Sign in to follow this  
Andrew_S90

Changing the Terrain

I have a goal in mind and I would love to find out how to do something like this..

I will use the Chernarus map for example here.. I have the Cherno map and I have addons downloaded to change the terrain of the map and I would like that terrain addon to be used when players join in to the multiplayer mod. But when I include it in the mod folder it doesn't work correctly, it only works if I include the mod in the direct arma launch properties..

Basically I want to use the different terrain from the normal Cherno when players load into my mod, but it isn't working out like so.

My thought was to create a "Cherno2" with the plants2_x overwritten with the different terrain but I am not sure how to go about that.. or is there any way I can go about doing this without having to do something like launch two mods at once.. like @Terrainchanges @mod ? and have the changes load in directly so everyone has the same terrain?

I am sorry if there is any confusion here. Hard to explain all of what I am doing here, but if you have any idea on how to go about doing this and can help me please post here or contact me on skype - andrew_s9010

I know most of Arma editing tools, how to sign pbos edit stuff and all that, know most of the BI tools too except visitor and O2, so I am not a total noob here.. but again I am stuck any help will be great!

First, some clarity:

Terrain/Map/Island = the land mass you are playing on, for example, Chernarus, Takistan, etc.

Mod/Add-on = extra content created by the community, for example, ACE, ACRE, JSRS, Blastcore, etc.

Mission = the scenario that you playing through.

You can't edit an existing terrain without the creator's permission, which you are not likely to get in this, or any other, case.

A mission built using certain mods will generally require all clients to be running those mods locally.

I know this much and what my goal was to use a terrain mod that modifies the terrain of the map just by replacing clutter files and trees etc. I wanted that visual output but I wanted other stuff in the mod besides that.. I want to add extra addons inside the mod folder to make it more complete and I wanted to know how to do this so I could avoid using two different mod folders..

So instead of

@mapchanges and @mod to launch I wanted to make it into one folder but use the visual enhancements on the terrain.. but its not working and I wanted to see if I had to tell it to use the changes or overwrite the plants2_trees.pbo from addons and put it in my mod folder.

So I came here because its more of a terrain question.

If that makes any sense, I am not looking to go in and edit cherno or anything, just use different terrain and stuff