logitrust

ArmA 3 stops recognizing joystick as controller

I am also facing the issue reported here.

Windows 8.1 64-bit. Either one of my controllers are no longer recongised in the game after going into the ESC menu yet they're still fine in windows...

Please Fix this issue Bohemia as it's ruining the immersive experience that arma 3 brings. :pet5:

I notice that while it doesn't have a preset for the Logitech 3d pro, it does respond to its controls of manually imputed. At least when the game itself works.

This is still a problem. Perhaps it is a windows problem but we still need a solution.

After reinstalling Arma 3 due to an update failure, I realize that my controller setup has stopped working. I use a third party program called Xpadder with all the keys bound to their respective locations, none of which work any longer. I can see the Xpadder functioning as it should when having Arma minimized; I ran one as admin, then the other, then both, but the game does not recognize or wish to allow third party access.

I also made copies of my Arma 3 folder(s) in my documents before uninstalling the game, and it still somehow affected my controls.

I bought a logitech extreme 3d pro today it keeps disconencting when i push a button on my keyboard. When i go in the editor and spawn inside a plane it and fly without pressing a button on the keyboard it works fine. In other games i dont have any problems like DCS or FSX.

Are there any solutions?

Hi, checking in to this thread again to hear if anybody have found a solution yet? I still have the same problem only with ArmA3. Got the Hotas Warthog an Saitek Rudder pedals. Both disappear if I dear trying to move close to the esc> controllers for re-mapping or anything while in-game. Restarting ArmA is the only solution i have found so far. Tested with both USB 3 and USB 2 ports 2 different usb2 and 3 controller cards. Turned off USB legacy in the bios and so far everything between heaven and earth I can think of, still no luck...

Next test tomorrow is to try running the game in compatibly mode, rollback to older versions, do not particularly believe it will give any positive results, since i gave up troubleshooting on this problem back in the days.

According to Windows Support this is not a problem with the OS, so there's something muffins with A3 here... Hope BIS understand the seriousness of this problem and that they are losing a public face. Flying in A3 should be possible with controllers as joystick and pedals, right? Or maybe im completely wrong and have misunderstood the whole idea of ​​using air vec. in this game?

Hi, I too had this problem for a long time and just came across this thread. Using an old Logitech Attack 3 with a USB2 port, Had it since 8, upgraded to 8.1 and the problem with it disappearing still persists. Back in ArmA 2 and Windows 7 this never happened even when the joystick was unplugged for weeks. I also tested it with my Logitech F710 gamepad and I still get the same results. Though Windows has no problem at any point recognizing the joystick. I will try and go through Logitrust's foot steps but just like you I think it's not something on my side.

I remembered something while writing this post, went to my Wak.Arma3Profile and at the bottom found this:

class JoysticksList
{
   class Joystick1
   {
       guid="839F58F0-C8AA-11E2-8001-444553540000";
       name="Logitech Attack 3";
       offset=256;
       isXInput=0;
       mode="Custom";
   };
   class Joystick2
   {
       guid="B1C356E0-433A-11E3-8004-444553540000";
       name="Controller (Wireless Gamepad F710)";
       offset=512;
       isXInput=1;
       mode="Disabled";
   };
   class Joystick3
   {
       guid="C16A4810-2737-11E4-8004-444553540000";
       name="Logitech Attack 3";
       offset=768;
       isXInput=0;
       mode="Custom";
   };
};

This just shows the game knows these joysticks are here, which makes it even more annoying!

Note: The reason there are 2 Attack 3's is because I moved the same profile between W8 and W8.1, which probably made the game think it's a "new" joystick.

Hi, I can not use my joystick in ArmA 3 without problems. When I open the game, I can see the device in the "configurate -> Controls" with my TrackIR. And out of nowhere, if I joins a MPserver, the device disappears from the game and it's impossible to use, until I restart the game. Sometimes it works without problems .. but it is only a matter of time before we speak plane crash and the unit is absent in the game... My TrackIR works without problems.

Anyone experiencing the same? Or should i accept this is to be fixed after beta and launch 12.of Septmber :confused:

All feedback is appreciated :)

Hmm, I haven't really experienced your issue, but give this a try:

1) Disconnect your device

2) Open Device Manager

3) You'll probably see "Unknown/Other Device" being shown with a warning sign, right click it, uninstall & delete drivers for this device.

4) While still in Device Manager, click on view in the top left corner > click on "show hidden devices"

5) Right click, uninstall and delete the drivers for your (greyed out)joystick.

6) Plug in device and wait for the drivers to install.

7) Profit ???

I still have the issues it did accure about 6 weeks ago after a minor Arma 3 or Steam update:

Devices which stop working:

Device Name: Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick

Vendor ID: 0x0738

Product ID: 0x2215

Device Name: Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle

Product ID: 0xA215

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Vendor ID: 0x8564

Product ID: 0x0203

I also do use TrackIR but it still works flawless.

The finny thin it does still work in the system and in the programming software for the devices.

Also when I bind keyboard keys to the buttons they are recognized by ArmA 3.

This is very frustration as I am totally used to fly with my hotas and the pedals and currently can not support my squad in the air.

Hope somebody finds a solution soon, I'm starting to loos my fun in ArmA.

Solutions tried and failed:

• delete device drivers and devices and reinstlall them.
  • Delete Arma 3 and resintall it.
  • totally clean system installation.
  • Tried devices on USB 3 and 2
  • run ArmA 3 in win 7 compatibility

Edited by LtStan

I still have the issues it did accure about 6 weeks ago after a minor Arma 3 or Steam update:

Devices which stop working:

Device Name: Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick

Product ID: 0x2215

Device Name: Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle

Product ID: 0xA215

I have the same setup and I HAD the same the problem. I solved my problems with the x55 HOTAS incrementally.

Win8.1
has a FEATURE that
turns off USB ports to save power
and it does this very aggressively. This causes problems in Arma but probably in a LOT of other games too. You can find a
patch to fix this on the MS site
. There was talk of MS making this patch a default setting and that may have taken place. Use google to find the MS page for the patch.

Important.
You MUST use a
dedicated powered USB hub
to plug the throttle and stick into. I won't go into the full detail of why, but it matters and it also helps in the next step where you manage the power settings of the usb hub chain. I use the USB ports built into my DELL monitor and I'm fortunate that this is sufficient.

3. The next step is related to step 1 and 2 and is absolutely required. You need to go into
Device Manager
and the properties for the complete chain of usb hubs from your
PCIE bus
all the way out
to the controllers
. For EACH,
USB ROOT HUB
in the chain you need to go into the
Power Management
tab and untick
[ ] Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Incrementally I found that all 3 steps were required to get reliable usage of my x55 HOTAS in Arma3. Every now and then the HOTAS can still drop out (blame Saitek) but it is much rarer.

Good luck.

I have the same setup and I HAD the same the problem. I solved my problems with the x55 HOTAS incrementally.

Win8.1
has a FEATURE that
turns off USB ports to save power
and it does this very aggressively. This causes problems in Arma but probably in a LOT of other games too. You can find a
patch to fix this on the MS site
. There was talk of MS making this patch a default setting and that may have taken place. Use google to find the MS page for the patch.

Important.
You MUST use a
dedicated powered USB hub
to plug the throttle and stick into. I won't go into the full detail of why, but it matters and it also helps in the next step where you manage the power settings of the usb hub chain. I use the USB ports built into my DELL monitor and I'm fortunate that this is sufficient.

3. The next step is related to step 1 and 2 and is absolutely required. You need to go into
Device Manager
and the properties for the complete chain of usb hubs from your
PCIE bus
all the way out
to the controllers
. For EACH,
USB ROOT HUB
in the chain you need to go into the
Power Management
tab and untick
[ ] Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Incrementally I found that all 3 steps were required to get reliable usage of my x55 HOTAS in Arma3. Every now and then the HOTAS can still drop out (blame Saitek) but it is much rarer.

Good luck.

Thanks for the assistance sadly this did not work out.:(

I tried a powered USB hub:

• Monitor
  • G19 keyboard
  • Mad Catz keyboard
  • Anker usb hub 3.0
  • Anker usb hub 2.0

Changed in registry the power saving to off.

Sadly I still think it might be an ArmA 3 issue as this specific issue with thee 3 devices only occurs when connecting to a ArmA 3 multiplayer server.

Not in Elite Dangerous, WarThunder, Star Citizen, IL2 BoS, Battlefield 4/3.

I will be very happy about any advice you can provide.

I think Arma 3 reveals a problem that is already there.

• It might be that Saitek has minor electronic issues
  • It might be that Windows is running Arma3 incompatible power saving routines
  • Maybe Arma expects well behaved devices to remain attached and not reset themselves or take micronaps.

All I know is that I don't automatically blame BIS until I have tested every other possibility.

Personally I wanted to reduce the number of things that could be the problem so I isolated the the x55 devices so they would have their own electronically isolated bus. Absolutely nothing else is plugged into that bus. I'm not talking about USB ports. Many USB ports and downstream usb hubs share a common power bus even though you might think they are separate.

With DEVICE MANAGER you have some tools to see what devices are using power and which devices are hopefully electronically isolated in terms of their power requirements.

f3GyQul.png

Just now making this image I see that Win8.1 has forgotton my settings for power-saving sometime during the last week. I uplugged the Dell monitor yesterday so it might have been then. Now I have to right-click every usb hub on the x55 branch and disable that power saving feature.

Changed in registry the power saving to off.
It would be great if that was a 100% fix but it isn't.

I also have this same issue. Doing turning the power saving feature of windows 8 off from the registry didn't do it for me. I would advise everyone who is having this issue to check out the bugtracker for it:

feedback. arma3.com / view.php? id=14924

I also have this same issue. Doing turning the power saving feature of windows 8 off from the registry didn't do it for me. I would advise everyone who is having this issue to check out the bugtracker for it:

feedback. arma3.com / view.php? id=14924

Me too. Everything was fine for me until the Heli DLC patch. Usually it's fine with the simple flight model, but when I turn on the advanced, sometimes that kills it, but if I crash or damage the heli, it drops the joystick and throttle for sure.

not sure if is the same thing but my CH joystick is not working at all in game . i can see it in controller options and it is recognized but once i try to fly it only does the keyboard bindings only. my trackir works fine. joystick works fine in arma 2. windows 8.1

Am I the only Win 7 user with this problem? Using a Saitek x45, I reinstalled after the DLC, no controls even though it appears in the in game controllers list and it works in other games. I disconnected my gamepad and switched usb ports, it works for a day, then it stops working again.

Has this even been acknowledged by BIS?

Edited by Remon

Using XPadder, I have had no issues. And I found a profile that works very well Arma3.

I have a Thrustmaster T. Flight X and this is happening to me all the time.

I enter the game and the joystick is detected. After a couple of minutes it simply disappears.

I bought the Helicopters DLC and now I cannot play and enjoy flying with my joystick. Please fix this. Don't make me regret buying the DLC...

Any developer knows about this issue?

please?

any fix?

:(

EDIT: I'm noticing that if I never go to the Controls menu, the joystick keeps connected in the game (until now).

Edited by gonsa

I have got into a tricky situation and wonder if im alone on this one.

And i may or may not be related to the above issues, however i have never got the problem of disconected HW before.

Until VERY recently i have used target gui and made a small script that i launch before starting a3.

This aids in turning engines on, lights, gear, flaps etc..

And most importantly RADIOS!

Last night and without fiddling with any settings ( i swear to this, im a " if it works, don't fix it" guy) i could for my life NOT get my throttles working when the target script was running.

So after a whole frustrating evening i gave up the target and to my surprise found that A3 now supports almost ALL my buttons and switches.

Jumping of joy i got a massive bump in my head when realizing that TFR ( task force radio) could not be assigned directly as input from joystick is not recognized by TFR settings.

I tried making new target scripts assigning only the TFR keys. Also tried only making a script with only the throttle.

Although getting the buttons working fine ingame, my throttles are still broke by running the scripts.

Conclusion, when not using any software the HOTAS works as expected, but with the limitation of not assigning macros to HOTAS.

When using software to enable MACROS HOTAS inputs on particular throttle and stick movments are blocked.

tips, confirmations on the issue most welcome...

After a clean install of windows 8.1, Steam and Arma3 i also had a problem with a disconnecting gamecontroller.

The gamecontroller is a Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit.

I noticed that while messing around in the editor with VR scenes, there was no problem.

But the moment i started Altis the controller gets disconnected somewhere between immediately and some minutes.

That made me think about FPS. Turning off rotation blur and lower the overall visability settings in order to keep a steady FPS solved my problem.

If someone can confirm this solution?