franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

It is a time thing but money doesn't fix what the issue is, what we have is a case of burn out on something we practically obsessed over.

This is why I say the project in on hiatus, it's not dead but we don't know exactly when we will be getting back to it or announcing its return, I'd like to give it some update before announcing a return.

It is a time thing but money doesn't fix what the issue is, what we have is a case of burn out on something we practically obsessed over.

This is why I say the project in on hiatus, it's not dead but we don't know exactly when we will be getting back to it or announcing its return, I'd like to give it some update before announcing a return.

Great!!

At least we're hoping this marvelous addon will continue and be improved more and more!!

Thanks for this great job!

Cheers

Hello guys,

I HAVE SOME HUGE NEWS !! It seems that we have no more gun desync at all on our Ubuntu dedicated server when flying with two players in the same aircraft (which was the main issue of all time of the bird on A3), everything works almost perfectly. I guess the latest CBA was the fix. Does anyone else had cure the problem ?

Some more informations that might be usefull for Nodunit & Franze:

- Lasers are no more "tally", but work (I used one of the script that was post few pages before, haven't tested without it though, but the laser looks no more like a flashlight) and are lockable using SAL 1/2 Hellfires. Anyways it looks like there is a 2/3 sec delay when using a buddy lase from ground to air (JTAC/TACP) on our dedicated server.

- Removing AFM cures the helicopter explosion when it spawn "airborne" on Ubuntu servers. That way, it can be flyable by handling more damage when the wheels reach the helipad. By the way, as soon as the helicopter got wheels on the ground, doors animations and systems work flawlessly.

NB: Deleting the aircraft using a script in the trigger and spawning a new one using another trigger doesn't solve the issue. The aircraft will keep spawning in midair at the first spawn, no matter what you do, until it get destroyed once. Then, the respawn module of BIS does its job and the bird spawns normally.

- I wish the blasts and gun effects were bigger and delivers a bit more AOE damage, and also that the guns had some advanced ballistic with deflected bullets due to wind and stuff (oh yeah, I might be dreaming at this point).

I would like to add some kind of request to the community, since I don't know how to do it by myself, it would be great if someone could deliver a map texture (.paa) for the right MFD for Kunduz and FATA maps.

Cheers and happy flyin' !

Edited by Sacha34200

Thanks for the awesome work- this is great!

I understand the project is on hold for the time being but I do have a humble request for a future release.

Unless I've managed to miss something, it doesn't look like there is any to rebind the interact with cockpit key from custom action 20. As someone who uses ALiVE, this makes it difficult to operate the aircraft (ALiVE also uses custom action 20) as every time I interact with the craft, the ALiVE menu pops up taking input focus.

Have you considered allowing the actions to be bound to controls via the addon control binding menu with CBA3? Or alternatively via a configuration file?

Again- thanks for the hard work! This is really awesome!

Thanks for the awesome work- this is great!

I understand the project is on hold for the time being but I do have a humble request for a future release.

Unless I've managed to miss something, it doesn't look like there is any to rebind the interact with cockpit key from custom action 20. As someone who uses ALiVE, this makes it difficult to operate the aircraft (ALiVE also uses custom action 20) as every time I interact with the craft, the ALiVE menu pops up taking input focus.

Have you considered allowing the actions to be bound to controls via the addon control binding menu with CBA3? Or alternatively via a configuration file?

Again- thanks for the hard work! This is really awesome!

Hello there,

We are using ALiVE as well, and we have no issue whatsoever with key bindings. I use E as a custom key for the onboard actions, it does the job. However I would like to know if there is a way to bind a key for "Head Tracking Toggle" when using TrackIR ?

Hi, for some reason I cannot press any buttons in the cockpit anymore. I am using alive, and I had my custom key set to \ same as the alive menu. So I have now changed the alive menu to "left windows" and custom key is the same \

However I still cannot get any buttons to press anymore. An error message I get is... Picture\fza_ah64_us\tex\char\gscalar nan_ca.paa not found.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Also used this with alive before with no problems at all

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

here is my rpt file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33q1qfpc90v8rri/fza%20log.txt?dl=0

Hi, I want to ask if i can fire from cover like montain...if i can just go higher only for acquire targets with FCR and then hide again and fire with longbow missiles with LOAL-HI mod...

Bcs i was trying it and i hit the target like that ,but missile box wasnt solid.. And i hit the target anyway...

Ty for answer.. And sry for english

Hi, I want to ask if i can fire from cover like montain...if i can just go higher only for acquire targets with FCR and then hide again and fire with longbow missiles with LOAL-HI mod...

Bcs i was trying it and i hit the target like that ,but missile box wasnt solid.. And i hit the target anyway...

Ty for answer.. And sry for english

What type of missile were you using? K, L? The box is generally dashed means no line of sight from the missile sensors.

If you shot the missile in LOAL (Lock on After Launch) then it would be searching for the target at or just before the apex of its arc, or if the radar is involved as you said (And it is L) then the missile would already have that data.

If you are willing to work with us further we might be able to narrow down the cause by using a few switches in the init code.

If you're up to the task lets start with fza_ah64_noinit = true this will turn off all scripts, and you should experience 0 frame loss if it is something from overhead.

Then use fza_ah64_cem = false to turn off the complex start up, the aircraft should start like a normal Arma aircraft, and then finally try fza_ah64_nopfsched = true this should turn off the per frame handler only and thus the cockpit interaction function. You're the only person we've heard of having this case, either that or others aren't willing to come forth with the info on it, so we're going to be very reliant on you to test this.

Hey,so I was talking to you guys in february about this mod giving me wierd fps issues.Since then i upgraded my GPU to a GTX 980 so i decided to try this again.Alas I was still getting the same issues,however turning off HDAO and caustics for some reason seemed to improve it-not perfect but now it's usable.Do you know why this is?

I get this error when spawning in as pilot of the no radar version- picture\fza_ah64_us\text\char\gscalarnan_ca.paa not found

Also about 30 seconds after take-off all systems shut down and i crash...am I out of fuel?

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Hey,so I was talking to you guys in february about this mod giving me wierd fps issues.Since then i upgraded my GPU to a GTX 980 so i decided to try this again.Alas I was still getting the same issues,however turning off HDAO and caustics for some reason seemed to improve it-not perfect but now it's usable.Do you know why this is?

I get this error when spawning in as pilot of the no radar version- picture\fza_ah64_us\text\char\gscalarnan_ca.paa not found

Also about 30 seconds after take-off all systems shut down and i crash...am I out of fuel?

Ok-so I need to amend some things here-HDAO and caustics were not the issue.The FPS problem only happens when I am using the standard flight model.With AFM everything works fine-a shame as i dont like AFM. The thing with systems shutting down i think was being caused by me accidentally hitting the APU while in 3rd person view.

Do you know why standard flight model would causes this issue?I would much prefer not no use AFM.

But still-thanks again for this mod.I just finished reading "Apace" and "Hellfire" by Ed Macy and this is just what I need now lol

I believe there's many bugs related to AFM vs non-AFM that I didn't anticipate, mostly due to the scripting commands not translating seamlessly from AFM. I think some can be corrected but others will take some trial and error to fix.

Oh ok.So i know my comment was quite long and rambling.Basically AFM works fine.Non-AFM causes fps drops.I think it might just be my cpu-i copied my download of the mod onto my girlfriends pc and it worked perfectly.Her cpu is more powerful than mine.Ah well-it just means i need to get good at AFM :)

thanks again for this incredible mod-even the model alone is amazing-screenshot heaven !

Hello there,

thank You for keeping the thread updated even if the MOD progression is kinda slow, however thank You for this amazing work!!

My question is related to the model damage for Arma 3: How can I tweak it in order to get it more resistent to the small arms fire? It seems to me that the external armory is quite weak.

Thank You in advance for the answer.

Edited by maxsword

Anyone else having problems with the arming menu? every time i try and click the bottom left missile/rocket slot in the pod/rack arming box it exits the menu.

Anyone else having problems with the arming menu? every time i try and click the bottom left missile/rocket slot in the pod/rack arming box it exits the menu.

Yep here the same, that's also the reason why I'm here. The problem seems to be due to the Arma 3 update, because I've no issues when I use the version 1.46.

Which brings me to the next questions: How can I change the loadout using the Debug menu? And how can i change the default loadout what will be used everytime when you spawn the Chopper via Debug menu or Editor? I was trying to modify the scripts in the .pbo files but nothing happend.

I hope anyone can help us out here.

Greetings from Germany

Next step a DCS World port inch allah :)

YES! This would be a great addition to DCS.

Great work on this mod !

I am having an issue though. if I place this Apache with Zeus it looks damage even if brand new :( Anyone else having this issue please ? thanks

2226102015081900001.jpg

Why is the gun so inaccurate ? 1km range and i cant even hit..

Great work on this mod !

I am having an issue though. if I place this Apache with Zeus it looks damage even if brand new :( Anyone else having this issue please ? thanks

Likely due to the update, we haven't updated the bird, it looks to me like its rendering most of the proxies from the word go.

Why is the gun so inaccurate ? 1km range and i cant even hit..

Its an area based weapon, not precision..though its possible that the update changed some values and made it spread more somehow.

I posted in the armaholic thread, but clicking the lower left quadrant in the arming menu closes the whole thing for me still. Is it still happening for anyone else/has anyone figured out how to fix it? I was able to get it to work in MP last night but for some reason it stripped my hellfires and only gave me 1 hydra rocket. The gun worked great though! All else aside this mod is 2legit2quit.

EDIT: I'm using the Arma 3 version.

Seems The gun is working after the 1.50 Update.. also is this mod dead :C? I Really wanna see a new version .. Its my fav heli to use during ops

I can't seem to find out how... but how do I manually move and operate the machine gun? It seems to just be frozen or fixed on one location (pointing forwards) the entire time. I can't turn it left or right, up or down. And, I'm not understanding lock-ons. No matter what I read or watch, it just seems like it's always "this is what you can do," versus "this is how to do it." Any help?

Seems The gun is working after the 1.50 Update.. also is this mod dead :C? I Really wanna see a new version .. Its my fav heli to use during ops

For the time being yes, we don't have the time to work on her right now.  She'll probably have a career comeback at some point but I don't want to get anyones hopes up.

I can't seem to find out how... but how do I manually move and operate the machine gun? It seems to just be frozen or fixed on one location (pointing forwards) the entire time. I can't turn it left or right, up or down. And, I'm not understanding lock-ons. No matter what I read or watch, it just seems like it's always "this is what you can do," versus "this is how to do it." Any help?

Are you riding pilot or co pilot?  If its pilot then you need to activate both manual fire and the gun control option through the action menu, otherwise its possible that you rotated the function too many times because one of them is to fix all weapons forward.

Gun control 1=Pilot control, 2- Automated tracking, 3- fixed forward.

For the time being yes, we don't have the time to work on her right now. She'll probably have a career comeback at some point but I don't want to get anyones hopes up.

Are you riding pilot or co pilot? If its pilot then you need to activate both manual fire and the gun control option through the action menu, otherwise its possible that you rotated the function too many times because one of them is to fix all weapons forward.

Gun control 1=Pilot control, 2- Automated tracking, 3- fixed forward.

Is automated tracking associated with lock-ons ? Also there is no 'gun control' option, no matter what I try the cannon just points forward