide 40-60 frames)

Added Zues funtionality for Admins

Replaced vehicle spawn scripts, vehicles will no longer respawn with players in them

Huran Vas support

Replaced Halos with ATM Halo

V1.038 Hotfix

Fixed Respawn Bug
Fixed Some helo spawn locations

V1.036

Updated EOS system
OPfor tanks, AA systems and heavy vehicles now act properly
Added New Blue base the "wreck"
Tweaked Blue runway, making it easier to identify during the day.
Fixed some small bugs.
Tweaked Max TK limit. Its now 3 punished TKs and player is booted until mission restart
Added Anti TK sentrys
NE of island is now Marked "Nato secure, Independents approaching the Blue base will receive a 500M warning, If they continue to advance the 500M they will simply die. This is not something I really wanted to do but felt forced due to the constant base sniping.
Fixed Independents Helo repair pad
Up-sized some AO to 100x100 for a more dynamic battlefield.

V 1.02

Removed death area for insurgent in Blufor main
Enabled grenade stop by BAKE in Blufor main
Increased area of SACME warning message
Added Halo at one Insurgent base
Removed some excess vehicles
Changed Insurgent Black orca into a red orca
Removed AI Helo's, they were ineffective and now its the Role of independents to attack via helo (See red orca)
Added more AO locations.
Removed some WIP files
Changed Re-spawn Text color

Moved Independents base, They can now properly take off in jets.
Added Knife kills (Thanks Zod)
Completely restructured the Nato Base, better flow of aircraft.
Proper fixed wing rearm/repair
New AO's
Unlocked Mortars

Version .98

Both teams recieved Jets, Tanks, Mobile AA, Repair/Refuel vehicles, New IFVs
Moved some Green Bases
Removed MHQ's. We did not need them AND Halo.
Independents and aircraft no longer spawn AI, This should help the FPS
Increased player count up to 30
Rearranged Bluefors base a bit. Vehicles should no longer spawn in the compound.

You can play test on my DEV build server, just filter "graves Yard"

Special thanks...

BangaBob for the EOS
TAW_Tonic for the Virtual ammobox system,
Naong for the INS revive
Any many others for the great scripts and treasure trove of knowledge in these forums and Armaholic.

Edited by gravedancer

I've played a few hours on a previous version and it seems like you're on to something here. I would suggest limiting the number of GREENFOR slots available relative to the number of BLUFOR players connected, as at one point I saw eight GREEN and no BLU. The classic Arma 2 Insurgency did this well, offering a configurable ratio of BLU to OPFOR players. I also don't feel as though GREEN is an unknown quantity - I'd like to feel more like a "spoiler" than just OPFOR in a green vest. Maybe greatly limiting GREEN assets so that more thought needs to be put into GREEN gameplay?

Don't get me wrong, I like where you are going with this and I'm not trying to get you to reconstruct Insurgency for A3. I hope you can find a way to capitalize on the possibilities inherent in a multi-force scenario. I'll be watching (and playing) with great interest!

I've played a few hours on a previous version and it seems like you're on to something here. I would suggest limiting the number of GREENFOR slots available relative to the number of BLUFOR players connected, as at one point I saw eight GREEN and no BLU. The classic Arma 2 Insurgency did this well, offering a configurable ratio of BLU to OPFOR players. I also don't feel as though GREEN is an unknown quantity - I'd like to feel more like a "spoiler" than just OPFOR in a green vest. Maybe greatly limiting GREEN assets so that more thought needs to be put into GREEN gameplay?

Don't get me wrong, I like where you are going with this and I'm not trying to get you to reconstruct Insurgency for A3. I hope you can find a way to capitalize on the possibilities inherent in a multi-force scenario. I'll be watching (and playing) with great interest!

For sure, these are all things that I intend on doing as we leave the Dev and hit stable build. Right now the main focus has been testing the mission for interest, and improving the FPS. Once the main mission and assets are stable/bug free I plan on reworking the team balance issues.

Glad you all like it.

anywhere to download the pbo for those of us who don't like to use the workshop?...is there readme/guide of sorts to explain how to play/features?

anywhere to download the pbo for those of us who don't like to use the workshop?...is there readme/guide of sorts to explain how to play/features?

I'm a server admin and i must quote:)

Upvote !

How are we suppose to host a 30 player mission on a client type server ? Dedicated server is almost not enough for it.

Please release PBO for this interesting mission !

Version 1.036 now available.

See link for change log, get it while its hot.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162963-Counter-insurgency-PVP-PVE&p=2487357#post2487357

We've played your mission today for a while and had a lot of fun.

But there have been some things which bothers us.

We played on the insurgent side and had way too much vehicle.

As a local guerrilla you should not have modern tanks and jets, except you steal them.

We did a great asymmetric warfare with mines, satchels and rpgs.

No need for high tech. You should give the opfor side some of those Toyotas (with mounted weapons) and maybe an unarmed heli. That's all you need.

Please think about that and this could be a mission which makes so much fun like fireballs original.

Edit:

Vehicles like these would be fabulous:

TU52Ppeh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n7l1YyVh.jpg (105 kB)

Edited by [LB] boggler

That's some good food for thought, and I have wanted to dummy down the tech on the independent side but I am restricted by the poor choice of equipment in the current release. For example in ARMA 2 we had tons of armed pick up trucks and low tech tech gear available to us. Unfortunately BIS has not supplied us with those "tools" in Arma 3. And if I use the few addons that the community has released the mission will be unplayable for most players because they don't know how to install them :(

I can though make some adjustments to the current mission removing the Jets, heavy tanks, and AA from the Independents, this should help support the play style your looking for. If this is something your interested in just let me know and I will create an alternate version.

boggler;2514995']We've played your mission today for a while and had a lot of fun.

But there have been some things which bothers us.

We played on the insurgent side and had way too much vehicle.

As a local guerrilla you should not have modern tanks and jets' date=' except you steal them.

We did a great asymmetric warfare with mines, satchels and rpgs.

No need for high tech. You should give the opfor side some of those Toyotas (with mounted weapons) and maybe an unarmed heli. That's all you need.

Please think about that and this could be a mission which makes so much fun like fireballs original.

Edit:

Vehicles like these would be fabulous:

[url']http://i.imgur.com/TU52Ppeh.jpg[/url]

http://i.imgur.com/n7l1YyVh.jpg (105 kB)