franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Wow, thanks for the extra publicity!

An update should be out soon and I'm hoping to include the ArmA3 and TKOH versions with that update. There will be a few bugs though, especially with the model, but gameplay-wise they will be functional. There will still be issues with multi-crew aircraft in ArmA3 along with related issues associated with PhysX because I can't get the ArmA3 tools to properly binarize the model files.

Wow. She's coming to A3? Thats awesome! You guys have done a superb job with it. Anytime i fire up A2 i just have to take it for a spin

An update should be out soon and I'm hoping to include the ArmA3 and TKOH versions with that update.

Holy Macaroni!!! Time for some check flights to get back in shape!

Thanks guys for all your efforts!

An update should be out soon and I'm hoping to include the ArmA3 and TKOH versions with that update.

Mother of god, thank you so much guys, there's so much people waiting for your awesome chef-d'oeuvre !

Ok, I have a semi-working ArmA3 release available: Here

A few notes:

- Hitting any solid structure will destroy the helicopter and cause a nuclear explosion. This includes touching something with the rotors.

- Performance in multiplayer will be bugged, especially with two clients in the same aircraft.

- The HeliFM is not fully tweaked yet and will be problematic.

- Various weapon issues, mostly related to missile guidance and auto tracking for gun and rockets.

- Many other issues I forgot about at this time.

Version 1.4 for ArmA2 and TKOH are upcoming, should be within the week.

Ok, I have a semi-working ArmA3 release available: Here

A few notes:

- Hitting any solid structure will destroy the helicopter and cause a nuclear explosion. This includes touching something with the rotors.

- Performance in multiplayer will be bugged, especially with two clients in the same aircraft.

- The HeliFM is not fully tweaked yet and will be problematic.

- Various weapon issues, mostly related to missile guidance and auto tracking for gun and rockets.

- Many other issues I forgot about at this time.

Version 1.4 for ArmA2 and TKOH are upcoming, should be within the week.

Thank you ! Testing it right now.

A few other known issues, shadow LOD not matched to model in several spots, instruments barely readable at night without NVG's, a few spots with texture errors.

Consider this something like a beta release for A3.

It was a great pleasure to fly this bird again. Indeed there are some issues with the physics and some sounds missing regarding collisions, but it doesn't really matter since it's an early release. I've figured out that when you apply "advanced flight model" of Arma 3, there's no startup or shutdown sound but it flies really well. For those who wants to try out this bird with the AFM, you should deactivate the "damages while on flight", otherwise you'll have random tail rotor mini-failures (unoticeable by the aircraft systems and so the UFD). Chaffs are now working.

My impressions so far: I would suggest a Custom Key usage for the "Activate Head Tracking" action. It would be more handy since this action is pretty much at the end of the action menu. Will you guys rework on the collisions lights aswell and will you add the flares for IR threats ? Also, while using Head Tracking on TADS with Hellfire SAL2 selected, its kinda hard to stay locked on the target while flying with positive IAS. Is this normal that you can't properly lock the target ? Is it possible to add a "second" lock bind key to memorize the TADS active lock (in the A/C TSD database) so when you move your head you don't loose the lock on the target ? Finally the landing lights are kinda useless since they are lighting way too below the aircraft, so you can't really see were it lights on from the cockpit even by lifting up your seat.

Last question, is there a true differences regarding the effects on target between termobaric, blast and conventional SAL2 Hellfire missiles ? For example, does thermobaric ammo will be able to destroy an ammo cache or building because of its shockwave ? Does the AGM-114K really got a wider effect on infantries and soft targets ?

Thank you.

Arma 3 version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NodUnit) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

config.bin/Cfg/Weapons/LOP_57mmlauncher/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'Burst'

Did this error pop up after going into editor mode or did it occur after releasing the trigger to complete the burst cycle?

Love the attention to detail in this model but I would love to see a non-interactive cockpit mode for those of us with chubby fingers :o

i totally agree- I really want to recreate Operation Glacier 2 described in ed macy's book "apache"where 2 british apaches landed in jugroom fort afghanistan carrying 4 royal marines to rescue i MIA soldier-check out the pics online if you havnt seen them-it has never been done befor,but i really cant fly this.Could it be made like perals A-10 with the disable cockpit option?otherwise it really is a stunning mod.hopefuully i'll master it someday.thanks again

Love the attention to detail in this model but I would love to see a non-interactive cockpit mode for those of us with chubby fingers :o

there are three methods of control over page selection, you can use action menu, keyboard (see shortcut keys listed here) for joystick users, or the interaction http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_operation.html

If you are referring to start up then that can be disabled by entering this into the init field fza_ah64_cem = false Likewise other init codes for disabling various aspects of the helo can be found at the bottom of this page http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_editor.html

Edited by NodUnit

Have been the physics finnaly fixed? Didn't test this awesome mod since i think 2 months.

Yes there is no more sliding and the aircrafts COG is where it should be.

Awesome! Will test it as soon as i have some spare time! Congrats Franze and Nodunit, glad you finnaly were able to fix that as soon as the game let you do it. The best helicopter for the arma series by far!

Great I'm excited to try it out! Do you have any plans to fix the Campaign so it'll work for Arma 3? I'm in the process of addressing each error by unpacking-editing-repacking the PBO, but it's taking forever. I'm also not well versed on scripting. Great job so far!

As promised, here is v1.4 for ArmA2; naturally it will have quite a few less issues than the ArmA3 version, but there's sure to be plenty all the same.

Regarding the various bugs and problems: Yes, I was upfront about that when I released. Right now it's a mish-mash of A2 and TKOH content in the A3 engine and naturally it doesn't all translate over well. Some major problems like tail rotor failures from too much pedal (especially noticeable with keyboard controls) I'm not sure how to fix because so little documentation exists for the A3 AFM. My PMs have been filled with people trying to use the A2 version in A3 and it just won't work that easily - it's not plug and play from one engine to the next. This is what you get unless you want to wait another 3 years for us to learn all the idiosyncrasies of the A3 engine to fully polish it. Fixes will come along as I figure out exactly what the actual problems are.

This is not an issue with the Apache, this is a bug with Leights OPFOR pack.

i totally agree- I really want to recreate Operation Glacier 2 described in ed macy's book "apache"where 2 british apaches landed in jugroom fort afghanistan carrying 4 royal marines to rescue i MIA soldier-check out the pics online if you havnt seen them-it has never been done befor,but i really cant fly this.Could it be made like perals A-10 with the disable cockpit option?otherwise it really is a stunning mod.hopefuully i'll master it someday.thanks again

The click actions are only required for specific actions like engine startup and MPD waypoint/PFZ functionality. Essential actions are bound to keys; everything else is generally available under the action menu.

Great I'm excited to try it out! Do you have any plans to fix the Campaign so it'll work for Arma 3? I'm in the process of addressing each error by unpacking-editing-repacking the PBO, but it's taking forever. I'm also not well versed on scripting. Great job so far!

The campaign has too many dependencies on A2 in order to justify a streamlined port of it. If the demand is there, then I may entertain making a new campaign for ArmA3.

Hi,

I just installed the v1.4 via Playwith 6 and running Steam ArmA3 and placing a block II in editor then starting in pilot seat.

I use alt key to give me free look, look at left hand side of cockpit and battery switch.

I see blue text about battery, but have a green x vs a blue dot.

When I attempt to activate the battery switch with the green x, I give verbal commands to "Fire or Don't Fing Fire", but no battery switch activation.

Using various other modulating keys (alt, shft...) no affect.

So, what did I miss to activate cockpit switches from the free look mode?

Fix was to assign a key to custom 20, I chose the space bar. Now to get the sequence correct hehe.

Edited by gunner1962
Answered My Own Question

Sorry, i'll let him know about this issueSorry, i'll let him know about this issue

If the demand is there, then I may entertain making a new campaign for ArmA3.

I'd love to see the campaign for A3 Apache...

Thank you for new Apache, I've flown for a while yesterday, and it's already a great addon. Thanks guys!

I've found the mod conflicts with Leights Opfor Pack and generates the [config.bin/Cfg/Weapons/LOP_57mmlauncher/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'Burst'] error. I'm using the second last version, so that might be it. Perhaps someone can confirm the issue disappears with the newer version?