Sign in to follow this  
Dead3ye

Will we ever see weapon resting and bipod deployment?

Something i am sure everyone is in agreement that this needs to happen. The amount of weapon sway a sniper gets when prone (you'd assume the weapon would be rested) is laughable, and you have the lung capacity of a small child when you hold your breath for a shot. So. Will we ever see weapon resting or is there some strange reason that BIS refuses to add it into the game? With all the new battle stances weapon resting is more important than ever before.

I also find it hard to understand why weapon resting isn't in the game yet. When some of the guns have bipods clearly modelled, it does make you wonder why it hasn't been done.

It isn't in the game because it wasn't in the release plans for ArmA 3. Period.

Thats why IMO it is important for growing company as BIS is to listen to their community, right before development of the game starts.

Looking realistically what are the drawbacks of the engine and what can be improved at first and making it point of honour to fix the issues. Also, at very early stage of development there is much more room for engine improvements, fixes like 64 bit, multithreading performance, features etc. It is bad to be focused on graphics mostly and forget about the gameplay elements. It is all vital game environment.

I think that we might start to see some of top voted Feedback tracker issues resolved in coming updates. Bipods are just one of the most essential of them in terms of gameplay.

At least we got scripts...............................................................................................

It confuses me also why these haven't been implemented yet...Thank you TMR!

Amen! But the problem with mods is that some servers won't run em, some will force em on, and it generally makes things a pain (A2 got pretty crazy towards the end there, six updater presets, mixing and matching. Ugh!)

If only BIS could just write it in themselves, they're more than capable.

just waiting for a DLC or an expansion or ArmA 4.

I sure BIS love it, but they dont have time to make it is working right for now (I think they'd said something like that on E3).

They said they still 'might' do it.

Until then enjoy having to lie down every single time you want to kill someone beyond 150 meters when using an AR.

It isn't in the game because it wasn't in the release plans for ArmA 3. Period.

Thats why IMO it is important for growing company as BIS is to listen to their community, right before development of the game starts.

Looking realistically what are the drawbacks of the engine and what can be improved at first and making it point of honour to fix the issues. Also, at very early stage of development there is much more room for engine improvements, fixes like 64 bit, multithreading performance, features etc. It is bad to be focused on graphics mostly and forget about the gameplay elements. It is all vital game environment.

I think that we might start to see some of top voted Feedback tracker issues resolved in coming updates. Bipods are just one of the most essential of them in terms of gameplay.

Also, at very early stage of development there is much more room for engine improvements, fixes like 64 bit, multithreading performance, features etc.

early stage of development? This game has been in development for about 3 years, it seems like they've learnt nothing from the ACE mod which has been around a lot longer than that.

early stage of development? This game has been in development for about 3 years, it seems like they've learnt nothing from the ACE mod which has been around a lot longer than that.

You forget the issues durring development that occurred.

Yeah but having the ability to use bipods is NECESSARY for the proper employment of weapons such as MGs and sniper rifles. I read that they changed their focus midway through the dev process to focus on inf combat....and this is key to inf combat. Surely, if the community can produce scripts to put it into the game, why can't BIS take time out to do it themselves?

The most popular game-play Mods for Arma2 where Ace, Acre and SThud for a long long time. (there where other popular mods but they where more about aesthetics)

Because they fixed and improved what Arma2 was and how it played.

Why BIS have ignored this in Arma3 is beyond me.

Edited by BL1P

Why BIS have ignored this in Arma3 is beyond me.

Lack of time, and it comes to my impression that this time they have focused on the graphic part more than on the gameplay improvement. But in my opinion it can be done in the future in patches, and I hope it will come.

One of the BiS devs - regarding Bipods and resting - clearly stated that "there were planning mistakes made at early stage of game development - where resting and bipods weren't taken into account" - which is no brainer in here. It is loose-citation but I remember this note.

I don't particularly care if these features aren't added, but I did find it odd that they added a bipod to the model of the MX SW in an update, if they had no intention of making it deployable. At the time I thought that was a signal that they would do so.

I keep hearing about poor planning decisions, I'd like to know who could seriously have missed so many "no brainers".

Before bipods will make sniper rifles stable when prone there should be the addition of a wind.

Sniper rifles are already badly broken (apart from the lack of wind they have almost zero recoil - which is ridiculous for a .50 cal) and with Altis not having a lot of concealment they are already a problem. Give them complete stabilization and there will be no better weapon to use since due to the lack of aforementioned recoil (and no collision model) they are like slug shotguns in CQB too, not just a long range weapon.

Bipods for MGs are most certainly welcome. But they need to fix MX SW first which still has no semi-auto fire. And OPFOR's MG has it for some reason even though it should be vice versa.

Edited by metalcraze

I keep hearing about poor planning decisions, I'd like to know who could seriously have missed so many "no brainers".

amateurs

if we dont get the resting system, im sure ace will work on a invisible bipod.

As somebody who's played the game series for roughly three years, the greatest issue for me has since literally the day I started playing the game series been the fact that there were no deployable bipods, sure there are a lot of mods which fix this issue and which in fact do come up with great solutions for this, but the game is still labeled a semi-realistic military simulator and I would actually prefer to have the feature in the game itself as it then would not require any complicated scripting and such in order to be used by the community.

P.S About the last part: By that I mean that some modders would have to sacrifice their time which they could in case of the ACE mod for instance use on other much more important things rather than this issue which derives from the game itself.

This should definately be in the game. The community is asking for this since OPF!

If they haven't managed to do it by now, I highly doubt it will appear just as an ArmA 3 expansion. Clearly the engine does not support bipods(in the way BIS wants, fully animated and perhaps actually touching whatever it's resting on)

Maybe for ArmA 4 or 5.