How does this script do in performance ?  Those patrolling crafts do they take away a lot of cpu power ?  I'm just curious cause it sounds awesome and something I like to use in some dynamic missions I'm working on.  Personally I like to define a patrol area instead of an entire map though, but I haven't read all the features yet on this script:)  maybe it's in there

I haven't done any performance testing tbh. I suppose it'll perform ok as it only reads location information from the map config, spawns vehicles and generates waypoints. Unless you're spawning tons of patrols it shoud not negatively affect performance.

Area patrols should be easy. You can set a marker and specify a search radius for locations around that marker. The script will then only fetch locations within the specified range. Check the example mission files as that's what I've done there.

Hi can you help? when i download your demo i try to open them and they are empty no code etc, also i put the demo mission in correct place and go to editor i can see the mission name it starts up but theres not a thing showing in editor. This is the first time this has happened to me, it seems when i've downloaded the file there empty?

Hi :)

Did you find a solution? Because I have the same problem...??

Please be more specific. What exactly is the problem ? You've downloaded the archive and it's empty ? This sounds like a browser or packer/unpacker issue. Re-download using a different browser  and/or newer version of your packer/unpacker software. Personally I use 7zip. If this does not solve the issue please let me know the download location and I'll go check the file. If you want to look at the example missions in the Editor you should load them into the 3D Editor.

Also try if this download works for you.

The mission.sqm is not configured right to open in the normal editor?  Did you use another editor? Development 3D?

version=15;

The mission.sqm is not configured right to open in the normal editor?  Did you use another editor? Development 3D?

version=15;

Yes I'm using the 3D Editor.

Edited by demon cleaner

Very cool script!

Is it possible to have 2 different types of aircraft patrolling? I added this to a mission and had two hind gunships patrolling across the map, but what I would really like is to have a single hind and a single SU-25 but I couldn't get it working with two different aircraft types.

I`m way late to the party, but is it possible to use this script to spawn in jets? It works with Vanilla and even modded helos, but jets don`t seem to appear.

Edited by Alpine_gremlin

I've been looking for something like this for a long time.  I got it working - sort of... I'm getting this error in my server.rpt.  

Spoiler

21:53:15 Error in expression <ius = 50 + round (random 50);
_fpos = [(_mpos select 0) - ((sin _angle) * _radiu>
21:53:15   Error position: <_mpos select 0) - ((sin _angle) * _radiu>
21:53:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mpos
21:53:15 File dmc\fn_spawnAirPatrol.sqf [DMC_fnc_spawnAirPatrol], line 125
21:53:15 Error in expression <ius = 50 + round (random 50);
_fpos = [(_mpos select 0) - ((sin _angle) * _radiu>
21:53:15   Error position: <_mpos select 0) - ((sin _angle) * _radiu>
21:53:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mpos
21:53:15 File dmc\fn_spawnAirPatrol.sqf [DMC_fnc_spawnAirPatrol], line 125

But I do have two helis spawning in and patrolling.  But my framerate dropped from 50 down to 5 (if I'm lucky).  Anyone have any idea what may have changed with the latest Arma3 updates that would cause this error and cause my framerate to plummet?  I'm not really a programmer but I didn't see anything obviously wrong in the code.

Edit:  Turns out most of the above errors were due to BIS_fnc_param being obsoleted and replaced with param and params.   But now, I'm getting this error:

Spoiler
19:15:57 Error in expression <","_angle","_locPST_keep"];

_locSRD = params [0,5000,[0]];
_locPST = params [1,[>
19:15:57   Error position: <params[0,5000,[0]];
_locPST = params [1,[>
19:15:57   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String
19:15:57 File dmc\fn_spawnAirPatrol.sqf [DMC_fnc_spawnAirPatrol], line 14

I've been over and over this and haven't figured out what's wrong yet.  Here's the offending code.  Line 14 above corresponds to the first "params" line:

Spoiler
scriptName "DMC_SPAWN_AIR_PATROL";
private ["_radius","_fpos","_b","_spwArr","_spwVeh","_c","_nPat","_mkr","_locSSP","_nLocs","_posArr","_angArr","_a","_idx","_mpos","_angle","_locPST_keep"];
// Fetch arguments - try to compensate for user input errors
_locSRD = params [0,5000,[0]];
_locPST = params [1,[0,0],[0,[1,2]]];
_locRmc = params [2,"mkr_aoe_center",[""]];
_patVHT = params [3,"O_Heli_Attack_02_F",[""]];
_patSID = param [4,EAST];
_patALT = params [5,100,[0]];
_patROE = params [6,"YELLOW",["","BLUE","GREEN","WHITE","YELLOW","RED"]];
_patBEH = params [7,"SAFE",["","SAFE","AWARE","COMBAT","STEALTH"]];
_patSPE = params [8,"NORMAL",["","LIMITED","NORMAL","FULL"]];
_patWPT = params [9,"MOVE",["",["MOVE","SAD","DESTROY"]]];
_patSKL = params [10,0.95,[0,[0,1]]];
_patNUM = params [11,1,[0,[1,((count _locPST) - 1)]]];
_patMPT = params [12,300,[0]];
_patRND = param [13,TRUE];

Working on mission involving air patrol / CAS. Script not working 100% for me. After the Attack Heli destroyed, it doesn't spawn again  even though got line to do that?

Spoiler

// Wait for minimum patrol timer to run out
        sleep _mpt;

// Wait for patrol to be destroyed or immobilized (eg: ran out of fuel, crash landed ...)
        waitUntil {((!(alive vehicle _veh)) || (!(canMove vehicle _veh)))};

// Recursively call function to spawn a replacement patrol for the destroyed instance using user supplied parameters
        _air_patrol = [
            _srd,    // Search radius for patrol locations (Starting from map center position)
             _pst,    // Array of air patrol starting positions (Use whatever you like. Just make sure the result is a 2D position in format [x,y])
             _vht,    // Air patrol vehicle type (Anything that can fly and has a crew)
             _sid,    // Side of air patrol (West,East,Resistance,Civilian)
             _alt,    // Patrol altitude (Meters above ground)
             _roe,    // Patrol combat mode (Blue / Green / White / Yellow / Red)
             _beh,    // Patrol behaviour (Careless / Safe / Aware / Combat)
             _spe,    // Patrol speed (Limited / Normal / Full)
             _wpt,    // Waypoint type (Move / Sad / Destroy)
             _skl,    // Skill of the crew steering the patrol vehicle (0.0 - 1.0)
        4,            // Amount of air patrols to spawn (spawn positions will be randomized based on above defined marker locations)
             _mpt,    // Minimum patrol time (used as timer for alive / canMove check)
             _rnd    // Randomize waypoints (True / False)] call DMC_Air_Patrol;
        ] call DMC_fnc_spawnAirPatrol;
    };
};

// Return multidimensional array e.g: [[vehicle,[crew],group]]
_spwArr

I adjust the timer for it to patrol or respawn?

_patMPT = [_this,12,120,[0]] call BIS_fnc_param;

Any help to make it work will be much appreciated.