Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

M1 series can have installed many different additional weapons.

Standard M240 7,62mm internal coax, over the gun mantled you have a special purpose mount for MILES equipment or additional external coax, normally this coax is M2HB/M2A1 12,7mm machine gun, but can be replaced by 7,62mm M240 or even 40mm M19 Mod 3 used in this CS/AMM mount, tank commander have its CWS/SCWS mount on cupola for 12,7mm M2HB/M2A1, but this can be replaced by 7,62mm M240 and in theory by Mk19 Mod 3. On M1A2 there is ICWS with flex mount for M2HB/M2A1 or M240 and in theory Mk19, newer variants of M1A2 use CROWS for TC, CROWS is designed to use M240, M2HB/M2A1 and Mk19. And then there is loaders flex mount designed to use M240 but in theory it is possible to adapt it for M2HB/M2A1 or even Mk19.

Use of M134 would require to add a power connection to vehicle electrical system. I never saw anywhere such configuration or even any considerations to add it. Besides this, there is really no sense in use of M134. M240 is just enough for 7,62mm calliber.

As for M1A3, I discussed it's creation as a bonus with Gurdy, however for now team focuses on existing vehicles. Perhaps after they will be finished we might think about it (eventually). In 2014 it was reported that 9 prototypes of M1 with ECP1 upgrades will be builded. ECP modernization program will eventually lead to M1A3 creation. If these 9 prototypes will be presented, perhaps based on them we might some day make M1A3. However the real M1A3 or M1 with ECP1 upgrades, will be fielded in 2017-2018.

You wouldn't be best to focus on that anyway as the mod (as the title suggests) was meant to be mainly for the 80's and 90's, whereas the M1A3 technically doesn't exist yet. There are plenty of other things which so much work has been put into that focus would be better for :P

Mod won't focus on 80's and 90's only, but also on XXI century. And yes, we currently focus on other things, any future variant of vehicle , might eventually be done in future, this is what I meant.

Thank you for your comments. Gurdy is doing a great job with the tanks.

I would like to make rain ponchos(it's right :) ) It would be easy enough to make, but I just don't know how I would make them work. Much much later on I would also like to make the winter jackets, but we all have other priorities right now.

One way that I have in mind could be to make the poncho as a part of a soldier, create it as a named selection and make an "user" animation (type of "hide") which would unhide the poncho based on external script which would detect whether it is raining or not. Another way could be using setObjectTexture command, based on the same script as well. If you are interested in script detecting a rain and applying a texture on an object, give me a shot.

I really enjoy this mod, as I prefer vintage units over these "ultramodern soldiers" with 2008+ equipment.

I would like to do some agressors with miles gear. It should be easy to make blanks but I won't be able to script the miles gear. You could use a scripting command in game to make a squad opfor in the mean time.

The mod title is US Military Mod. Pretty generic and could include anything from the US military, past, present or future. My main focus though is the 80s and 90s because the gear is pretty universal, which makes my job a lot easier. Other artists are focusing on modern stuff though.

If my memory does not cheat me, minigun has external electric gear. So you need to place it at first or mount some cable from APU to operate minigun.

I think it depends on the model, the AF GAU-17 runs off an aircrafts apu but I think there's been Dillon Aero M134's modified to run off battery packs for use in SUV's and HMMWV's.

Mod won't focus on 80's and 90's only, but also on XXI century. And yes, we currently focus on other things, any future variant of vehicle , might eventually be done in future, this is what I meant.

Well in that case I hope we see some older equipment. Not anything like World War 2 or anything, but maybe some early M16/CAR-15 variants or Willy's Jeeps with different weapons (To be fair, they did still use the Willy's into the 1980s, although very limitedly and mainly only in reserve). It is interesting knowing we still had things like the M551 Sheridan and M3 greasegun as late as the Gulf War. (So, technically, at one time we had the M48 Patton, M551, M60 Patton and M1 Abrams all in service at the same time)

Edited by Chaingunfighter
Addon

Hey, guys, if I remember correctly, someone said that someday in the future new weapon models shall be added to the mod.

Is that still planned? If so, do you intend to make the M240B? (I always wanted to see a M240B - with the heatshield - in ArmA2)

Another question, do you still intend to make the Interceptor Body Armor?

Any word on the next patch release? (Can't for new things, this mod is simply awesome!) :D

Guys, you still need to wait. The team is not big (and additional team members that are experienced in addon making would be appreciated), and the mod is developed for both ArmA2 and ArmA3, so it will take time before new content will be ready.

Hi guys, I am really looking forward to the full release of your work. It looks amazing !

I´m not shure about wheter or not you will create some extra stuff, due to the fact that you´re really busy, but how about some extra LAV-25s ?

I think that´s what I would consider as "missing" from ARMA 2 and your mod and you seem to be capable of doing that.

Until now nobody thought aboud adding improved versions of the standard USMC LAV-25 A2 (M240 on the turret, extra armor around the M240, IED jammers...) and there are also some other versions which I would consider important enough to add them to the game. Like the LAV-M, the LAV-AT and maybe the LAV-AD.

Just let me know what you guys think about the idea of extra LAVs.

Edited by Tybo25

We're looking into making our own high quality and realistic versions of US Military equipment, so we could redo stuff like the LAV-25s.

I just recently downloaded and played you team's addons. I almost missed it since there has been too much released US stuff and I really was reluctant to collect anymore. But I have to say your US soldiers' pack is really amazing and on the top quality by all awesome details well done! I think it should be one of the best US soldiers' addon in ARMA2, much better than those of US troops in the original ARMA2 game.

Edited by Fkymplbo

We're looking into making our own high quality and realistic versions of US Military equipment, so we could redo stuff like the LAV-25s.

Nice, I´m really looking forward to the mod! :)

PS. some MPs and Humvees for them would be great as well ;D

Nice, I´m really looking forward to the mod! :)

PS. some MPs and Humvees for them would be great as well ;D

Check a few pages back, a fair few of the HMMWV's have been done already.

Check a few pages back, a fair few of the HMMWV's have been done already.

I know and they are awesome, but I was refering to Military Police Humvees.

Hey everyone. I've been pretty quiet because I've been busy at work. I came across something today though that I need help on. How do I fix these white edges? I exported a 32 bit tga with no alpha channel and no background with the tag _ca, then I converted it to .paa. I know if I dig enough I'll find an answer, but asking is a lot faster, leaving me time to work on other stuff. Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/buldozer%202014-01-12%2019-45-28-14.jpg

Hi Delta Hawk... I like the DCU US Army troops, but just one thing the 3rd and 4th Infantry Divisions need to have their unit patches on their helmets as well. Just thought I point that out. Nice mod though thanks.

I know. There's quite a few units that have patches on their helmets as well as rank, however with the way the models are set up with the option to change out headgear via the setobjecttexture command, it's not possible without risking having weird patches floating around the head with other head gear. In hindsight, I shouldn't have included this feature and future versions for ArmA2 will not have the ability to change out the head gear, but will have the ability to add helmet ranks and hopefully patches.

Well if you have tried everything, then it must be broke. But just in case, try this. If it is the unit with the Kevlar helmet, type

this setobjecttexture [7,""];

If it is the boonie cap ones, type

this setobjecttexture [6,""];

And then copy and paste into the init of the unit

this setobjecttexture [5,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_sum_wood_m_co.paa"]

So it could look like this

this setobjecttexture [6,""]; this setobjecttexture [5,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_sum_wood_m_co.paa"]

Refer to the readme for different uniform types.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, review the setobjecttexture command in the ArmA2 Scripting Command reference.