Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

Secret SimulWeather commands?

Need a wrapper for simul::clouds::BaseCloudRenderer::SetPrecipitation !

Need a wrapper for simul::clouds::BaseCloudRenderer::SetPrecipitation !

Those real commands?

simulWeatherSync

Found a description by looking at arma3.exe with a hexeditor ;)

simulWeatherSync....Synchronizes SW with arma weather, generates all keyframes

And lots more ..

SimulSetFog.SimulSetHelperDetail....SimulSetHelperGrid..SimulSetThinLayer...SimulSetWrap....SimulSetHelperNearCloudFade.SimulSetOvercastRangeKm.SimulSetOvercastBaseKm..SimulSetOvercast....SimulSetMieEccentricity.SimulSetHazeBaseHeightKm....SimulSetHazeScaleHeightKm...SimulSetHaze....SimulSetAtmosphereThickness.SimulSetDiffusivity.SimulSetMinimumLightElevationDegrees....SimulSetMieAsymmetry....SimulSetLightDetail.SimulSetSelfShadowScale.SimulSetSecondaryLightResponse..SimulSetAmbientLightResponse....SimulSetLightResponse...SimulSetExtinction..SimulSetAlphaSharpness..SimulSetFractalWavelength...SimulSetFractalAmplitude....SimulSetOpticalDensity..SimulSetNoisePeriod.SimulSetNoisePersistence....SimulSetNoiseOctaves....SimulSetNoiseResolution.SimulSetRandomSeed..SimulSetGridHeight..SimulSetGridWidth...SimulSetGridLength..SimulSetCloudBaseZ..SimulSetCentreY.SimulSetCentreX.SimulSetHumidity....SimulSetCloudHeight.SimulSetCloudLength.SimulSetCloudWidth..Simul weather command...setSimulWeatherLayers...layers..Sets simul weather layers...simulCloudOcclusion.[position1, position2]..Returns clouds occlusion between two given points (0 = no clouds, 1 = full clouds)..simulCloudDensity...Returns density of clouds at given position.....simulInClouds...Returns if given position is in clouds

Found a description by looking at arma3.exe with a hexeditor ;)

And lots more ..

SimulSetFog.SimulSetHelperDetail....SimulSetHelperGrid..SimulSetThinLayer...SimulSetWrap....SimulSetHelperNearCloudFade.SimulSetOvercastRangeKm.SimulSetOvercastBaseKm..SimulSetOvercast....SimulSetMieEccentricity.SimulSetHazeBaseHeightKm....SimulSetHazeScaleHeightKm...SimulSetHaze....SimulSetAtmosphereThickness.SimulSetDiffusivity.SimulSetMinimumLightElevationDegrees....SimulSetMieAsymmetry....SimulSetLightDetail.SimulSetSelfShadowScale.SimulSetSecondaryLightResponse..SimulSetAmbientLightResponse....SimulSetLightResponse...SimulSetExtinction..SimulSetAlphaSharpness..SimulSetFractalWavelength...SimulSetFractalAmplitude....SimulSetOpticalDensity..SimulSetNoisePeriod.SimulSetNoisePersistence....SimulSetNoiseOctaves....SimulSetNoiseResolution.SimulSetRandomSeed..SimulSetGridHeight..SimulSetGridWidth...SimulSetGridLength..SimulSetCloudBaseZ..SimulSetCentreY.SimulSetCentreX.SimulSetHumidity....SimulSetCloudHeight.SimulSetCloudLength.SimulSetCloudWidth..Simul weather command...setSimulWeatherLayers...layers..Sets simul weather layers...simulCloudOcclusion.[position1, position2]..Returns clouds occlusion between two given points (0 = no clouds, 1 = full clouds)..simulCloudDensity...Returns density of clouds at given position.....simulInClouds...Returns if given position is in clouds

Wait, so simulWeatherSync doesn't sync the weather for all players in multiplayer?!?

No. I don't know how often I heard someone saying it's raining while there is beautiful weather on my and or vice versa.

So any new info from anyone or the developers on if we have all the commands?

No. I don't know how often I heard someone saying it's raining while there is beautiful weather on my and or vice versa.

The non-synced weather in Arma 3 is just... funny. I really wish they would just make it so it syncs all the time. Anyway, I hope we get full control over the weather. Lots of cool things could be done with it.

The non-synced weather in Arma 3 is just... funny. I really wish they would just make it so it syncs all the time. Anyway, I hope we get full control over the weather. Lots of cool things could be done with it.

Technically there was a changelog that stated that the wind it's really synced now on A3, not that i have tested it, but... if not at least they tried :P. The full non weather/Wind/daytime sync it a bit absurd and generates weird situations, dunno why they didn't something about it long ago.

Edited by columdrum

Agreed whole heartedly on non-synched weather in MP being crazy at this point in the game. Was playing a TvT the other night, some guys had fog and could only see 500m, others were nice and clear and could see 2000. Guess who was doing better? :)

Wow, how did I miss this thread. Awesome stuff guys. Will be interesting to see where this goes. :)

I'm currently using setOvercast and setFog in a script and it's highly messed up. simulWeathersync is a ressource intensive command; 0 setOvercast x and there is no reaction, i.e. the first argument is broken; I've seen fog building up and it's always suddenly disappearing, rain whith no clouds and no matter if setOvercast and setRain have set to zero... As fpr weather scripting it seems to better come back when ArmA 3 is more grown up.

Wow, cannot believe i didn't find this post until now. Maybe with these, soon, someone can pull off the NIM Weather mod, but this time for Arma 3. I would love to see clouds at lower levels, much less, all weather features available to enhance immersion in Arma 3.

Why were a large amount of the simul weather commands removed? Greater control over weather is better, not worse.

How did THIS thread slip by me?!?!

Not only would it be nice to have better control over the weather but I had no idea that weather effects had such a bad MP sync problem! No one has any feedback tickets on these?

How did THIS thread slip by me?!?!

Not only would it be nice to have better control over the weather but I had no idea that weather effects had such a bad MP sync problem! No one has any feedback tickets on these?

Yea, hopefully the commands will all be made global and JIP compatible, along with having the simul sky sequencer in the Arma 3 tools. There are many tickets and they are assigned, the developers will fix this in time.

Any more news in terms of scripts and new features that have been added to TrueSKY/Simulwheather recently? I would love to test it flying With the new Advanced Flight Model in some different weather scenarios, as well as try adding some new weather features and possibilities via. Scripts.