Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

hundreds of different units put patches on their helmets. It's not against regs, it's just not possible with the way the addon is set up right now.

Nice 3ID patches! Broken T.V.! :D

That DCU and 16A4 combo, kind of takes you back to the Second Battle of Fallujah, November 2004 (but with no IBA).

thanks laqueesha ! ;)

No, it's not against regulations they whore them back then, and still do today.

1859432.jpg

what I think he means is that it would be a headache on his part to stop what he is currently working towards

priority wise to allow & make changes in his scripting to allow use for adding in custom helmet patches.

in order for it to work properly NormalMap bump Textures would have to be made for them as seperate

scripting elements to separate the helmet patch texture from the helmet texture itself.

in short, we don't have permission at this time to extract & edit his helmet textures as that is apart of the agreement

so I will let it go, as requested no questions asked. maybe later he will add a customized GUI footlocker action menu

that will allow full troop customizations when supported like the F/18 Superbug mod did.

for now he has clearly stated he is busy working towards more important development goals.

but, I can share the 3ID shoulder patch if you want it. =)

hundreds of different units put patches on their helmets. It's not against regs, it's just not possible with the way the addon is set up right now.

Ah, okay. Sorry about that, had me confused for a moment there. :o

Can we get a few different configurations listed out (perhaps in the first post) for specific units in specific eras, sort of like what Laqueesha posted a few pages back with his 1993-era Ranger?

I've been messing with a Desert Storm scenario, and plan to follow up with a Kosovo type of scenario...but I'm not finding much in the way of Desert Storm to help. If someone could provide some insight, that would be helpful!

US Marine - Desert Storm Era

1990s Desert Marine base, change uniform to 6-color choco-chip DCUs, change helmet to 6-color choco-chip DCU, add ALICE pack and gas mask bag

US Marine in NBC Woodland Fatigues w/ 6-color DCU kevlar and helmet cover (a la Jarhead)

1980s Desert Marine base, change uniform to Marine woodland, make sure helmet is 6-color choco-chip DCU, add ALICE pack and gas mask bag

US Navy SEAL - Desert Storm Era (could really use some confirmation that I'm on the right track here)

**BB OA Spec Ops and Desert Mercs required, if/until a black watch cap becomes available

1990s Desert Army (light) and 1980s Desert Army where necessary, ensure uniform is set to 3-color DCU, remove caps and helmets, add "Hat_cap" (knit watch cap) from BB OA Mercs in CfgIdentities, add camo to faces, add ALICE packs, bullet belts or bandoliers, and/or radio packs where necessary

And a question on the above-- did SEALs use any form of optics for non-sniper/DM roles? I have a 4-man SEAL team, the team leader has an M16A2 w/ M203, RATELO has M16A2, a sniper has an M24 Desert, and Machinegunner with an M249 (no scope). Could the sniper (or RTO, perhaps) instead go with the scoped M-14 from OA as seen in Black Hawk Down a few years later?

Can we get a few different configurations listed out (perhaps in the first post) for specific units in specific eras

He stated that his release info was a tad rushed, perhaps he will include his more specific predefined troop configs

in a future update release so we can better customize its use for our own editor missions.

I've been messing with a Desert Storm scenario, and plan to follow up with a Kosovo type of scenario...but I'm not finding much in the way of Desert Storm to help. If someone could provide some insight, that would be helpful!

He is in development mode and from what I gather working on era vehicles. *can't wait*

for now you can do what I am doing and just use stuff from the LoBoGulfWarModv2.0 -or- LoBo_Iraq mods

there's plenty of era units in those 2 mods to use as a temporary solution to making gulf war scenarios.

Also, I suggest you try the old Baghdad Island map, but you will need CAA1_Full_2009-12-27 (2Gigs)

as a prerequisite. Baghdad Island needs several elements from it.

Bear in mind these are Old Flashpoint models/graphics when compared to his troops..

but, it will do for now.

Edited by MadM0nkey
proper grammar engaged.

He stated that his release info was a tad rushed, perhaps he will include his more specific predefined troop configs

in a future update release so we can better customize its use for our own editor missions.

I realize the release was rushed as I have been closely following the project, I'm thrilled that it has been released at all. To clarify, I wasn't asking for any additional troop configs or additions to the Addon itself (though more gear and/or backpacks or covers would be fantastic), Delta is basically already giving us all the tools to do what we want using the hidden textures, which is genius. What I am asking for is a list of what combinations of setObjectTexture commands within the existing release can you use to get an authentic uniform for various units in various conflicts-- in my specific case, Marines and SEALs during Desert Storm.

That said, I too am excited for the vehicles to be released as well!

I realize the release was rushed as I have been closely following the project, I'm thrilled that it has been released at all. To clarify, I wasn't asking for any additional troop configs or additions to the Addon itself (though more gear and/or backpacks or covers would be fantastic), Delta is basically already giving us all the tools to do what we want using the hidden textures, which is genius. What I am asking for is a list of what combinations of setObjectTexture commands within the existing release can you use to get an authentic uniform for various units in various conflicts-- in my specific case, Marines and SEALs during Desert Storm.

Here's a chocolate chip camouflage helmet for 1993-style Rangers. (use this with the 1990s desert U.S. Army units).

this setobjecttexture [7,"\us_military_units\textures\helmet_6des_co.paa"]

Thanks, I was trying to figure that out and for some reason other addons treat backpacks like weapons (ala ACE) So this helps a HEAP.

I am working on a training scenario where we are going to do basically the USMC School of Infantry Circa 1995 at some point in the near future. If anyone wants to come let me know! Shoot me a PM...I cannot wait to use these addons, and nothing says USMC 1990s like a night time land navigation course in North Carolina trying to find a F**king chem light tied to a ammo box at 2am.

Also working on a rifle range with qualification. Grenade Range, m240 range, SAW range, Mortar Ranger, Night infiltration course, ect...for some reason it just feels more like 'home' using the older units. I guess my eyes never adjusted to ACUs or Multicams, and I just like the old woodlands.

So again, when I get this done if anyone wants to come along let me know! We are going to be using these in Operations too, especially when the vehicles are done. I think its high time to be Gunny Highway in Grenada!

Edited by Abshire

Can we get a list of all the hidden selections in the model.cfg. I'd like to develop a script for my missions that will change your gear based on what you have on your person, i.e. drop your bayonet no bayonet on your gear etc. Also for the next release a few things to consider adding:

1. NVG mounts on the helmets. A hidden selection like the dust goggles would work great. Makes everything look better if you want to do later 90's stuff and not have the NVGs attach to the helmets via magic.

Ide

2. Make the extra 7.62 ammo boxes with shoulder straps hidden selections instead of a backpack. This allows the solider to carry a rucksack or launcher in addition to extra mg ammo if necessary. Ideally each box would be it's own selection for 4 total so if you have 1 extra box then you could make only 1 appear.

3. Make 2 extra alice pack models, one with an M72 tied on (on the side or top) and one with an AT-4. I can probebly get you models for those if you want them and you can just copy and paste them onto yours. This would allow a solider to carry a launcher with a ruck at the same time. Also would lead to an awesome implementation with ACE's on back feature.

While I appreciate all the work you put into kitting out all the units but the way you made your addon leads to major possibilities for high level users to create some awesome gear scripting that allows in game models to very accurately represent the actual ammunition and gear units posses in their inventories. I and others would love to capitalize on this possibility and create what would undoubtedly be the gold standard for gear and unit addons moving forward. This is more than a matter of form as it adds tremendous gameplay value to be able to quickly survey your fire-team/squad/platoon and discern what assets are available to you as a leader.

Hey Delta, just thought of a cool feature you could do with the boonies (if you have time of course) If you've watched Clear and Present Danger you have probably noticed some of the operators have the sides of their boonies folded up I think this might add a little bit of a "Elite" look to any of the units wearing the hat. Obviously you have other things you are working on but if you could please take a look at it. If its to much work for such a little change then don't bother, we can live without.

h34dup, they are already pretty much authentic for the US Army and US Marines from 1985 - 1997. The gear really hasn't changed at all like it does now days. The same gear Marines used in Desert Storm is the same gear they wore in Somalia 1992 besides a few DCU uniforms. The same gear the Army used in Panama 1989 is the same gear they used in Kosovo in addition to the LBV. I've done a lot of research. You're safe. Don't worry about Navy SEALs, I haven't made them yet. I'm working on other stuff.

Falcon_565. Pass the headgear, gloves and gasmask bags the hiddenselections are too clusters and fragmented to do anything with them. NVG mounts weren't common back in the 80s and 90s. I've thought about a lot about the 7.62 bandoliers. For technical reasons they'll stay as backpacks. You can always take the ammo out of the bandoliers and put them in the packs. Modeling at4s and LAWs onto the packs won't let you carry them. Notice there is room inside of the packs for multiple weapons though.

Sup3r6F0ur. For technical reasons I can't. Clear and Present Dangers is actually what gave me a lot of motivation for this addon, plus Heartbreak Ridge.

Thanks for the info! ;)

If you want special forces guys, use the boonie (light) units, switch their patches using setTexture and give them camo facepaint. It's crude, but it gets the job done for now. :)

he he he already doing that (told ya :p) but they still miss the hide body option :p cant wait for an update Delta these guys are so bloody coooooollll i realy love these guys :)

Sup3r6F0ur. For technical reasons I can't. Clear and Present Dangers is actually what gave me a lot of motivation for this addon, plus Heartbreak Ridge.

Hey that's ok, we can live without, just thought I throw the idea out there. Just curious as if that link I sent you in P.M will be any help? otherwise I can keep looking into something for the usage of your MRE's and Canteens

Thanks for the reply, Delta.

Here is what I was thinking, maybe this could be of use to someone else. Of course, if I have anything wrong here, please let me know! I did take a stab at a SEAL setup that would require BB OA Mercs for the headgear.

I should note the "staging" mission I took these screens from has a color correction script running, so the colors will vary.

USMC Desert Storm Era 6-Color DCU Config:

USMC 90s Desert Unit -- Init:

this addBackpack "usm_pack_alice_prc119"; {_x setobjecttexture [9,"\us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; {_x setobjecttexture [3,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_win_6des_m_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; {_x setobjecttexture [7,"\us_military_units\textures\helmet_6des_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; 

AId6oJwl.jpg

Reference:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/7aztx.j6veq/v/vspfiles/photos/DMB0012-7.jpg?1350118428

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Are-both-sides-already-gearing-up-for-the-eventuality.jpeg

http://www.warshipsifr.com/LegacySite/media/echo_company_marine.jpg

USMC Desert Storm Era "NBC Suit" Config (note the 6-color backpack covers are not available, ALICE packs are used anyway):

USMC 80s Desert Unit -- Init:

this addBackpack "usm_pack_alice_prc119"; {_x setobjecttexture [9,"\us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; {_x setobjecttexture [3,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_sum_wood_m_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; {_x setobjecttexture [7,"\us_military_units\textures\helmet_6des_co.paa"]} foreach  units group this; 

ICtPneyl.jpg

Reference:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2012/09/incoming-dam-16-usmc-in-persian-gulf.html

http://www.superiorpics.com/wallpaper/file/Jake_Gyllenhaal_in_Jarhead_Wallpaper_1_1280.jpg

http://www.betterlivingresources.name/uploaded/Gulf%20War%20Conspiracy.jpg

My take on a Desert Storm Era Navy SEAL setup using BB OA Mercs:

US Army 80's Desert Light Unit (Requires an ID that uses face camo and the "cap_hat" from BB OA Mercs) -- Init:

this setIdentity "idSEALx"; this setobjecttexture [0,""]; this setobjecttexture [1,""]; this setobjecttexture [6,""]; this setobjecttexture [3,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_win_dcu_co.paa"];  this setobjecttexture [9,"\us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]; this addMagazine "7Rnd_45ACP_1911"; this addMagazine "7Rnd_45ACP_1911"; this addMagazine "7Rnd_45ACP_1911"; this addMagazine "7Rnd_45ACP_1911"; this addWeapon "Colt1911";

gUTUsugl.jpg

Reference:

None, can't find anything solid using Google or Militaryphotos...

Edited by h34dup

the helmet covers are

helmet_wood_co.paa

helmet_dcu_co.paa

helmet_6des_co.paa

I think that's from 2002-2003, not from the Gulf War. If you look closely, it looks like he's wearing a coffee-stain DCU with M81 IBA.

EDIT: Found the description. Definitely 2003 Iraq. ;)

Yeah, it's tough to find useful links using the above-mentioned sources, all you get is 2003 WOT era. My main inspiration with this mission I have in mind, in terms of these USMC outfits, was the film Jarhead, where they are about to head into the oil fields. I'm thinking you play as the SEAL team initially, taking out a SCUD launcher ahead of a Marine advance, your exfil chopper is shot down, then you switch perspectives to a Marine in the advance, ordered to break off and moving to assist.

EDIT:

the helmet covers are

helmet_wood_co.paa

helmet_dcu_co.paa

helmet_6des_co.paa

Thanks, I was wondering why the helmet covers looked strange. Updated in the post above.

Edited by h34dup

Falcon_565. Pass the headgear, gloves and gasmask bags the hiddenselections are too clusters and fragmented to do anything with them. NVG mounts weren't common back in the 80s and 90s. I've thought about a lot about the 7.62 bandoliers. For technical reasons they'll stay as backpacks. You can always take the ammo out of the bandoliers and put them in the packs. Modeling at4s and LAWs onto the packs won't let you carry them. Notice there is room inside of the packs for multiple weapons though.

Wait so the hidden selections aren't specific items of gear, i.e. mag pouches, bayonet, canteens etc? Also could you elaborate on the technical issues with the 7.62 pouches? Furthermore having at4's and LAWs on the packs would absolutely allow you to carry them. The whole point of this is that all of these things are used in conjunction with some major scripting to make a system that more correctly and closely represents what gear you have on your model.

Delta, do you think you will ever release this mod on the Six Systems such as, PlayWithSix, Six Updater, etc?

Could I possibly make a request being the ability to have some goggles on the helmet without a cover to add some variation to units with the hidden texturing ability?

Besides that, really looking forward to this mod!

I think I might include something special with the next release...hmmm

I think I might include something special with the next release...hmmm

My spider sense is tingling! :D

Delta Hawk, thanks for your great add-on (and sensible class names).

All, I've just updated my PlannedAssault single player mission generator with units (fire teams, platoon HQs, howitzer crews, TOW teams, crewed HMMWVs and Bradleys/LAVs, ...) based on Delta Hawk's add-on for the following theaters: '83 Grenada, '85 Germany, '89 Panama, '91 Iraq, '03 Iraq, '04 Iraq (and a '99 MOUT). I've tried to create proper TO&Es and reflect introductions of weapon systems such as the Javelin replacing the Dragon, etc, and use of backpacks, face camo for the unit type (infantry, dismounts, SEAL).

See below for screen shots (all of them being AI groups in action in missions generated with PlannedAssault).

_a2_1stcav_with_tow_launcher_europe85.jpg _a2_grenadier_in_gulf_war_91.jpg _a2_usmc_tow_hmmwv_2003.jpg _a2_1stcav_scouts_dismounting_04.jpg

Delta Hawk: any chance you'll add control over the boots separate from the uniform? It's mainly an issue in Europe and '03 Iraq (woodland outfit currently implies jungle boots, whereas black boots resp. desert boots would be more applicable in those situations).

William

Delta Hawk, thanks for your great add-on (and sensible class names).

All, I've just updated my PlannedAssault single player mission generator with units (fire teams, platoon HQs, howitzer crews, TOW teams, crewed HMMWVs and Bradleys/LAVs, ...) based on Delta Hawk's add-on for the following theaters: '83 Grenada, '85 Germany, '89 Panama, '91 Iraq, '03 Iraq, '04 Iraq (and a '99 MOUT). I've tried to create proper TO&Es and reflect introductions of weapon systems such as the Javelin replacing the Dragon, etc, and use of backpacks, face camo for the unit type (infantry, dismounts, SEAL).

See below for screen shots (all of them being AI groups in action in missions generated with PlannedAssault).

http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/_a2_1stcav_with_tow_launcher_europe85.jpg http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/_a2_grenadier_in_gulf_war_91.jpg http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/_a2_usmc_tow_hmmwv_2003.jpg http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/_a2_1stcav_scouts_dismounting_04.jpg

Delta Hawk: any chance you'll add control over the boots separate from the uniform? It's mainly an issue in Europe and '03 Iraq (woodland outfit currently implies jungle boots, whereas black boots resp. desert boots would be more applicable in those situations).

William

Sooo is this a mission or what? Where can i download this badboy?