Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

What is WW AIMenu

This is a really simple mod that adds a few needed commands for otherwise either buggy or incomplete behavior for friendly AI units in group. I can't live without those commands, but I am not sure of how useful the mod will be for most of you. I was hesitant of sharing this, but decided to do it anyway. I am keeping this mod as a platform to add other AI commands. So if you do have any ideas you want to add to the mod, please do share it with me here.

Features:

• Adds explosives list of all the explosives in the selected units. Point where you want them to be planted and the unit will place it there. You will get the set off if there is on in your action menu.
  • Safe mode heal. This heal command will allow the selected units to heal themselves up. If there is a medic, the medic will go around and heal everyone. If there are no medics, the units will share their extra First aid with others if they have it.
  • Combat mode heal. For this command, units will try to heal themselves up using first aid first. If there is a medic and the unit is not too far away, he will pop smoke if the unit's health is too low and will attempt to heal him. Units will attempt to share their first aid only if the distance is not too far off.
  • A rearm command that actually works. Point at the object you want them to rearm at and select that command.
  • Opens inventory for units to whatever object you point at. Allows inventory to be opened between units. If you are looking at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands. Same if no appropriate object is in your cursor
  • Adds control on engine on and off for all AI controlled vehicles in your group
  • Adds control on weapon accessories for AI like lights on/off supressor on/off and IRLaser on/off
  • Unstuck command for any units or vehicles the AI is in. If no units are selected, it unstucks the player.
  • Landing AI piloted heli on designated position. The AI pilot will fly to the designated area and land there. position is selected on the map.
  • Clearing buildings of threats. AI will attempt to clear the whole building then come out.
  • Add multiple waypoints for units to go to in order
  • Control in flight height for Aircrafts
  • Order AI to fly around an area. Choose the radius and the position.
  • A very featured waypoint system for units
  • Ability to eject from helicopters and use the parachute automatically

Features to be added:

• Forced move at full speed
  • Control AI vehicle when not in commander position
  • Rearm command to pick up weapons if out of ammo completely or no weapon already in hand

How to use

Simply select the units you want to give the commands for, and press numpad 9 key. You can change the keybind from the config file.

Change Logs

Version 2.15

• Fixed a bug with Land helicopter command, now it properly cancels when returning to formation or ordered to move away. Works only if farther away than 120m from the landing zone. Thats the only workaround I could find.
  • Added a marker on the map where the heli is ordered to land
  • Units will now move in formation when using Set Waypoint (That wasnt simple!!!!)
  • You can now cancel clearing building using return to formation
  • You can now select waypoints much more precisely even if close to each others.
  • *known issue* units will loop trying to clear barracks buildings. I will look into it.
  • added a 1m flight profile for helis
  • Increased the maximum number of waypoint groups possible to 12

Version 2.02

• Added the submenu Waypoints to the main menu that includes everything WP
  • removed keybinding to the waypoint menu now that it is in the main menu
  • For Add WP, you no longer need to select a wp first before being able to add IF there is only one set of waypoints on the map. If there are more, u still have to select any WP from the group you want to start adding to it.
  • a few hint bugfixes for the waypoint commands

Version 2.0

• Overhauled waypoint command
  • Added another menu with a number of setwaypoint commands. Default keybind is B.
  • Waypoints now work with vehicles
  • Can have multiple waypoint sets for different units
  • added add another wp after the waypoint activated (from the new menu)
  • Added a delete wp command
  • Added a remove WP command
  • Added wait on WP command
  • Added cycle WP command
  • Added disembark non-essential personel from vehicles command
  • Added Eject from vehicles command. Works on pilots even and if the vehicle is an aircrat, units will parachute out AND keep their backpack strapped to their stomach till they land.
  • Added player eject command that will eject player and all selected units. Will also use parachute if available.
  • Tweaked helicopter height command to include low profile flying.
  • Added an attitude submenu to infantry commands that includes role-playing commands
  • added stow weapon command. Thanks TPW.
  • Added toggle night vision and goggles command. Thanks TPW.
  • Added a sitdown command.
  • Added careless mode command.

Version 0.9965

• Various bugfixes regarding clicking on the map
  • Fixed bug that made the mod overwrites any other mod using keybinds.

version 0.994

• Added command to fly around an area with a set radius. Works on helis and jets. Cancel command by ordering back to formation.

Version 0.992

• Added command to control flight height. Works on jets and helos.

Version 0.991

• Added fire on my lead command. It will put the squad on hold fire until you fire.
  • all infantry commands are in the infantry section. Forgot that from previous changelog.

Version 0.99

• Land helicopter command now is very precise
  • Fixed set waypoints errors. Now use regroup command to cancel the waypoints.

Version 0.988

• Bug fixes

Version 0.98

• Add multiple waypoints for units on the map. they will go through in order
  • few changes to the menu layout

Version 0.95

• Added the ability to clear building from threat. Point at the building and have the AI clear it for you.
  • Added command for AI heli pilot to fly and land at designated area on the map.

Version 0.92

• Added Garrison building command to the menu. Point at a nice building and off they go. Early code might have bugs though

Version 0.9

• Added the ability to change keybind in the user config file
  • Added ability to control primary weapon Lights on/off (Thanks TPW for the script)
  • Added ability to control suppressors on/off for AI
  • Added ability to control IR Laser ON/Off for AI
  • Added the ability to control Engine on/off for vehicles in your group

Version 0.85

• Added ability to open inventory for units. The unit will move to the object you are pointing at and will open the inventory there with it. If you look at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands.
  • Added unstuck player if no units are selected for the unstuck command

Download:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v2.15.zip

Version:2.02

Date: 20130918

Authors:Windwalking

Requires: Community Base Addons for Arma 3

Bonus GlovePIE script

This is a script I modified based on a script by Suchy. If you do not know what glovePIE is, it's basically a free application that maps controls to anything. This script will allow for voice activated commands to control the AI squad. It has commands for WW AIMenu as well. I thought to share it with you.

How to use GLovePIE

Simply load the script in GlovePIE and press run. Make sure glovePIE is running as admin. Say "Activate voice commands" to activate it. After that use the push to talk button to command squads. The keybind for the push to talk is by default mouse button 4. You can change it in the script to whatever you like. Also command "Enable hands free" will disable push to talk for 45 minutes.

GlovePIE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/Arma3%20GlovePIE.zip

Edited by Windwalking
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive effort Wind, I particularly like the menu system. I'll be giving this one a good test out.

Very impressive effort Wind, I particularly like the menu system. I'll be giving this one a good test out.

Thanks TPW. I really wanted to add the ability to make AI fire grenades of launchers at designated positions. But the fire command is so bugged for them it's near impossible. If something change or someone points me out to the right direction I will add it.

Also thinking of adding a forced full speed command to the list. What do u think?

@Windwalking

Basically..congratulations for the release.Supplementary commands are real in need but..

respectfully if you wanna mess with AI behaviors and such..i 'll humbly suggest make it a different mod.

You will have to compete with ASR_AI :)

ASR_AI features

@Windwalking

Basically..congratulations for the release.Supplementary commands are real in need but..

respectfully if you wanna mess with AI behaviors and such..i 'll humbly suggest make it a different mod.

ASR_AI features

I do love ASR_AI. However the mod just adds manual commands. As far as I know ASR_AI doesn't add direct commands but rather executes them automatically. Both mods shouldn't interfere.

Thanks friend.

Hey..When the player wants to access AI's inventory..automatically AI runs to nearest object on-ground or nearest vehicle.

Do you think is there any way to open an AI's inventory where he stands?

I would love to do that yeah. I will look for a way to do it. Hopefully it would be easy.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Do you think is there any way to open an AI's inventory where he stands?

Done. I just uploaded the new version.

Version 0.85

• Added ability to open inventory for units. The unit will move to the object you are pointing at and will open the inventory there with it. If you look at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands.
  • Added unstuck player if no units are selected for the unstuck command

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.85.zip

Edited by Windwalking

@Windwalking

ASR_AI features

Completely different scope IMO. ASR AI tries to make AI do things by themselves while this mod looks like it's making it easier for the player to control the AI.

Completely different scope IMO. ASR AI tries to make AI do things by themselves while this mod looks like it's making it easier for the player to control the AI.

Thanks Robalo. Big fan of your mod :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Windwalking this looks a great piece of work, any idea if it will conflict with your WW AICover mod and TPW_EBS.

Hey Windwalking this looks a great piece of work, any idea if it will conflict with your WW AICover mod and TPW_EBS.

I always try to not break any other AI mods. I hate reinventing the wheel. This should work just fine with WW AICover and TPW EBS.

Thanks mate, that was exactly what i needed. Healing your squad just so much pain.

Very much true yeah. I also use a heavily modified GlovePIE script for voice commands to go with commanding the AI. It works quite well. If someone wants it I ca share it.

Just had a little blast with it WW. Really impressed. Is there anyway to put it into their AI's normal command menu without going through another keypress? Mapping it to another key would also be useful please. Good job!

Just had a little blast with it WW. Really impressed. Is there anyway to put it into their AI's normal command menu without going through another keypress? Mapping it to another key would also be useful please. Good job!

I can't see to find a way to do that no. I will add configurable keybind tomorrow and the ability to force squad to just run at full speed and ignore cover. Helps getting them around under fire or to catch up.

I would appreciate your GlovePIE script if you are willing to share, the one i run is quite basic, would like an alternative to work with.

Also just played for an hour with both WW AICover and TPW_EBS, total game changer for me, great great work Dude.

I would appreciate your GlovePIE script if you are willing to share, the one i run is quite basic, would like an alternative to work with.

Also just played for an hour with both WW AICover and TPW_EBS, total game changer for me, great great work Dude.

Here is the glovepie script. Say "Activate voice commands" at first to activate it. I have my push to talk keybind to mouse button 4. Do change it to what u like. It's marked with a comment. Also u can say "enable hands free" which will disable push to talk for 45 min. I have that timer because I often forget it active. Remember I used the script by Suchy as a base.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/Arma3%20GlovePIE.zip%00

Great concept! I love any mods that make interfacing with the AI easier. I would love to have a config for changing the key though.

Also I'm having a problem with compatibility when I install this mod, specifically with the Mag Repack mod. When I install this mod, Mag Repack ceases to function. Any idea what that is about?

Here is the glovepie script. Say "Activate voice commands" at first to activate it. I have my push to talk keybind to mouse button 4. Do change it to what u like. It's marked with a comment. Also u can say "enable hands free" which will disable push to talk for 45 min. I have that timer because I often forget it active. Remember I used the script by Suchy as a base.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/Arma3%20GlovePIE.zip%00

Sorry dude, link leads to a blank page for me.