Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

New version uploaded. Added a couple of good commands. Still struggling with force move. Why BIS? why make danger behavior so freaking deterministic? *cries*

Version 0.95

• Added the ability to clear building from threat. Point at the building and have the AI clear it for you.
  • Added command for AI heli pilot to fly and land at designated area on the map.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.95.zip

New version. This one has a feature I have been begging BIS for heh. Also I wont be able to work on the mod till after Sunday. Keep adding ideas on this thread though.

Version 0.98

• Add multiple waypoints for units on the map. they will go through in order
  • few changes to the menu layout

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.98.zip

You legend!

Absolutely stunning, Windwalking! Looking forward to trying this out when I get home.

Thank you! :-D

Nice work, thank you for new version ! :bounce3:

This mod is a pure life saver, I don't know what I'd do without it, I had an idea last night before I went to bed, but I forgot it now, rats... I'll edit if I remember! Keep up this amazing work buddy!

I'm not getting the AI landing EXACTLY where I place the LZ. Is it possible to force them (or even threaten a court martial!) to land on the spot you dictate ?

I'm not getting the AI landing EXACTLY where I place the LZ. Is it possible to force them (or even threaten a court martial!) to land on the spot you dictate ?

Lol. Can't I am sorry. They will try to land where they can in the general area.

I'm really liking this mod - the group heal is amazingly useful and, like I said before, un-sticking yourself and the AI is a real mission saver.

When I tried testing out the new waypoint system I got a few errors. One error popped up when creating the waypoints and one popped up when cancelling them. This is from the RPT file:

ww_cancelWP = false;

{
_x joinSilent player;
}foreach _selectedUni>
 Error position: <joinSilent player;
}foreach _selectedUni>
 Error joinsilent: Type Object, expected Array
File WW_AIMENU\cancelWP.sqf, line 8

Error in expression <[_pos, ww_selectedHelis] spawn ww_create>
 Error position: <[_pos, ww_selectedHelis] spawn ww_create>
 Error Type Script, expected Bool

yea "joinsilent" and "join" require an array even if it's only one unit. [_x] joinsilent player.

The whole idea is to override the stupid AI and get them to land exactly where you want. Is that possible ?

Fixed the bug. Thanks for the report.

Really appreciate the regular updates for this awesome piece of work.

The whole idea is to override the stupid AI and get them to land exactly where you want. Is that possible ?

I will try to make it more accurate. I could add an invisible helipad to land on. AI seems to prefer landing on it. Then delete it.

That would be great. I remember that Mandoble did have a script that could make a helo land on the tiniest area. Would be awesome if you could emulate something like that.

That would be great. I remember that Mandoble did have a script that could make a helo land on the tiniest area. Would be awesome if you could emulate something like that.

I will try. Though I have tons to do yet.

Waypoints eh, pretty spiffy :)

I did manage to break them however by sending two man squad with 2 waypoints and after hitting the first one I gave them a Stop command. I wanted to see if there was a way to get them to pause at a waypoint so I could actually get some synchronization going. Anyways, I then gave a Return Formation command and the second waypoint was still visible on the map. One of my squaddies however returned and no longer had a Move command over his icon while the other guy was confused with a Move icon but was frozen. I then tried cancelling the waypoints but it remained nevertheless.

I think I broke the waypoints too! After 2 of a 4 waypoint route (great job BTW!) I issued a Return to Formation command. One of my 4 man team came back the others kept going. The one that returned soon after went back to WP3! I also noticed that the soldiers all clump together on the WP - great for tight formation marching :)