Sign in to follow this  
Flax

Holster Sidearm Action

Sidearm Holster Action (SP/ Client Side MP) V0.6

Description:

This addon allows you to holster your sidearm so it is removed from your gear. Its purpose started as a script to allow players in my clan to be in base with no main weapon and a sidearm but use the normal walking animation. Other uses include Civ vs Player pvp matches where the BLUFOR have to find the terrorists in a town populated with AI civs before the player civs kill the BLUFOR.

Features:

- Holster and Unholster sidearm.

- SP and MP compatibility.

- Accessible from action menu.

- Remembers weapon attachments.

- Hide sidearm from other players in PVP situations.

Plans (no promises):

- Expand to hide/holster main weapon.

- Custom animations.

- Include pistol model on leg holster.

- Change from Action Menu to custom key.

- Add Server Keys.

Known Issues:

- Allows you to have second pistol when main is holstered.

- Other scripty things.

Download: LINKY

Version: 0.7

Date: 02/09/2013

Required Addons: CBA_A3

Any questions, suggestions or criticism just post it down below and I'll do my best to answer. I will be updating this regularly.

Edited by Flax_
Updated

This is very nice :) I remember requesting this because its something the vanilla game should have.

Thanks for the mod!

Updated to V0.7

Fixed bug where it steals a magazine from player.

Link on first post.

hmm it might be better if you could use a user-action key for the action instead

the purple/blue scroll wheel action shows up in my screen too often :p

the purple/blue scroll wheel action shows up in my screen too often

you can play around with the addaction properties to avoid that. if i remember correctly there's one called "hide on use" or something like that.

hmm it might be better if you could use a user-action key for the action instead

the purple/blue scroll wheel action shows up in my screen too often :p

Yea the original release was more of a proof of concept, a key press is on top priority and will be in either today or tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback though

Edited by Flax_

Ok Cheers, I'll reupload when i get home.

This will be very useful for me, I've always wanted to put away the weapons for various reasons. Is there a way to change weapons while it is hidden? Like if it was hidden and I selected a different weapon from a crate would the new weapon be hidden and the old weapon discarded?

hi to all I debuted in mission design, but could not you tell me not to what should be done to implement the script in a mission? which is to be created, added, modified?

thank you to everyone for your understanding.

@Vip3r, if i understand what you mean: The addon isn't done per mission but is run as an addon on the client of the game (ie yourself).

@Sakura_Chan, yes this wouldn't be too hard to implement. I will look into it once I startup the project again (see below).

I know the DL is broken, I had some problems with my old install of windows. I lost a load of stuff in the process of fixing/updating to 8.1 but should be good to go again soon.

Yea I know, I'm still trying to recover the data I lost sorry.