Sign in to follow this  
jmvars

Where is the highest point on Altis?

I know a similiar question has been asked in the General section, but it only provided a name which doesn't exist in-game due to legal reasons.

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows where it is, I would really like to pay a visit to that mountain for screenshotting reasons. Also, someone said the map has been scaled down to about 75%, so 470m (highest peak according to the other thread) becomes 353m?

A screenshot with the location would help a lot, even better if a developer answers. ;)

And before anyone asks, I've been trying to Google it without luck.

Altis has Thronos, altitude 350m, grid 048219

Lemnos has Mt Vigla, altitude 437m or 470m (depending on which website you believe, 437m looks more likely to me based on available topo maps)

Edited by ceeeb

Launch the game (once it is out) and load Altis in editor. Unzoom as far as you can and look for highest points it shows (if it does not zoom a little). Simple as that...

...or he could just read the previous posts in this thread which tell him the answer.

Yes you are right with that. I just assumed that the information they gave him were from website where the one who stated the number either saw demo of island or just some image of map (I am out for few weeeks so maybe Altis was release in meantime) where there has been few hight point, therefore they might not be the highest.

So my post was just another suggestion how to figure it out yourself. No offense taken (since it was more or less my bad). :)

(I am out for few weeeks so maybe Altis was release in meantime) )

Yes- was released on Dev Branch last Monday.

Good to know, thank you. I will finally be able to check out something bigger than Kolgujev. I miss Malden and Nogova Island.... :/

I didn't get to mess with Sahrani, sadly.

Best island by far-it had every terrain going! Farther south the more desert/tropical it got- farther north the more wooded/mountainous!

Haven't spent enough time on Altis yet but, will probably beat it tbh. :cool:

Best island by far-it had every terrain going! Farther south the more desert/tropical it got- farther north the more wooded/mountainous!

Haven't spent enough time on Altis yet but, will probably beat it tbh. :cool:

Damn straight!

thronos. but it's not that high. wish there was a cliff or something but likely height map resolution would not allow, unless it was a huge static model.

Kilroy the Nerd

Yes they were.

http://blog.moricky.com/post/59384853947/game-maps#.UhtRHNLxqXt

Sahrani was pretty much fun because there were so many valleys and bridges for abush even in CTI. If you destroyed certain bridges it was much harder to move around map with vehicles or capture town.

One thing however was weird and it was huge flat mountain on east part of north section of island. There was nothing but a few km2 big flat mountain with height over 1000m and most of it very steep. In CTI / Warfare almost noone ever went there because there were no towns to capture and base could be seen from far away and it was obviouswhen tanks came from up there. Something nearly similiar happened at northwest part. There were some towns, valleys and so on but you rarely saw players or base there.

There was one great thing about CTI on Sahrani. The "i" version existed and the "i" standed pretty much for invasion. There were 2 islands with airfields, one on north the second on south. Each side started on one of islands with a little bit more resources than in normal version, two ships that had attach function, truck, hmmw and a chopper with attach function for MHQ and low fuel so unless you refueled you couldn´t fly too far or scout (not mentioning AA defences everywhere on island).

I also remember one map put together by community I think. It was called AEC (Abel,Eden,Cain) which was simply Everon, Malden, Kolgujev in one map at triangle position. They were small so even at the age of OPF the servers could handle it and you had CTI on 3 islands at once (2 playable factions).

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

thronos. but it's not that high. wish there was a cliff or something but likely height map resolution would not allow, unless it was a huge static model.

Wrong, the map would allow it. They just made it according to real island. When I tinkered with map editor for Operation Flashpoint 1 few years ago I made a test and compiled a map with some 10 000 meters hill (30 000 feet approximately). Well it was fun since it worked but performing a jump from it in Shilka AA tank was not a best idea. It took some few minutes to reach the sea.

Edited by maxton0600

I also remember one map put together by community I think. It was called AEC (Abel,Eden,Cain) which was simply Everon, Malden, Kolgujev in one map at triangle position. They were small so even at the age of OPF the servers could handle it and you had CTI on 3 islands at once (2 playable factions)..

This One??? :p :p

The image that you wanted to post seems to be missing. I went and googled it so here is the link for the ones who don´t know it.

Click here

EDIT: Now when I look at them the small islands around the mains seem strange to me. I will have to install OPF back and take a look becuse I have no memory of them I could recall (Still I remember most of main islands without looking on map I could drive you trought as tour).

Edited by maxton0600