logitrust

ArmA 3 stops recognizing joystick as controller

Hello, I decide to reinstall Arma 3 after a few months of break and I have exactly the same problem on Windows 8.1 . The most frustrating it is Everything to operate still a few months ago :mad: :(

I am suffering of the same issue, tried to not use the Heli DLC, still have the same issue...

Windows 8.1

Same here... :(

Just bought my new HOTAS Warthog and this is what I get?! OMG! Hahahaha My 15 year old Seitek X45 did the job but... Why? BIA Pleeease attend to this issue. A heli DLC but no Joystick support? :( I will try the above and report in later on these workarounds

/Blue Angel

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I can add that I'm using a "one to many" USB Multiplayer connector. In other words the HOTAS Warthog two USB connectors and two other USB cables into a branch that then is connected to the PC via one USB cable. But that could not be the reason I guess from aboves post to tell :(

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Please repost this in the thread... :) I'll try this "workaround ". Think I registered for this once a while ago. -No wonder they will release the win 10 as a free upgrade for win 7 & 8 users hahaha

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

i upgrade to free win 10 tech preview and everything is fine now. no need to reinstall anything, all the games, aps working just fine with a simple windows update :) i had win 8.1 before.

Please repost this in the thread... :) I'll try this "workaround ". Think I registered for this once a while ago. -No wonder they will release the win 10 as a free upgrade for win 7 & 8 users hahaha

Hi All (1st Post)

Disappointing that this has been on going since August "2013"... Hope no one held their breath...

Having similar issues with a logitech g27 Wheel, works fine in Arma3 but when in Life the controller/config drops after pressing Esc.

Whilst I can use the Logi software for most things no matter what adjustments I make the steering is shocking, slow to respond, want to turn slightly left and its full on off the road.

Tried a few of the suggestions above, bit of a Noob with all this stuff, if anyone has successfully setup a g27 for Life I'd appreciate your help.

Cheers!

(Win8.1)

I just built a brand new PC with windows 8.1 64 bit, and I'm having the same exact issue.

I had no problems with windows 7 64 bit on my previous PC.

Any update on this? Has the dev team noticed this thread?

Thanks

If I use my Xbox controller for flying helicopters and I open the controls twice (so, first time editing some controls, testing them, going in the game again, then opening controller options again) it is gone as well. So I can't really change the settings more than once without having to restart.

I've been doing some google-fu and it seems it's not just Arma that has this issue, it appears to affect (sorry if this has been mentioned already, this is a long thread) many flight simulators including FSX. The common denominator seems to be windows 8..

I keep running into this problem, and a solution keeps evading me. Everything I keep seeing suggests it's a Windows 8 power management issue. But folks are saying it didn't happen before the helicopters DLC. Does the helicopters DLC somehow activate windows power management default settings, no matter what you have it set to?

I'm looking for the common factor here, trying to find a way to fix it. This is seriously a thing that needs dev attention, and not to keep getting ignored. I realize a lot of folks fly mouse and keyboard so it doesn't affect them. That's fine. I do to, when my joystick and pedals take a dump. I'd rather they not do that at all though.

Again, some dev attention on this subject would go a long way.

Yeah the g27 disappears

I'm experiencing the same issues as reported with Xbox One/360 controllers. No of the mentioned "fixes" work. This problem has clearly been cause by BIS, but the roots of the bug probalby lie within Win8.

Is there any way to get this answered or at least even acknowledged by the devs? Arma 3 is the only thing this happens to me with. I even went through all my registry stuff and changed it.
I've been doing some google-fu and it seems it's not just Arma that has this issue, it appears to affect (sorry if this has been mentioned already, this is a long thread) many flight simulators including FSX. The common denominator seems to be windows 8..

So it seems like Windows 8 is the culprit. I remember reading somewhere (possibly earlier in this thread), that installing a pre-release version of Windows 10 (which will be free to Windows 7/8 users upon full release apparently) seemed to fix it.

As it seems to be a deep-rooted Windows issue (that is more likely caused by a Windows update that was released around the same time as the Helicopters DLC, rather than by the DLC itself which is just a silly idea) that also seems to affect other games, I doubt its something BI can fix - no matter whether they acknowledge the issue or not.

TLDR make sure if your keyboard has more than one usb to only use the one that powers your keyboard, also dont use the USB slot on your keyboard if it includes one, make sure joystick is in USB 2.0

This recently happened to me and I found a fix that worked for me.

So I play on a custom setup, 3 monitors, 2 keyboards, wireless mouse, headset ect.

I recently decided to clean up my whole setup and relocate to a different room in my house.

I was playing Wasteland with my friends and when I bought a helicopter for us to fly, i noticed my throttle was not working. Went into my settings and my joystick was not showing up.

I eventually stumbled upon this thread and tried everything mentioned, nothing would fix it.

My joystick was available in the main menu but in game stopped working. It really annoyed me because I enjoy flying. I've been into airplanes for a long time.

Now I do have very good knowledge on computers. Code, hardware, software, everything. People were mentioning this is a Windows 8 issue, which it possibly could be.

The main issue is a USB problem. I have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma (Keyboard with all the custom colours). It has 2 USB Slots. I had both plugged into the back of my motherboard into the USB 2.0 slots. I had my joystick plugged into a USB 3.0 slot. I also had my phone charger plugged into my USB slot located on my keyboard. At first I moved my joystick into the USB 2.0 slot on my computer and still the same issue. Then I realized I never used both USBs for my keyboard, only the one for power. I removed the one of the USBs from my computer (remember my keyboard has two, i left the main one plugged in, removed the extra), put my joystick into the USB 2.0 slot and my issue resolved.

Obviously not all people are gonna have the same fix that I have, but this could help some people.

I'm having the same issue. I was trouble shooting today and found that in Vanilla ARMA 3 I am able to get in and fly just fine and even change key bindings in the editor mode. With Epoch 0.2.5.2 I loose the controller if I try to change the key bindings in game. With the new Epoch 0.3 I am losing controller recognition EVERY time I interact with a helli! Anyone else notice the same thing? Are we all playing modded Arma? I tried with and without Trackir5 and that did not make a difference. Thanks

I got a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force on win 8.1 pro 64bit.

Controller disappears every time I respawn.

1. Start Arma 3

2. Join KOTH server

3. Fly with a plane or helo

4. Death

5. Respawn and the controller is gone

This is very frustrating.

DLC Marksmen doesn't fix it.

What usb port are you connected to?

Can't find it now but someone posted a issue at the feedback tracker where his joystick stopped working when accessing the controls config.

He changed the used port from a USB3 one to USB2 and his problem went away.

Personally I have no problem with a Logitech G940.

o.o

It worked

:yay:

hi guys

The problem is win 8 and 8.1

try this

Go to the peripheral manager

-> Interface Device

-> Find HID game controller that matches your joystick

---> Right click and Properties

----> Go to Details

-----> Raise the Number in the drop down menu "ownership" of access path to the instance of the device

-----> It should look like this USB \ VID_044F & PID_0402 \ 6 & 13F8D941 & 0 & 0000

Open the registry and go here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \ USB

find the first part of the statement previously No. "VID_044F & PID_0402"

Develop a level and look for the second part of No. "13F8D941 & 6 & 0 & 0000"

Developer another level and click DEVICE PARAMETERS

In colone right look for the key "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled"

made double click it and set the value to 0

Restart your machine.

Hopefully finished joystick disconnections in ARMA3

More info here http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-devices-not-working-windows

sorry for the translation

Any progress on this?

All my hardware (Warthog, Simpeds, logitech extreme 3d) disappears after I join a multiplayer server. It works in single player sometimes. Please fix this. What is the point in improving the helicopters when nobody can use their joysticks? Every other game works for me fine. Its a problem with Arma 3 to do with Windows 8. Windows 8 works for every other game. This is an Arma 3 problem. None of the fixes people have suggested have worked for me.

Any progress on this?

All my hardware (Warthog, Simpeds, logitech extreme 3d) disappears after I join a multiplayer server. It works in single player sometimes. Please fix this. What is the point in improving the helicopters when nobody can use their joysticks? Every other game works for me fine. Its a problem with Arma 3 to do with Windows 8. Windows 8 works for every other game. This is an Arma 3 problem. None of the fixes people have suggested have worked for me.

Only an arma problem eh? Google search says different.

Found this post. It might help:

"I solved the issue in Windows 8 by setting FSX/P3D to use Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I have since gone back to Windows 7 OS."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/

hi guys

The problem is win 8 and 8.1

try this

Go to the peripheral manager

-> Interface Device

-> Find HID game controller that matches your joystick

---> Right click and Properties

----> Go to Details

-----> Raise the Number in the drop down menu "ownership" of access path to the instance of the device

-----> It should look like this USB \ VID_044F & PID_0402 \ 6 & 13F8D941 & 0 & 0000

Open the registry and go here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \ USB

find the first part of the statement previously No. "VID_044F & PID_0402"

Develop a level and look for the second part of No. "13F8D941 & 6 & 0 & 0000"

Developer another level and click DEVICE PARAMETERS

In colone right look for the key "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled"

made double click it and set the value to 0

Restart your machine.

Hopefully finished joystick disconnections in ARMA3

More info here http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-devices-not-working-windows

sorry for the translation

Can't you do this on a global scale by going to Power Options - Change plan settings - Change advanced power settings and set "USB selective suspend setting" to disabled? I don't know if that does the same thing, just wondering if there's an easier way?

Hello,

Unfortunately not, this setting does not solve the problem view capturing screen.

it must be done manually in the registry. This is a real problem that is true.

Another thing, after you change this parameter in the registry does not choose mainly in ARMA personalized joystick with integrated profile in the game if any changes are to repeat in the registry.

mini_15042106251316186.jpg

Only an arma problem eh? Google search says different.

Found this post. It might help:

"I solved the issue in Windows 8 by setting FSX/P3D to use Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I have since gone back to Windows 7 OS."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/

Yes this is an Arma 3 problem. Every other game I have run works fine. FSX is an old and unsupported game for Windows 8. The fact that single player works fine with joysticks points to a problem introduced with the new patches. The developers have acknowledged the problem. I just hope they fix it before Windows 10 gets released because we shouldn't have to wait that long.

Yes this is an Arma 3 problem. Every other game I have run works fine. FSX is an old and unsupported game for Windows 8. The fact that single player works fine with joysticks points to a problem introduced with the new patches. The developers have acknowledged the problem. I just hope they fix it before Windows 10 gets released because we shouldn't have to wait that long.

Just because you only experience the symptoms in ArmA, doesn't mean its an issue with ArmA. As evidenced in edwind's reply and in the thread Ratszo linked to, it appears to be an issue with USB Power management in relation to Windows 8. Some games (including ArmA) are affected by this, others (apparently FSX) are not. This is further reinforced by the fact soime users (including HeadPop) have fixed the issue by switching from USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0 ports for their peripherals. If its something BIS can help alleviate the symptoms of then great, but saying its 100% ArmA's fault is simply not true.

Just because you only experience the symptoms in ArmA, doesn't mean its an issue with ArmA. As evidenced in edwind's reply and in the thread Ratszo linked to, it appears to be an issue with USB Power management in relation to Windows 8. Some games (including ArmA) are affected by this, others (apparently FSX) are not. This is further reinforced by the fact soime users (including HeadPop) have fixed the issue by switching from USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0 ports for their peripherals. If its something BIS can help alleviate the symptoms of then great, but saying its 100% ArmA's fault is simply not true.

Looking at it another way, you could say if this tweak is not needed for other games, only ArmA, it is in fact an ArmA problem that just happens to be "fixed" by changing some Windows setting. Even if some other games are affected, if most aren't it suggests that the ones that are have some bug or bad coding in common that's responsible, although I guess it might be that they're using a valid approach that just isn't working properly due to a Windows bug.

Looking at it another way, you could say if this tweak is not needed for other games, only ArmA, it is in fact an ArmA problem that just happens to be "fixed" by changing some Windows setting. Even if some other games are affected, if most aren't it suggests that the ones that are have some bug or bad coding in common that's responsible, although I guess it might be that they're using a valid approach that just isn't working properly due to a Windows bug.

Na, the problem is win8 --do a google search, not win7, not win10-- edwind even shows the win8 problem.

Don't expect Bis to troubleshoot Micro$oft's software.