Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

Oh! There's a space in wood! A readme error. Its wood, not woo d

Oh! There's a space in wood! A readme error. Its wood, not woo d

there's also an error with all the OD classnames, they're written as '_OD_' rather than '_ODGreen_'

Here's an Example mission, when you load in you should see 3 units, your self as a Desert USMC 80's unit wearing a woodland cover. A garrison, kevlar, flak jacket guy with no headgear and a unarmed, unarmored desert guy with a woodland cover.

Check each units Init to see how it's setup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3K9gdorAqHMXJMbno0dGtlcEU/edit?usp=sharing

Trying turning off all your mods. I'm guessing it's conflicting with another mod. Other than that I don't know what would be causing it.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still working. Here's some pics of my Army Rangers. I kind of wish I was better at the razzle dazzle showman ship part, but hopefully my work speaks for itself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2038.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2037.jpg

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still working. Here's some pics of my Army Rangers. I kind of wish I was better at the razzle dazzle showman ship part, but hopefully my work speaks for itself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2038.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2037.jpg

Off-topic: which map is this? Is this one of IceBreaker's maps?

Great work Delta! I've been searching for Cold War era units for a while and I'm glad i found this! On a side note, since this is a US Military Mod, do you think you can possibly expand the time frame a little to include more modern units with Multicam and KDH Plate Carriers? I know you're a busy man and I understand that you might not have the time to or just simply don't want to make them, which is fine, but I think a lot of people (especially MilSim units) would really appreciate them. Thanks!

Off-topic: which map is this? Is this one of IceBreaker's maps?

I think it's a BIS map.....Utes

This one is Razoreniya, I believe.

Yeah I can confirm that . . . it's Razoreniya. Top notch the models. Really awesome stuff.

Keep it up it's nice to see that ArmA 2 still gets some love.

cheers

This one is Razoreniya, I believe.

Nice pics. I'm not completely sure, but I think the U.S. Army only wears the Ranger Tab on the left sleeve, not on the right.

Yes it is Razoreniya. Such a great map. I just wish it was bigger and with less vegetation for performance.

Laqueesha, how in the world do you spot these things? I thought I was meticulous. It seems you are correct.

There's some somewhat modern forces I do want to make, like US Marines, but that's easier said than done.

Awesome Rangers, Delta Hawk!

You never fail to impress us with the amount of details in your units. Waiting forward to the next update.

By the way, I see a little difference in their vest: the color, compared to the PASGT vest colors in your other units.

One question I always wanted to make, but never did: the colors on the PASGT vest seem a bit different from the rest of the unit. I'm not a military expert so I wouldn't know - is that intentional or accidental?

Oh, and I also have 3 other quick questions:

1) Do you plan on making, someday in the future, the M939 5-ton truck? I don't like the MTVR much haha

2) And what about troops wearing the IBA?

3) And how do I spawn a 90's Woodland Marine wearing the Sun, Wind and Dust Goggles? Everytime I try, I see myself forced to add a texture camo to them - which makes them look ridiculous. How do I spawn them with their correct texture?

I know, maybe you have already answered those questions days or weeks ago - if they were made - but I've been away for quite some time now due to college and I'm coming back now. :)

Thanks for the attention! Keep up the superb work!

Edited by GutierrezBR
Adding the third question

I'm glad you noticed the difference Gutierrez. Just about all the stuff you see on my units I have used, picked up or worn at some point in my life. A lot of it I have collected from here and there. One of the things I still have is the PASGT flak vest. There's 4 different fabrics on the vest, the main shell, which is a thick nylon, the shoulder squares, which seem to be Cordura nylon, the pockets, which seem like cheap, generic BDU fabric, and the neck piece, which feels like a polyester. There's also elastic bands on it too. After being worn a lot the fabrics tend to bleach at different rates due to sweat, sun and dirt, making them look even more different.

I do want to make the M939s, but I won't be able to get around to that for awhile.

I do have IBAs, but I haven't got them in game yet.

The correct texture for the SWD goggles is the helmet textures.

Nice infantry update! I'm loving the new DCU PASGT vests, they look nice! :D

Any plans for the 2000-2001 black beret? You already have the beret model done, all you need is the blue flash.

Just one thing, I accidentally deleted the Infantry RAR file from the dropbox, sorry. Could you please add it back? My mistake. :(

Edited by Laqueesha

Nice infantry update! I'm loving the new DCU PASGT vests, they look nice! :D

Just one thing, I accidentally deleted the Infantry RAR file from the dropbox, sorry. Could you please add it back? My mistake. :(

If you go onto the dropbox website you should be able to find and restore the file under the history.

If you go onto the dropbox website you should be able to find and restore the file under the history.

Thanks, it's fixed now! :)