Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Side Specific Briefings.

I am in the process of planning a mp mission in Arma 3 for Altis. I am just wondering if its possible to have side dependant briefings. What I am wanting to do, is have separate mission from each side. For example, East will try and take Neri, as they move toward the town, I trigger is set, which will signal the air unit at the main airport to send in a couple of helis to recon the area. so west would then be tasked to recon the area and radio back information on what they see. Should east capture neri, then that would be tasked with capturing kavala etc, but the west would be tasked with preventing this from happening, or if the towns are captured then be tasked to take back the town.

So I am just wondering whether or not its possible as a mp mission, other than coop, as I want both side units to be played by players and playable units. If so what would be the best way to proceed. I know scripting will be required, and I have been experimenting with some option with scripted units and waypoints. I am looking through various scripts that are out there both BIS created mission scripts and community members scripts.

Ok... simply try something like this...

["Tsk1","Save All Civilians"," we have to save all those civilians!!.",WEST],

["Tsk0","Kill All Civilians"," We have to kill all the civilians!!",EAST],

adding side parameter or groupid will run