Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

Yep, it's planned--those names are only there for the renders. We hope to have set up in a way where you can configure the numbers and chevron on the skirting, and perhaps nick names on the fume extractor and barrel. Also looking at ways to get glacis stickers and big decals like the old thunderbolt, but those are less likely to get worked out.

:wow_o: That's some stunning work there guys! Love the overall quality. The attention to detail is just superb.

Hi, i would love to see those a-we-so-me tanks as a stand alone addon for the ArmA3, at least the USMC variants in woodland and desert. Amazing. Let's C ya

As a researcher for the mod team, i think I can say, that yes, somewhere in near future, these, I think whole mod, will also find it's way to ArmA3.

We will be developing for ArmA 3 in the future. There's no release date yet.

In this case I will finally have a good reason to give ArmA 3 a try... ;)

Other than have a valid excuse to frag everyone at the ammo boxes accessing your gear menu???

Happy Thanksgiving Tanksgiving, everyone!

IPM1_2s.png

IPM1_1s.png

Edited by Gurdy

This is think the most beautiful mod I’ve ever seen! Keep up the good work, when can we expect a beta?

Excelent mod, really, I loved it!

Can't wait for the Humvees and Abrams.

After I found this mod, I never used any other units addon, except for enemies, of course.

But I was wondering... and thinking about suggesting it.

Would it be possible to make woodland units with rain ponchos? (Is that how it's called? I'm not a native english speaker, so I might be wrong)

I was thinking, you wouldn't have to create all the 80's, 90's and early 00's units. You would only have to create one type, since the poncho will be covering the vest, the belt and the jacket - showing only the PASGT helmet, pants and boots, which are the same for the 80's, 90's and early 00's units for woodland units (as far as I know, of course).

I never saw an addon with that kind of units. The closest that I ever saw are some units in a certain World War 2 mod, in winter units, using long winter coats.

Do you think there's a possibility of adding that in the future? That would make missions with rainy weather way more interesting.

By the way, keep up the good work (excellent work, actually). Everytime I see a new update, I get even more anxious for the next release.

Thank you for your comments. Gurdy is doing a great job with the tanks.

I would like to make rain ponchos(it's right :) ) It would be easy enough to make, but I just don't know how I would make them work. Much much later on I would also like to make the winter jackets, but we all have other priorities right now.

Thank you for your comments. Gurdy is doing a great job with the tanks.

I would like to make rain ponchos(it's right :) ) It would be easy enough to make, but I just don't know how I would make them work. Much much later on I would also like to make the winter jackets, but we all have other priorities right now.

Nice, winter jackets and ponchos would be a great addition. Right now I just give them gloves and act as if they have a similar situation as it was during WW2 in Belgium, without proper winter clothes.

You guys are doing an awesome work on the mod!

btw, I'm glad you decided to at some point port it to A3. this Mod is to good to not have it in the next gen engine.

regarding the tanks, I am sooo in love! one question though, I read that you're only covering up to the 'A1' model? is there, maybe in the future a chance for a simple M1A2? one without the TUSK mambojambo? A plain 1990s M1A2?

t(h)anks guys and good luck with the mod!

Keep up the amazing work DeltaHawk and Co, these units are absolutely stellar to play with at present, and I'm having an absolute blast with them. When the next update is out, I'll be switching my team over to these guys to take our fight back into the 90's. Only thing I've noticed is that on the Mission Control Centre Sandbox, which we frequently use for training, your US Military units are down as east, and putting them down on the map causes them to engage us, which means I can't build rescue or reinforcement missions. Just wanted to point it out.

Either way, amazing work, I can't wait to see more.

FLv*VeNoM, we'll look into making those variants, but I can't promise anything. We're all pretty busy with a lot of stuff right now.

Wiggie, I can't really provide support for user missions. They shouldn't be east though. I will have American east units much, much later though for aggressors and Red Cell.

Kerc Kasha, that sounds like a real interesting scenario. WWIII in winter Germany.

Oh of course not, you've got your hands full. For now I'll see if I can find a workaround with init scripts or something, I just wanted to point it out just in case though. Looking forward to seeing more, best of luck man!

regarding the tanks, I am sooo in love! one question though, I read that you're only covering up to the 'A1' model? is there, maybe in the future a chance for a simple M1A2? one without the TUSK mambojambo? A plain 1990s M1A2?

Delta Hawk is right that there is a lot of work right now, however I done some research for Gurdy to make, well, if everything goes well, at some point, you will have the whole family of vehicles based on M1 tank. This is however optimistic prognosis, how it will end in real life, we will see.

I wish to see an M1 Abrams with a minigun on top, but I guess thats not even realistic...

It depends on the mount used, I think. I wonder if (theoretically) you could mount an M134 on an Abrams, even if it isn't standard practice. It would be nice if the next variant of the Abrams (M1A3) has a mini-gun in addition to the M2A1's .50 BMG.

Edited by Laqueesha

If my memory does not cheat me, minigun has external electric gear. So you need to place it at first or mount some cable from APU to operate minigun.

M1 series can have installed many different additional weapons.

Standard M240 7,62mm internal coax, over the gun mantled you have a special purpose mount for MILES equipment or additional external coax, normally this coax is M2HB/M2A1 12,7mm machine gun, but can be replaced by 7,62mm M240 or even 40mm M19 Mod 3 used in this CS/AMM mount, tank commander have its CWS/SCWS mount on cupola for 12,7mm M2HB/M2A1, but this can be replaced by 7,62mm M240 and in theory by Mk19 Mod 3. On M1A2 there is ICWS with flex mount for M2HB/M2A1 or M240 and in theory Mk19, newer variants of M1A2 use CROWS for TC, CROWS is designed to use M240, M2HB/M2A1 and Mk19. And then there is loaders flex mount designed to use M240 but in theory it is possible to adapt it for M2HB/M2A1 or even Mk19.

Use of M134 would require to add a power connection to vehicle electrical system. I never saw anywhere such configuration or even any considerations to add it. Besides this, there is really no sense in use of M134. M240 is just enough for 7,62mm calliber.

As for M1A3, I discussed it's creation as a bonus with Gurdy, however for now team focuses on existing vehicles. Perhaps after they will be finished we might think about it (eventually). In 2014 it was reported that 9 prototypes of M1 with ECP1 upgrades will be builded. ECP modernization program will eventually lead to M1A3 creation. If these 9 prototypes will be presented, perhaps based on them we might some day make M1A3. However the real M1A3 or M1 with ECP1 upgrades, will be fielded in 2017-2018.

Edited by Damian90