Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

First of all thank you very much Windwalking! You made a dream of proper ai controls more come true:) How do think is it possible to make a command for controlled ai's to occupy positions in building pointed to? I mean when pick a whole squad and tell them to move to building so that they get there and pick random positions. Because now they all get into one postion. Thanks and sry for my bad english:blush:

First of all thank you very much Windwalking! You made a dream of proper ai controls more come true:) How do think is it possible to make a command for controlled ai's to occupy positions in building pointed to? I mean when pick a whole squad and tell them to move to building so that they get there and pick random positions. Because now they all get into one postion. Thanks and sry for my bad english:blush:

I have plans for doing so yes. I will just have to work out a good script for doing so. Coming soon however.

Thanks for promt reply and for all your efforts to make this game better.

Very much true yeah. I also use a heavily modified GlovePIE script for voice commands to go with commanding the AI. It works quite well. If someone wants it I ca share it.

It would be really nice.

Also this

shows commands with vac and i think it could be good too.

New added goodies:

Version 0.9

• Added the ability to change keybind in the user config file
  • Added ability to control primary weapon Lights on/off (Thanks TPW for the script)
  • Added ability to control suppressors on/off for AI
  • Added ability to control IR Laser ON/Off for AI
  • Added the ability to control Engine on/off for vehicles in your group

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.9.zip

What I have planned now is to make the AI garrison buildings you point at. I am sure it will be a pain :D

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

It would be really nice.

Also this

shows commands with vac and i think it could be good too.

I have already shared the link on the OP at the end of it. I have also tried VAC, I have developed a profile for it. But its a paid app and GlovePIE works just as good so no point really.

Hey WindWalking,

Thanks on this new release. DId you ever see this ....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93029-This-is-amazing&highlight=lining+building

It was never released but would have been amazing to have. Is this something that you think could be in the scope of your addon ?

Very interesting. I could work on something like that, though that could take some time. However if anyone writes or finds a script they wish to add to the menu I wouldn't be happy to. Help is appreciated, there is a lot to do to better control AI squad.

I'm all over this mod, great to see how this is developing so far, all the best with the AI garrison.

As someone who enjoys SP gameplay, the fruits of your labour are greatly appreciated.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very interesting. I could work on something like that, though that could take some time. However if anyone writes or finds a script they wish to add to the menu I wouldn't be happy to. Help is appreciated, there is a lot to do to better control AI squad.

Take your time mate. What we have seen so far from you is amazing.

I can't see to find a way to do that no. I will add configurable keybind tomorrow and the ability to force squad to just run at full speed and ignore cover. Helps getting them around under fire or to catch up.

Curious if this was added :)

This mod is worth it just for the Unstuck Unit command alone - brilliant!

If a unit doesn't have a weapon (say it's a hostage that just joined your group), would it be possible to have an action to get that unit to grab a weapon without using the inventory screen -- similar to how Rearm works?

Edit: I can't seem to get the Heal Safe to work quite right. In the editor, I've added a blufor rifle squad including medic, with me as leader. I've set damage of all units to 0.4. When I preview the mission and Select All units -> Num 9 -> Heal Up -> Safe, the medic will heal himself, but he won't heal the other units and they don't heal themselves.

Edited by ebarstad

This mod is worth it just for the Unstuck Unit command alone - brilliant!

If a unit doesn't have a weapon (say it's a hostage that just joined your group), would it be possible to have an action to get that unit to grab a weapon without using the inventory screen -- similar to how Rearm works?

Edit: I can't seem to get the Heal Safe to work quite right. In the editor, I've added a blufor rifle squad including medic, with me as leader. I've set damage of all units to 0.4. When I preview the mission and Select All units -> Num 9 -> Heal Up -> Safe, the medic will heal himself, but he won't heal the other units and they don't heal themselves.

This sounds like a bug. I will test it out.

Edit: Ok I tested it out and it works fine. The medic went around and healed everyone. I am not sure what is the issue for you? Could u try again and tell me?

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

New version. I added the Garrison building command. Thanks TPW for the code snippet.

Version 0.92

• Added Garrison building command to the menu. Point at a nice building and off they go. Early code might have bugs though

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.92.zip

Edited by Windwalking

I added configurable keybind in the config so yeah.

I was meaning the "Force Move" :o

Looking forward to that feature for things like incoming artillery or needing to quickly get my guys to a forest treeline because of incoming armor/airship/artillery etc.. Would be awesome if AI also had this ability though I suppose it could be mission breaking..

• Like 1

I was meaning the "Force Move" :o

Looking forward to that feature for things like incoming artillery or needing to quickly get my guys to a forest treeline because of incoming armor/airship/artillery etc.. Would be awesome if AI also had this ability though I suppose it could be mission breaking..

I am having trouble having this feature bug free. However I am tinkering with it to work fine. I do know that a buggy command will be neglected because it will get in your way sometimes/unreliable. So trying to make it more reliable.

It looks like the medic wasn't healing anyone other than himself because I'd told the squad to Stop first so that I could move without them following me to get a better view of how the action worked. When I had them regroup, selected all, and safe healed, the medic went around to everyone.

I am having trouble having this feature bug free. However I am tinkering with it to work fine. I do know that a buggy command will be neglected because it will get in your way sometimes/unreliable. So trying to make it more reliable.

Ok great man, big fan of your work and looking forward to it.

The Garrison works pretty seemless, just point at any building, even far away, and your guys do a quick run thru. They do return to formation but a simple "Wait for Me" will keep them garrisoned. Not to add more work to your table, but one thing Vanilla AI has always had a problem with is entering the correct building a Player is hidden in or shooting from. Could similar technique you used to just 'point and click' at a building be used for that? The way the AI did such a quick and pretty thorough house clear Ie ran upstairs, all sides of house, would seem to be ideal for that.

Oh my... thank you so much for this, a long time needed mod. BI Devs must look at this and implement something similar to the game, make a complete review of their commanding structure.

If I can ask for something:

Land command for helos (!!!);

Garrison command (really like this one) to work with map clicks.

Keep up bro!

Great ideas guys. Keep suggesting stuff like this. I will continue to collect them and add them in a work in progress section in the OP. looks like I will be working on this mod for a while to come heh.

When having vehicle ( or APC, Tank ) commander in squad under player's command would be just great to have those "slow forward" "slow back" commands for more precise vehicle positioning behind some concealment or cover.

• Like 1

^^ and this but being able to take over (even though you are gunner!) - YES I know it is not simulation but could be a good fun addon!

Great ideas guys. Keep suggesting stuff like this. I will continue to collect them and add them in a work in progress section in the OP. looks like I will be working on this mod for a while to come heh.

Its just GENIUS mate !

Oh man -this Garrison thing is a game changer! I set up quick mission with enemy Blufor starting in a building and the sent my fireteam in - everytime my guys approached the uni-level building from BOTH doors and the shootouts were great to watch. Because of the recent AI updates (quickturn), and yours and others AI mods -this is shaping up to be something really special.

Oh man -this Garrison thing is a game changer! I set up quick mission with enemy Blufor starting in a building and the sent my fireteam in - everytime my guys approached the uni-level building from BOTH doors and the shootouts were great to watch. Because of the recent AI updates (quickturn), and yours and others AI mods -this is shaping up to be something really special.

Really glad this is working out for you. I will probably add tomorrow a command to clear the building where the AI will go to every position in the building and clear it out. I will try as much as I can to not let the AI go to positions it can already see it is clear from where it is as well to speed it up.