Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Bw-mod

i tryd it

the cockpit exterla of the huey looks very good and it has a very good sound only the seat of the pilot is to much to the window

the leopard is also nice on the outside but the inside like the commander seat is not like the real and the driver seat also not so much i have been in a dutch army leopard and the commander seat has a joystick and the driver at his feet has holes for the grenades

but for the rest its very good work

I have one question, isnt the gun on the leopard overpowered? It takes just two hits to take out a t-80. The other way around it takes 3 hits. Isnt the leopard I older then the T-80? Is its gun really that much more powerfull then the one on the T-80? You can take out a t-72 with one direct hit.

The uh-1 looks really good and so does the VW car. The skin on the UH-1 does look odd from up close but that could just be my settings.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 15 2002,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I didn't cause i still don't have OFPR and rar file I got from http://warezscene.de/cazper/ofp-modsfinal/bw-moddownload.php is corrupted   mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well I'd say it is superb. The weapons are nice and have a good sound. I especially like it how they did the Panzerfaust. Two different ammotypes, very nice. It just looks a bit metalic (aren't they suposed to be in olive?). The sniper rifle is good too, although it's a bit loud - and I didn't really expect tracers on such a gun.

The Huey just looks awesome, definitely beats all other attempts to make one so far. Great textures! The Leopard is nice as well, but while I've never been in one, I wonder if they really carry packs of wine with them, when they're on a mission... (check the internal commander view, on the right side). Had a good laugh about that, but I don't think it fits the theme of the game.

Ok, I'll stop bitchin' and give you some pics. It's great, so get it while it's hot!

bw-mod-huey.jpg

bw-mod-huey2.jpg

bw-mod-leoppard1a5.jpg

bw-mod-kuebel.jpg

bw-mod-troops.jpg

Completely new model and looks great smile.gif Retexture it and fix the rotor blade bug and you have a good Vietnam Huey too...

These guys are truely awesome! This demo was cool, although the 105 rifled gun on a Leo 1 cannot penetrate the frontal armor of T-72. It has been proved by the Israel army, (this may be bullsh*t what I say, can't remember correctly) during Lebanon War 1982 they attacked T-72's with Merkava 1's and were not able to get a penetrating shot through the frontal hull or turret of these T-72's. Otherwise Merkava's proved superior. Although the T-72's were export variants with lower capabilities than soviet ones.

I believe these guys will balance things when the complete mod comes out.

But the power of the main gun is too high as well as the armor of that thingie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Genesis @ Aug. 15 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These guys are truely awesome! This demo was cool, although the 105 rifled gun on a Leo 1 cannot penetrate the frontal armor of T-72. It has been proved by the Israel army, (this may be bullsh*t what I say, can't remember correctly) during Lebanon War 1982 they attacked T-72's with Merkava 1's and were not able to get a penetrating shot through the frontal hull or turret of these T-72's. Otherwise Merkava's proved superior. Although the T-72's were export variants with lower capabilities than soviet ones.

I believe these guys will balance things when the complete mod comes out.

But the power of the main gun is too high as well as the armor of that thingie.<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed, Leo 1 should have the same armour and tank strength of a T-72 or M-60.

Leo 2 can go owning the T-80 and giving the Abrams a heck of a fight smile.gif

I also liked the MG42 tripod and that you can switch ammo for the MG3 smile.gif

The pistols are nice too smile.gif

But why do they all have the same face?

Well it seems not to be possible to create new units with excangeable faces sad.gif

But for the overpowered Leo and some other little Bugs there will be a Patch next Week I think.

(the armor and cannon values are right, but those of the original ofp units dont seem to be... so we have to change them a little)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 15 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also liked the MG42 tripod and that you can switch ammo for the MG3 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How and where??

Cant find the tripod anywhere

And only see one type of ammo for the MG3

I think he means the Panzerfaust 3 and a tripod from this mg42 pack being released a few weeks ago...

that demo looks great... although its a beta... everyone said something about those great models so i wanna talk about the other parts... the missions, the story.... the intro of the first mission (i think its called firestarter)... wow... thats really impressive.... the only thing that COULD be bad about the mod is the story... i mean...the bundeswehr as a part of the sfor in serbia..ok thats a fact... but that was a peacekeeping operation... but in one of the demomissions ... you take some tanks , rush town and shoot everything???

Maybe its just be being an idiot... but in the first mission.... firefighter.... What the hell do I do when I get to the northen airport?

I get this marker "wait for others", sit there in 10 minutes... putting timeacceleration on. Ive landed 20 dif places to set off a trigger.. but... nothing..... I also looked for the god damn plane but... nothing.

sad.gif

I gave up. Tried it 5 times now, with same result. And I dont feel like playing a mission with german briefing, so i guess that was it for me of this beta.... Except of course playing with the new models biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NurEinMensch @ Aug. 15 2002,23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had this problem, too. Tried it a few times but couldn't finish the mission.  confused.gif

Will try it again.<span id='postcolor'>

strange... i will try again too

It's still imposible for me to finish that mission. But except this and a few more minor bugs this first demo version is excellent!

Its ok, but very buggy...!

The Leopard internal is odd...

The HK79 Grenade launcher is little bit fucked.

The Huey is ok, (they showed a video once where it had a MG3, wheres that?)

All the units have the same face, they cant solve that problem, BUT, they all have the same ugly bearded face, we didnt they make one with a anomymous face? no beard, just a very plain face.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 16 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its ok, but very buggy...!

All the units have the same face, they cant solve that problem, BUT, they all have the same ugly bearded face, we didnt they make one with a anomymous face? no beard, just a very plain face.<span id='postcolor'>

Hopefull o2 made models will have normal faces, I agree about the beard! Why that face!?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 16 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its ok, but very buggy...!

All the units have the same face, they cant solve that problem, BUT, they all have the same ugly bearded face, we didnt they make one with a anomymous face? no beard, just a very plain face.<span id='postcolor'>

To add to that the Leapord tank has some unfinished textures on the rear section of the turret that seems to pop up grey from over 100meters away. Also I agree the inside of the turret has odd textures and could be improved.

Ditto for the UH-1. It looks a little unfinished and it would be nice if it had a door gunner, but I guess that'll be in the full version.

The engine sound also has a loud jet engine type roar. I've never been near a Leapord tank, but I've been near M1 Abrams and while they do have a turbine engine sound (because that's what they use) they don't make a huge jet engine sound. I wish the sound had a little more of the vehicle tracks squeaking sound to them.

Other bugs:

Tracers are black for the G3 riflemen.

The MG-3 gunner has no iron sites when you press "V".

P8 pistol sits kinda strange in the soldier's hand.

Good things:

On the plus side the tracers from the MG-3 are beautiful as they are nice and bright like the ones on the ZSU-23-4 Shilka. Definitely a breakthrough! About time someone did that. I just hope they can get the iron sites back.

The cannon sounds on the Leapord tank are beautiful! I love the way you hear the scream of the shell as it passes over your head. It sounds like the ones from Satchel's sound pack although the explosion once the round hits sounds different.

Tank damage is pretty good. They are good tough tanks.

Also the tank crew members look kick ass with the headsets. I wish the BW-MOD group would make some commando units like that with the head sets using the headset mounted boom microphone. I noticed that also on the UH-1 Pilot. Very nice attention to detail.

Backpacks on the soldiers are excellent.

The Panzerfaust soldiers have a truly excellent AT rocket. I love how you have two types of ammo (AT and bunker busting). However the scope on the rocket appears behind the gunners head. But I guess that was a compromise in the addon and overall I don't think it's that noticeable as the rest of the launcher is superb and similar in style to Kegetys's RPG-7 with an external rocket that appears on the launcher when you load it and disappears when you fire it. Furthermore the rocket on the end is a different object depending on which type of ammo you use...nice attention to detail again. The sites on it are also excellent, although I think it is a little bit too accurate as it shoots very flat and accurately out to long ranges.

Sniper unit is very nice. I really love the sniper rifle he has. Very accurate and very powerful with one shot-one kill capability, and a nice hefty sound.

The Kuebel military car is fairly nice. Very well done interior and exterior and a fun little car to drive.

In general, I think that it looks to be an excellent MOD. While I'm not German (I'm American) and don't have any particular use for a German campaign and missions (because of the text I can't understand), I do see plenty of uses for the addons in large NATO missions combining American and various European units including the German units from this MOD. These BW addons are of excellent quality overall and definitely make a fine addition to anyone's addon collection. smile.gif

I greatly look forward to more high quality mods from the BW-MOD team.

Ah, now if only we could see more British and French units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>