Sign in to follow this  
Acriax

Disabling automatic HALO over 100m

Hi, I'm attempting to create a small mod with jetpacks. Problem is, whenever the player gets above 100m up, HALO mode turns on, making him agile like a brickfilled bathtub. I've tried overriding bis_fnc_halo like so:

bis_fnc_halo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_halo.sqf";

That made calling "[player] spawn bis_fnc_halo;" from the debug console do nothing, but if I get above 100m I still get halo mode.

I've also tried inheriting cfgMoveBasic and cfgMoveMaleSdr and replacing all the poses inside

class ParachuteFreeFall : NoActions

with the sub-100m fall-pose (AfalPercMstpSrasWrflDnon).

Nothing seems to work.

I've looked all over, but can't find where it checks if the player is above 100m and enables halo mode.

If someone could offer some insight into this matter, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

I managed to override the animation states, so now I can atleast aim and fire etc above 100m, but the unit still changes his handling, so strafing gets disabled, adds altimeter and radial blur.

Can all the official arma 3 functions, vehicles etc. be located in the Arma 3 addons and dta-folders as .pbo's, or is there stuff "hidden behind the curtains" so to speak, that we can't access (yet)?

If I were able to unrap all the official files and convert the config.bin to .cpp's, I'd probably be able to find the logic for auto halo jumps pretty quickly using sublime texts find in files feature (given that it actually is specified in any of those). Is there any tool to unrap and convert the bins automatically?

Im assuming you guys never found a solution to this. Really need to be able to disable this.

Im assuming you guys never found a solution to this. Really need to be able to disable this.

Apparantly some guy called Goblin has done so, but he won't tell anyone how until he releases his Halo script thing. Personally I don't think he has solved it yet, hence his refusal to share the info, I've spent AGES trying to stop this 100m halo stance from happening.

Apparantly some guy called Goblin has done so, but he won't tell anyone how until he releases his Halo script thing. Personally I don't think he has solved it yet, hence his refusal to share the info, I've spent AGES trying to stop this 100m halo stance from happening.

Never disabled animations or used configs. (for my HALO setup anyway) All I did was put players into the faux-flying C-130 and let them walk around so they can Jump out the back. As far as "sharing", there is nothing to share. Teleporting players around is an old and common practice. (or no?) I'm guessing you guys are talking about some other type-of-project? setPos, setvectorUP, vectorDir, disableSimulation, etc.

Where do i go about learning arma 3 altis life map editing

Don't hi-jack threads, this has absolutely nothing to do with the original post.

If you must know, then all you have to do is DePBO the Altis Life mission from your "%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache"

2 years later and still not fixed. FFS

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If, like Von Quest its simply to put guys into the fake C130 or similar, isn't it just a case of getpos/setpos'ing the player(s) into position and then performing an empty switchmove to reset the animations?