Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

Massive update incoming!

Version 2.0

• Overhauled waypoint command
  • Added another menu with a number of setwaypoint commands. Default keybind is B.
  • Waypoints now work with vehicles
  • Can have multiple waypoint sets for different units
  • added add another wp after the waypoint activated (from the new menu)
  • Added a delete wp command
  • Added a remove WP command
  • Added wait on WP command
  • Added cycle WP command
  • Added disembark non-essential personel from vehicles command
  • Added Eject from vehicles command. Works on pilots even and if the vehicle is an aircrat, units will parachute out AND keep their backpack strapped to their stomach till they land.
  • Added player eject command that will eject player and all selected units. Will also use parachute if available.
  • Tweaked helicopter height command to include low profile flying.
  • Added an attitude submenu to infantry commands that includes role-playing commands
  • added stow weapon command. Thanks TPW.
  • Added toggle night vision and goggles command. Thanks TPW.
  • Added a sitdown command.
  • Added careless mode command.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v2.0.zip

The new waypoint is obviously new so there might be bugs. Please report them to me. The new menu accessed by B button, will have commands to edit existing waypoints. You can access them before even activating the waypoint. I hope that it is intuitive enough. Have fun and do tell me what do you think because I have put a lot of work into this update.

Edit: Do make sure to copy the userconfig folder to Arma 3 again because of the added parameter for the second menu.

@sttosin thanks for trying, it was a problem on my end.

Edited by Windwalking

:butbut: wow....

Can't wait to take her for a spin but gotta go to work -what is this mysterious 'attitude RPG submenu"?

:butbut: wow....

Can't wait to take her for a spin but gotta go to work -what is this mysterious 'attitude RPG submenu"?

Just non combat commands that add to the immersion. Like sit down and talk. Stow your weapons when walking into a town. U know. I am planning on expanding on it.

Maybe even make them tell a joke!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome! Loving the mod mate :) Really sorry to bring this up again, but can you please include the "force limited speed" on infantry units? Coz when you get them to move to a location, they are able to sneak and cautiously approach it (rather than running there). Getting them to go "silent" doesnt get them to move slowly.

Awesome! Loving the mod mate :) Really sorry to bring this up again, but can you please include the "force limited speed" on infantry units? Coz when you get them to move to a location, they are able to sneak and cautiously approach it (rather than running there). Getting them to go "silent" doesnt get them to move slowly.

I really feel your pain. I want that too. However I am having trouble by passing the danger fsm for the AI. I have contacted a BIS developer with a repro and he is looking into it.

My plans of getting the AI to shoot at my target a grenade or rocket failed as well due to a bug in defire command. The bug was confirmed.

Hmm, just tried to place a waypoint and got an

#[_pos] spawn ww_selectWP       error type script expected bool

-error and no waypoint.

Hmm, just tried to place a waypoint and got an
#[_pos] spawn ww_selectWP       error type script expected bool

-error and no waypoint.

First click on any of the waypoints of the group u want to add to, then click to start adding waypoints to it. It's done that way to be able to add to different waypoint sets since u can have that. The error message is harmless but I will remove it the next update. It's just a warning really.

I might just remove the first step if there is only one set of waypoints there. I don't know.

I really feel your pain. I want that too. However I am having trouble by passing the danger fsm for the AI. I have contacted a BIS developer with a repro and he is looking into it.

My plans of getting the AI to shoot at my target a grenade or rocket failed as well due to a bug in defire command. The bug was confirmed.

Bugger, sucks to hear :( Could it not be as simple as using the "setspeedmode" http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSpeedMode on the player's group? I dont have any experience in coding, but if it anything like commanding units in commander mode, or with waypoints, then the principle of ordering your group to move "tactically and silently" will work the same way.

Unless your ideas are more ambitious? lol Keep up the great work anyways :) Just thought I might check if my idea was scrapped completely, or if it might still be WIP.

Thanks!

p.s. on a side note, if this works, maybe a setspeedmode to "FULL", and a command such as "Fall Back" might be fun to try impliment in the future too :P you know, a sudden "retreat" command. Anyhoo see what u think

Bugger, sucks to hear :( Could it not be as simple as using the "setspeedmode" http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSpeedMode on the player's group? I dont have any experience in coding, but if it anything like commanding units in commander mode, or with waypoints, then the principle of ordering your group to move "tactically and silently" will work the same way.

Unless your ideas are more ambitious? lol Keep up the great work anyways :) Just thought I might check if my idea was scrapped completely, or if it might still be WIP.

Thanks!

p.s. on a side note, if this works, maybe a setspeedmode to "FULL", and a command such as "Fall Back" might be fun to try impliment in the future too :P you know, a sudden "retreat" command. Anyhoo see what u think

Sadly I tried that command as well. Danger mode still overrides it. I tried a whole lot of commands actually and danger mode trumps them all sigh.

Let us know if you get anywhere with devs helping you in danger.fsm.

EDIT: Just had a play with the new WP system. It seems a little flakey presently. I have tried with all mods, then only CBA present, but when I select a team mate and SET WAYPOINT, there is no problem and off he goes. However, when in the map, and I press B, then use Middle Mouse button to select ADD WP, it will happen once in about 20 tries. Likewise with MOVE WP. Is there a trick to it I'm not getting ? Do I need to have the unit doing the waypoints selected again?

Edited by Kremator

Thanks for the update, will try as soon as that Steam crap is done DL'ng 3+ GB extra data!

/KC

Let us know if you get anywhere with devs helping you in danger.fsm.

EDIT: Just had a play with the new WP system. It seems a little flakey presently. I have tried with all mods, then only CBA present, but when I select a team mate and SET WAYPOINT, there is no problem and off he goes. However, when in the map, and I press B, then use Middle Mouse button to select ADD WP, it will happen once in about 20 tries. Likewise with MOVE WP. Is there a trick to it I'm not getting ? Do I need to have the unit doing the waypoints selected again?

You need to first select any waypoint by clicking on it. I have it as a hint on the map. I may change that behavior since its confusing people.

Perhaps have B take over placing all waypoints, instead of having to do it from another menu ?

I could add an edit way point command to the menu that will link to the menu that B is linking to. However the confusion I mean is the need for u to select a way point group before editing it. I will add a visual queue somehow. However now that u know how to use it, it's working for u?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

I could add an edit way point command to the menu that will link to the menu that B is linking to. However the confusion I mean is the need for u to select a way point group before editing it. I will add a visual queue somehow. However now that u know how to use it, it's working for u?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

I tested this a bit tonight. Good work Windwalking. I really like the multiple waypoints for different squad/units.

Some feedback.

Clicking "B" button brings up the waypoint menu. Clicking it again does not do anything. It should toggle. Using "B" may not be the best key. Why not num_7. I think "B" is binoculars for default.

As far as how to interface the new waypoint commands. I would set it up as such:

Num_9 brings up the complementary menu. 4 - "Waypoints" and then within that you'll have 1. set waypoint 2. add waypoint 3. delete waypoint 4. move waypoint, etc. If someone pressed any other key besides set waypoint without any waypoints alreay set it just launches the map with hint to set waypoint. That way you only need one key to call up complementary menu. It groups things together nicely. What do you think?

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

K one more observation. If you place waypoint, then apply wait on WP, then move the waypoint. The wait circle remains where the unit was while the new WP moves to where you've placed it. IF you then want to remove the wait you have to click on the new waypoint at its new position while the yellow circle is still at the old waiting WP. It was not completely intuitive. Maybe if clicking on the wait circle would cause the unit(s) to then move to newly moved waypoint.

Edited by sttosin

Thanks a lot for the report. I was thinking of something similar. I will update it again today if I can. if not then on Sunday.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

A new version. Removed some of the confusion. No idea why I thought a new keybind is the way to go. Cant remember why I went with that heh. Anyway its better now.

Version 2.02

• Added the submenu Waypoints to the main menu that includes everything WP
  • removed keybinding to the waypoint menu now that it is in the main menu
  • For Add WP, you no longer need to select a wp first before being able to add IF there is only one set of waypoints on the map. If there are more, u still have to select any WP from the group you want to start adding to it.
  • a few hint bugfixes for the waypoint commands

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v2.02.zip

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Love the mod WindWalking - is it possible for you to put it on the Play with Six modlist?

Love the mod WindWalking - is it possible for you to put it on the Play with Six modlist?

I have been trying to make a post on pws forums to add my mods but for some reason I always get an error. I think anyone can upload my mod to pws?

Thanks a lot for the report. I was thinking of something similar. I will update it again today if I can. if not then on Sunday.

Anytime. I will test this new version tonight and report back. Thanks for improving the Arma 3 SP experience!

Still a bit baffled by waypoint system although I appreciate you placing it all in one menu. It seems that after you Set your waypoints and close the map, the unit(s) start moving straight toward waypoint #0 -so in the meantime you need to pull up the menu system again before they reach there to tell them to Wait on WP -correct? Meaning if your trying to pull off a synchronized attack from different directions.

Also, the Wait on Waypoint doesn't work for me. They do call out "Waiting" for a moment and then continue on to WP #1.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Ahh ok -got the Wait to work -you must click on the actual waypoint and then a yellow circle appears -hehe. But now, where is the Advance button....:o